“An evening to remember!”
Review of The Pass

The Pass
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pass is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Pass is set to be a totally innovative dining venue with a very dramatic twist. Taking a seat in this theatre, you will be able to contribute to the backstage drama involved in presenting a superb and ground breaking tasting menu, combining a resourcefully superior menu with a truly memorable encounter. Executive Chef, Lewis Hamblet describes his cooking as English interlaced with Mediterranean influences and strictly follows the Exclusive Hotels initiative to source the very best produce from local suppliers.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“An evening to remember!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my husband and I first experience of Michelin star-rated food. It passed expectations. The wine flight was a thoughtful addition and completely complimented the meal. The staff could not have been more helpful or informative. The addition of video screens for diners whose backs were to the kitchens on view, was a lovely touch. For the fish course it came with a nut crust. I do not eat nuts and asked for it to be withheld. Without asking, they provided a herb crust which was delightful. A wonderful evening which we will not forget.

Visited March 2013

London
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had the 8 course surprise menu and it was a fantastic experience the cooking was very special 5 of the 8 courses were top draw. We had been to Alan Ducass at the Dorchester last month and the cooking at the Pass is exceptional. If you are into good food with exceptional flavours and presentation then this is the place for you.

• Visited May 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“tasty tasters”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Amazing tasting menu with wines or non-alcoholic accompaniments. Weird and wonderful food and brilliant service - all in the kitchens (ie the Pass) which were whisperly quiet and orderly and a joy to watch the food being prepared

Visited May 2013
London
“Perfection at The Pass”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked a table for 4 at The Pass for my mother-in-laws birthday on a Saturday night.

The staff were exceptional from the moment we arrived in our taxi to the moment we left.

Started off in the lounge bar with a Kir Royal, nice chap playing on the piano in the corner. Set a lovely ambience. All dressed up and looking forward to our evening having read many reviews beforehand. We weren’t disappointed.

The only way I can describe the restataunt itself is you feel like you’ve walked into a tardis. One minute you’re sat in a very elegant, old school traditional stunning lounge then BANG you walk through into a very modern kitchen! Such a contrast but delightful! Basically ‘what’s out there aint isn’t here’.

The meal was perfect. We went for ‘The Pass Experience’ menu and chose wine rather than going for the ‘flight’. I’m glad we did as the courses just kept on coming albeit at a much needed reasonable pace.

The combination of flavours, attention to detail was mind blowing. I could have been in London, Hong Kong anywhere but no I was in Lower Beeding!

All the staff knew it was my mother-in-laws birthday and were very attentative. It made for such a wonderful evening, one that we’ll never forget. She was given a signed menu from Matt Gillan at the end of the night as a keepsake which was a nice touch.

We finished our evening in the lounge area back in the main hotel which again was beautiful. Chap on the piano played ‘Happy Birthday’ which again added to our evening.

Definitely a place to go for a special night out. We’ll be back.

Tips:
• Don’t munch on the nuts/nibbles in the lounge bar beforehand, you’ll regret it!
• Don’t be afraid to go on the waiting list – I called the week before and managed to get a cancelled table for 4 at 8.30pm
• If you don’t like one of the courses say so, they’ll make you something else.

• Visited April 2013
UK
“It was OK”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'd heard plenty about this place so was keen to give it a whirl.

At the end of the day, I found it quite underwhelming. Food was OK but not outstanding. Layout, etc, put me off as well.

I think it's trying too hard for it's own good (if you get what I mean).

Visited January 2013