“The most amazing meal!”
Review of The Pass

The Pass
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pass is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Pass is set to be a totally innovative dining venue with a very dramatic twist. Taking a seat in this theatre, you will be able to contribute to the backstage drama involved in presenting a superb and ground breaking tasting menu, combining a resourcefully superior menu with a truly memorable encounter. Executive Chef, Lewis Hamblet describes his cooking as English interlaced with Mediterranean influences and strictly follows the Exclusive Hotels initiative to source the very best produce from local suppliers.
London, United Kingdom
“The most amazing meal!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at The South Lodge hotel for 24 hours for my wife's birthday. Started with lunch at The Pass - wow. It was one of the most amazing dining experiences I've had in the world. Each course was a visual delight but, more importantly, a thrilling combination of flavours. There was a wonderful variety of special ingredients from truffles to superb venison – down to details such as the superb bread and even three types of salt to taste! The accompanying wine flight was also perfect. Taking the idea of the chef's table to the extreme - the sense of quiet theatre added to the whole experience. The team seemed to enjoy themselves and showed amazing attention to detail which was fascinating to watch. Worth a special trip.

• Visited October 2012

Faversham, United Kingdom
“Unique”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A relaxed atmospher, with great food. You sit in the kitchens, pretty much, and are encouraged to talk to the chefs about the food. We had the tasting menu, and were not disappointed. We will definately be going back again!

Visited November 2011
Crawley
“Superb Service & Amazing Food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently treated my Husband to a lunch at this wonderful Michelin Star restaurant, where you literally sit in the kitchen watching very talented young men and women prepare the most amazing food. The flavours and textures were so balanced, and the presentation took your breath away.

We enjoyed a five course gourmet lunch for £35ph plus our drinks. My husband took the wine flight and the waiter showed real passion and knowledge of the wines chosen for each dish. A truly lovely experience, and will definitely be going back. Due to popularity you will need to book well in advance for a weekend but we went on a Thursday lunchtime and had no problem getting in.

• Visited October 2012
Hants
“The best meal I have ever had”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch at the Pass to celebrate my birthday. Lovely small restaurant, makes you feel like you are being personally cooked for. Being able to see the kitchen at work was an added bonus. We went for the Pass Experience and having eaten at several Michelin starred restaurants I can honestly say this was the best meal I have ever had. The onion foam was so amazing that I wanted to stop and get over the experience before I ate anything more. Flavours just burst in the mouth. And then there were the scallops with granola and cauliflower cheese. Stunning. And the trout which just melted in your mouth with carrots pickled in rowanberry- incredible flavour. The apple sorbet just exploded in the mouth and the pickled apple with the cheese was beautiful. It was all so beautiful it brought me close to gastronomic tears. Service was excellent. When I am 96 and in my rocking chair I will remember this day as one of the best experiences ever.

2 Thank gingerhants
sussex
“Celebration meal as a couple”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

What can I say! Excellent from the moment we stepped out of our taxi and were greeted by the doorman. Lovely to be able to sit outside on the terrace to enjoy a drink before our meal. Great atmosphere, not at all stuffy. Absolutely superb food accompanied by equally superb wines chosen for us by their very knowledgeable sommelier. Rounded off by coffee in the lounge and a box of chocolates for us.

Visited May 2012