“Great experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I belong to a lunch club in West Sussex who's aim is to give members a different dining experience, value for money, good service and most importantly, good food. Having just had lunch at Vardar in Littlehampton I feel that all four points were met and exceeded. Sadly the pictures online of the restaurant do not do it justice, it looks 'tired' and probably if the lunch had not been pre-booked I would not have gone - thank goodness I did as the dining experience was really first class. The staff were friendly, the service quick and courteous, the food arrived piping hot on hot plates (not something that often happens these days) and the vegetables silver serviced with efficiency - another unexpected bonus! The food I tasted was wonderful - chicken and ham pie - home made, thick chunks of meat and a very lovely crust. One of the diners had requested her food to be gluten free and this was attended to with comments of 'excellent' coming from her! We had a set menu with three choices of each course, brilliant - I definately will be back to taste from the a la carte menu!

2 Thank sharjahsuzy

Essex
“There for wedding reception”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Passable is all I can say. Have eaten here about a year ago and it was very good. I didn't pay as it was a wedding, but there was no salad stuff.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Welcoming with delicious food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Warm welcome and excellent service. Food delicious, plenty of choice, great atmosphere. Catered for 3 vegans in our party beautifully, so much choice we didn't know where to start.

3 Thank Nmw2014
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Good food beautifully served”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Silver service with a smile, little extras making a meal taken here a lovely experience. This restaurant is rightly a busy venue for many local people and booking a table is important.
Good to have such a pleasant place to eat on our doorstep.
I have never had room to try the sweet trolley yet, but it looks great.
Nice garden outlook at the back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank expattwo
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly service and good food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My small company had their Christmas meal here. Another business had pulled out a couple of days before leaving the restaurant empty apart from the 13 of us and two ladies, The restaurant had contacted us to ensure we still wanted to come and we opted to do so. We expected to find there would be no party atmosphere but the staff made us so welcome we soon were all enjoying a great get together.

The evening began in the small bar adjoining the restaurant which was a great place to meet up. There is a club / bar in the same building which was busy and we were told we were welcome to use if we preferred (same prices) but we stayed in the restaurant bar.

Meals were pre-ordered and everyone received the meal they had chosen.

The Christmas menu starters included a generous portion of prawn cocktail, or pate with toast and salad, or broccoli and stilton soup. All were very nicely prepared, cooked and presented,

Most of us opted for the traditional turkey dinner with the others choosing Lamb shank. Plates (lovely and hot) were brought to you and your meat served followed by a selection of veg. Some of us asked not to have sprouts and. unlike a previous revier's experience, there was no problem with that. All the food was perfectly cooked.

Whilst the meal was being served I ordered a drink expecting it to arrive once everyone had been served but it seemed to arrive almost immediately.

Sweets. Those who chose the Chocolate truffle seemed a little disappointed with the taste. My "sherry trifle gateaux" was delicious but one of my collegues thought there was a little too much sponge involved. However it was called a gateaux, not a sherry trifle - and I like the sponge!

Staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

When we had finished our meal we were invited to go into the club which had become quiet with only a very few people left. We played pool and stayed until well after midnight but never felt pressured to leave,

A great place for our small company Christmas meal.

• Visited December 2013