“The most interesting cafe in the UK?”
Review of East Beach Cafe

East Beach Cafe
Ranked #17 of 95 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Right on the beach with spectacular views and a relaxed atmosphere we serve uncomplicated and fresh seafood made from the very best ingredients in an iconic award winning building. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner inside the cafe and offer take out from our kiosk on the end of the building. We recommend booking a table, you can do this by emailing or calling us at the cafe.
Ascot
“The most interesting cafe in the UK?”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I actually went to Littlehampton rather than any of the other south coast seaside towns because I'd seen this cafe, and I wasn't disappointed.

The design was as interesting as the photos suggested, and presented some good photo opportunities. (Though, given the weather here in the UK this Jan/Feb, I was extremely lucky to pick a sunny day).

The food was good, certainly above what you'd traditionally think of as cafe quality. Prices were also a little above cafe prices, but in keeping with the quality.

I actually stopped for coffee and a cake, then later returned for a quick lunch. The inside was cosy and warm despite it being a very chilly and windy day, and getting a window seat just made the experience as good as you could expect!

Will definitely return if I'm in the area again, but I suspect, given that it was over half full in winter, that it'll be totally full in the summer.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Simon J

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location...”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

When people come to visit me I like to take them to East Beach Cafe because no matter what the weather it shows the best of Littlehampton. With a perfect view of Littlehampton beach and some really interesting architecture it's a destination cafe. The menu offers fancy fish and chips, burgers, ribs, or seafood pasta, fish pie and daily specials. It also often sources its products locally. Most recently my pal and I shared a delicious Sussex blue cheese and red onion tart before I had the falling off the bone tasty ribs, and she the huge succulent burger. All good. I can also recommend the breakfast which on a Sunday is a favourite of my husband and I. It is more expensive than a regular sea side cafe - but that's because it is far from regular. Well worth a visit.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Satisfied all expectations”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Visited previously in 2013. Decided on spur of moment to visit for lunch today. Whilst not large menus the selection available was good and quality of both courses was great, particularly the fish and chips. Within 30 mins of our arrival circa 30 diners and from comments heard all appeared happy. Service was speedy and polite.

Previously submitted under heading of East Preston Cafe, which was incorrect title.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful fish and chips.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Had lunch here recently. The fish and chips were superb, lovely fresh fish and very light batter. I certainly couldn't fault the food or service, but only four stars as the tables were just too close together for comfort.

Sussex
“A great breakfast”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had a superb breakfast this morning with attentive service. I'm not sure what people are looking for when I read the reviews of this cafe. We had fresh well cooked food which arrived promptly. The mushrooms were scrumptious. The staff were friendly, well informed about the ingredients and had time to chat without leaving anyone waiting. Dishes that we saw heading to other diners looked equally interesting and we both want to go back to enjoy the rest of the menu.

1 Thank SLP57