“Everything Fabulous!”

Silk Road Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Turkish Mediterranean 80-seater Restaurant in West sussex with flamboyant and theatrical decor, authentically prepared cuisine and a weekly programme of live entertainment including belly dancers, dj hosted party nights, Latin, acoustic, and gypsy jazz as well as funky soul bands, table magicians etc.
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is freshly cooked with good-quality ingredients and the menu is packed with delicious treats. I've never been to a restaurant so ornately designed and decorated with such detail and care. The food is served on what looks like the family's best china, which made us feel welcome as though we were in their home rather than a restaurant. Everything is done with the most incredible attention to detail and its obvious they love their place and the people in it. I'd highly recommend for the food, the service, the decor and the overall delight in experiencing something completely different. Going back soon with girlfriends for a fun night out!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I and 2 friends had a great meal at this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. There was a warm welcome on arrival and friendly service throughout the meal. The food was good; tasty, authentic Turkish and different. I love this restaurant bexcause of its decor and ambience - there's a cosy, exotic feel to it.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went with friends to celebrate a major birthday! The food was fantastic and the ambience excellent. The manager was friendliness personified and nothing appeared too much trouble. Regretfully we don't live nearby so will only be able to visit irregularly. Our friends tell us that the live music nights are particularly good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After reading great reviews and making a booking for 8 people on a Sat night we arrived at an almost empty restaurant and were left sitting at our table for 10 to 15 mins before being asked about drinks.
It appeared to be only the owner attending tables so obviously a staffing problem. However, it certainly wasn't busy. It would have been more appropriate for the owner to say she was understaffed but she was quite unwelcoming from the off, even though myself and group were very accommodating and pleasant! When starters finally arrived about 30mins later only 2 of our party thought it 'ok'. Mine was like rubbery cardboard. I was SO embarrased for everyone..... I certainly didn't want to cause a scene. Anyway, I'm not the type!!
Main meal was even worse. I could only eat a couple of bites of my burnt, dry chicken. I felt like crying it was SOOOO embarrasing but my friends were all great and laughed it off.
Ok, the owner obviously had problems this night but she was an absolute misery and was extremely lucky we were a nice, polite group of people! She could have phoned me , before , and cancelled my booking. Instead I had a deadful Birthday meal.
We certainly won't be recommending The Silk Road to anyone!!!

1  Thank jsouthfield1
SRRestaurant, Owner at Silk Road Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Ms. Southfield, I have just noticed your review and have chosen to reply to you straight away. There are times in catering where you just have to hold your hands up and say 'that was a difficult night' and yours was one of them. I was suddenly presented with a situation out of my control, and had no choice but to try and deal with it, in the middle of which i badly cut my finger! I can only apologise for spoiling your birthday evening and you are quite correct in all you say. I am unable to recompense your group as the event has now passed. Please accept my apologies and perhaps one day, you may consider giving us another try - at which time, I will do my level best to make it up to you. All the best, Teresa

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went again last evening for the Jazz Night with friends, food excellent as always as is the atmosphere and service.