“The best child-friendly eaterie Littlehampton”
Review of Putting Green Cafe

Putting Green Cafe
Ranked #57 of 96 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This place rocks! they are incredibly child friendly...which if you have kids, you know how important that can be!!
Plenty of space for buggies and the staff bend over backwards to help. I have a very fussy eater and they offered to make something that wasn't on the menu just for him. Amazing! he felt so special. Thank you so much Putting Green Cafe. x

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were out walking on a sunny afternoon during the summer and stumbled across this cafe, it's set just a short stroll from the seafront and near the childrens railway. We saw a sign for a jug of Pimms for £10 and were hooked in... the Pimms was delicious and we decided to stay and eat as the menu looked tempting. We werent dissappointed. Since then we have visited on several occasions for breakfasts, lunches, a film night or simply a coffee. We have always experienced a warm friendly welcome from the staff. The food is of a very good standard and in my opinion very reasonably priced. I am a vegetarian and there is always a good choice on the menu.

Highly recommended

1  Thank ChezzieK
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'd driven past the Putting Green Cafe several times but, as I'm not particularly into putting, I'd never given a thought to spoending any time there. A friend of mine, though, suggested we go to one of their film weekly nights to see 'The Life Aquatic', which I'd never seen, so off we went.

At first glance, I decided that it looked and felt like a typical English seaside cafe - until I looked at the gorgeous artwork on the walls, scrutinised the menu and checked out the other guests, when I realised that a lot of thought and feeling had been put into creating a rather special place and that it attracted like-minded spirits.

You know those menus when you want to eat every single item on it? And those restaurants where you want to get to know everyone who's dining there? That's the thing. The owners, Clara and Nick, had invested time, money and passion into creating a really chilled environment and atmosphere.

I won't go into details aboiut what I ate, as I'm slightly ashamed that I ate quite so much. I won;t mention the fact that, having devoured a delicious steak and salad, I was tempted into ordering and a mouth-wateringly delicious pudding of the death-by-chocolate variety.

My friend and I had a fabulous evening. The film was wonderful. The food just right for the occasion and I left having made new friends.

What more can one ask for?

1  Thank R1eo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Despite visiting on a pretty busy autumn day the staff were efficient and welcoming. Just had liquid refreshment as I'm counting the pro points but noticed some healthy options being served so will happily return when hungrier! The ambience of the place is smart and trendy. Great place.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

What a little gem of a cafe. We were trapped inside during a freak storm and couldn't think of a better place to be trapped. The food is wonderfully presented and extremely tasty. They were happy to cater for my fussy eater too.
Couldn't recommend this place highly enough for a meal or simply for coffee and cake after a lovely walk along the seafront!