“Never again”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been eating Indian for the last 40 years. I had a takeaway on new years day (Eve) Dansak it was the worst indian I'VE EVER HAD. the sauce was so thick and the chicken looked as if it had been pre-cooked and just added, the onion bhaji and garlic nan were greasy and all had to be warmed up in the oven as it arrived tepid! Couldn't eat it and was thrown in the bin!

Best Indian around is Shafiques in Goring road, Always a good meal there.

1  Thank carolinegreaves

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had another great meal here between Christmas and New Year. It seemed a little quieter than usual for a Friday night but being a holiday week for most people im sure other nights would have been busier than normal. We had reserved a table so got straight in, and not being so busy the waiters had a little more time for you and were a little more attentive than previous visits. Food and drinks were all great, meals cooked beautifully as always, drinks topped up as required.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I dont think it quite lives up to the hype but its a nice place to go. I think it probably depends what you order . Keeps all the old favourites off the menu but they do do them ,you just have to ask. Service was good with freindly staff . Its allways difficult to rate indian restaurants as i think everyone has their own opinion on how a certain dish should be, so like i said worth a try, you may love it.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice food and very friendly staff. The food is also reasonably priced. The indoor decore is very modern and welcoming, great place for couples to date.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

After seeing all the fantastic reviews online my boyfriend and I decided it was time to give this place a try a couple of weeks back now. I had high expectations on this place and thought I was in for a classy dined meal.

We went in on the weekend evening and it was very busy with a rushed manic atmosphere; not quite the romantic dinner I had planned! Yes the staff were polite but wasn't as efficient with clearing our plates and checking our meals were all okay.

The reviews gave us the impression the meals were on the large side so we went straight in for just main courses with a variety of dishes to get inside into what we thought was 'top class' food. The rice was dry as though it had been reheated and dried out; the curry included far too much sauce that you couldn’t find anything else, flavour wasn't too bad though.

Not sure what all this hype is over but I’ve defiantly had better in the local area! But thanks for the complimentary drink, that was nice.