“The place to go for a bad haircut!”
Review of The Spa In Lancing

The Spa In Lancing
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Lancing
More attraction details
Owner description: At The Spa, we aim to bring you Affordable Luxury, so whether its a Fish Pedicure, a Soothing Massage or Wash Cut and Blow Dry we have a price to fit every budget. Whether you would like to treat yourself, come along with a friend and relax together or to arrange a private function for a birthday or hen party we can pamper you from head to toe. We not only provide an affordable service but one with genuine smiles and care. Relax in the spa surroundings in the knowledge you will always be well looked after by all the staff!
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I booked for the pamper package of haircut with intensive conditioning treatment and fish spa. When we arrived last Saturday, we were asked as to which of us would like to go first for the haircut. Thinking that one would have the haircut whilst the other had the fish spa I offered to go first as my hair is more unmanageable. The 'intensive' conditioning treatment was a 30 second massage. I asked for a trim and for the weight to be taken off the back. Anyway, my friend was left to sit and wait. After 37 minutes she was offered a cup of tea. At this point my haircut was finished (I was not shown the back of my head to see what it looked like). I was not offered a beverage in the whole hour and a half that we were there. My friend then had her hair shampooed, intensely conditioned, dried and trimmed all in 10 mins. Her hair comes down to the small of her back. We then had the fish spa which was fine. When I got home I got to see the back of my hair to find my layers had been hacked. They do not blend in at all with the rest of my hair. I have got to pay out again to have my layers corrected and until that appointment (which is sometime given the time of year), I have to wear my hair in a bun to hide it. The intensive conditioning treatment also left both of us with very dry hair. I absolutely would not recommend this place to anyone. My friend complained the same day but as yet we have received no response.

2  Thank 123Amy81
Anna M, Owner at The Spa In Lancing, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I have spoken to one of your party regarding this - before this comment was left and have taken the matter further with the staff following the guidelines of our complaints proceedure as your experience is not at all what The Spa - In Lancing strives to offer on a daily basis - with every customer. Thank you for your feedback - please do not hesitate to contact me directly with anything further or took book a secondary treatment on our pricelist as a gesture.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having just visited The Spa in lancing, I have to say that me and my mum have never been to such a poorly organised and unprofessional salon. On arrival, Anna was very welcoming but was waiting for the massuese to arrive from somewhere else (having already cancelled our appointments the day before). The massuese arrived, looking hot and bothered. When called in for my massage she told me that she was rushing around and that she was essentially on her break from where she worked next door. She then said " so I shall have to rush this...but don't worry it will be good!" Needless to say this didn't really make me feel relaxed for my massage!! Then to top it off instead of getting 30 mins as booked, I got 15!! My mum then went in to have a facial but was also told similar things about being rushed and that she would start the facial and someone else would finish it as she only has half an hour for her break! It baffles me how they assumed they would fit in 50 mins of treatments in a half an hour break! My mum declined the treatment as was now not really in the mood! We definitely will not be going back to this spa.

2  Thank Hannah1284
Anna M, Owner at The Spa In Lancing, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback Hannah. I will be taking this issue further into feedback to our masseuse. Our policy, signed by every client, fully states that if you are not satisfied with your treatment we will not hesitate to offer a secondary appointment at no cost. We would appreciate feedback in person at the time of the appointment in order to rectify the situation as soon as possible. On rebooking your mothers facial appointment - an upgrade treatment was offered at no extra cost - even though no dissatisfaction had been expressed by yourselves at this point. We would be happy to offer an upgraded secondary treatment free of charge at your convinience if you would like to get in contact with our reception.
Many Thanks

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great service in a friendly atmosphere.

I used to go for regular fish pedicures with my wife and found the staff to be friendly and efficient and the treatments to be fairly well priced.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed June 9, 2012

After visiting The Spa today i had to write a review! I've never been to such a clean, caring and realxing spa and it's one of the best pedicure's i've ever had too. From the moment myself, my mum and sister walked through the door and were warmly greeted by Anna, the business owner we were put at ease. Overall we were at the spa for just over 3 hours as Anna dealt with us all (2 luxuxry manicures and luxury pedicure) in the absence of her other beautician. She took time and did a most through treatment making sure we were happy the whole time. I also don't think i've ever been to such a clean spa, the garra rufa fish they use in the tanks were content and the whole place was spotless throughout! And the prices - the luxury mansi were £20 each and the pedi was £25, all of which lasted 75 mins (in comparison Nails Inc 'Heavenly Hands' manicure lasts 30 mins and will leave you £38 out of pocket!).
I can't wait to return here and will definatly be trying their hair services and eyelash extensions next! Thankyou to all the staff for such an enjoyable morning :)

1  Thank MissRubyJewels
Anna M, Owner at The Spa In Lancing, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments :-) It was so great to have all 3 of you lovely ladies with me on Saturday morning, especially as you mentioned, in the absence of our regular beautician! It was great to get to know you all and am so pleased you enjoyed yourselves, the treatments and the surroundings :-)
Look forward to seeing you all again very soon!!
Anna

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I come from Finland and the average price of a pedicure is 60 Euros for 45 minutes. As an exchange student its really important that I spend my parents money wisely. I have been here a few times but the last time I had a 1 hour fish spa and manicure and bought two creams and still had some change left over.

I enjoy the fish spa the most because it is so relaxing especially after 1 hour my feet soft like a baby.

I am going to have a massage before I go back to Finland. I really like this place :)