“Nice meal...again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Lancing
Cuisines: Brew Pub, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving up its specially selected menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, Seasonal salads and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Hove, East Sussex
“Nice meal...again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was really surprised to read some pretty poor reviews on here. We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and have always had a decent meal. We saw the reviews recently so weren't sure what to expect this week but pleased to say that our meal was really good and the service the same.
There were 6 of us and although meals are a bit more expensive than most pub menu's, it wasn't bad and all the meals were good quality and really tasty. The steaks we ordered were cooked exactly as we requested and were nice & juicy with a rich steak sauce.
Overall, decent menu, well cooked food, polite service and somewhere we will go back to and recommend to friends.

• Visited September 2013

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

.. but not outstanding. Lunched on a Saturday in August that steadily became busier as the afternoon progressed. A pleasant table, complimented by an equally pleasant server and given adequate time to choose from the menu.

Prices are not particularly cheap from the main menu, although there is a cheaper alternative available some days until 17:00. Not convinced that the main menu prices reflect the food or the ambience!

A mistake by the staff of serving one of our main courses with butter, when specifically stated that one of our party had a dairy intolerance was very quickly rectified and the steak replaced entirely with good thinking and response by the server.

All in all the food was adequate, well presented and perfectly edible, but I would suggest 20% overpriced. I would expect these prices in London, not Lancing!

Would we visit again? Yes, but there are many other restaurants in the area to visit as well.

10 Thank Kev M
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I recently went here for dinner. Very nicely presented bar, we had booked a table and were offered a seat in the conservatory. Only issue with this is that people constantly walk through to get to the garden so not very quiet but I supposed it is to be expected!

For starters we chose Scallops (very nice) and Nachos (nice but could have done with the sauces on the side and not totally covering the nachos)

Our steaks were great, it is unusual to have a steak cooked exactly how you ask for it, not quite sure about the lettuce leaf but chips and onion loafs are great!

I found the desserts to be somewhat limited but we went for brownie and banoffee pie. The brownie was good just very filling, the toffee in the banoffee was very hard which wasn't good.

Overall a very nice evening, could have been better if the noise from pub customers wasnt there but that was our fault for sitting where we did, an if I am to be picky, the waitress checked back on our mains when we were nearly finished!

Will definately go back

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Happy Anniversary.............i think not !!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and i chose this restaurant for our 1st wedding anniversary......why oh why did we bother.
On arrival the place seemed to be very good and although quite a few diners not overly busy.
We were seated quickly and offered the drinks menu and food menu. We had to light the table candle ourselves then ordered a bottle of wine and seemed to be rushed about choosing our meal. while my wife was about to order the waitress said "one minute" and went off to have a chat with a colleague. Upon her return my wife managed to order her starter and said we would be sharing the chataubriand steak. With this the waitress took off only to come back a couple of minutes later to ask if i would like a starter. Well not as an afterthought i didnt. My wife had her starter of prawn cocktail....i think they had just pulled them out of the atlantic they were that cold. When the main arrived the table didn't seem to be adequate to house everything. We shared the steak and i got the half which can only be described as leather and sinew. I complained about this and asked to see the manageress. I explained about the poor quality to which she replied that other customers were happy with theirs. I was very happy for them. She went off to talk to the chef came back and informed me the steak had not been allowed to warm to room temperature before cooking or rested long enough after cooking.........why send it out then ...the mind boggles. Iwas offered an alternative but i had somehow lost my appetite. We were only charged for the wine and needless to say will not be returning. Oh and the big wedge of lettuce........now thats something else !!!!!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
36 Thank Steve T
Lancing, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I only moved to Lancing at the tail end of last year but already taken a good few trips to Miller & Carter.
It is a fab place to eat with terrific food, service and with a great atmosphere.
Whether its for a special occasion or just a family or friend catch, its the best place to eat in Lancing.