“much improved”

Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Lancing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving up its specially selected menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, Seasonal salads and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice to see an improvement, service and quality always better when manageress on the floor. Menu seems to be reduced but food and service vastly improved since last visit

1  Thank john h

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went for my partners birthday as he fancied a T Bone steak, but they didn';t have any and Ive since hard from another couple that wanted same and they didn't have them that night either.

Starters I had was Prawn Cocktail but it was hot and spicy which I didn't like. We then both had fillet steak which was okish, I would have expected for price of £21.95 to have it melt in mouth, but Ive had nicer fillet steak in pubs.

Cant say Id go again to be honest, for the amount it cost I prefer The Old Tollgate food.

13  Thank gill w
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to this restaurant with my husband and another couple for my birthday,a freezing cold Tuesday night.The man who greeted us said that he remembered our friends making the booking but had forgotten to book us a table.One of our friends is in a wheelchair(explained at the time of booking)and as some of the tables are down a few stairs,we didn't have much option where we sat.The table we were shown to was in line with the front door and as there is no porch of any type,every time the door opened(there was a large party arriving in dribs and drabs),the icy wind blew in.We moved ourselves to the only other free table,near a large,noisy,family group,so we moved our table 2 feet to the left.,A waitress came to take the drinks order and was most annoyed that we had moved a table.We explained about the cold wind through the front door to which she replied that there was nothing she could do about that...which was pretty obvious.She then explained THREE TIMES that she might have to move one of our chairs iF staff needed to get past,to which we 3 times agreed.By this time she was really spoiling our meeting our friends.After quite a while she took our order but was clearly quite cross when we hadn't grasped all the small print on the menu about various options etc and wasn't really in the mood to explain them to us.After a wait of 40 minutes,the food arrived, when she told us that the food was seasoned and we should try it before adding anything.As there wasn't any salt/pepper on the table,my friend asked for salt,and was reminded by her what she had just said before he insisted he wanted salt.Despite her being so very keen to be vocal,no-one came to ask us if the food was alright,if we wanted any more drinks or bade us farewell or thanked us when we left.The food was nice enough although the 2 steaks were not the best cuts of meat ..overall a :nice"meal.But the waitress needs to be less bossy,humour guests who are too busy chatting to read all the small print(choice of potato,salad dressing etc) and staff generally need to ask if all ok and say goodbye at the end of the evening.Having been a waitress for many years,I would advise het to bite her lip and smile..or think about a career change.

9  Thank angela c
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband is a fussy eater but he said that this was the best steak ever!! We have now visited The Miller and Carter twice and they have not disappointed on either meal. The service has been great both times and we are looking to book my partners birthday here too... If you enjoy a bit more than just a bit of pub grub then this is the restaurant to visit.

1  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent all me dole money takin me boyfriend toi this sh***ole, an was still hungry! fink I'll stick to Harvester from nowe un!!!

53  Thank Ellie F