“Food OK but service poor”
Review of Tai Kar Restaurant

Tai Kar Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Food OK but service poor”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The four of us went to the Tai Kar last night and ordered the all-you-can eat menu. The food was of reasonable standard though not of spectacularly high quality. However, some of the staff were rather abrupt - especially when we asked for a glass of flat coke to be replaced. It was quickly replaced, but with another glass of flat coke served at room temperature, with no ice and with no apology for the first glass having been flat..

We were full when we left, as you might expect, but no more so than we would have been had we ordered a normal set menu, so the all-you-can-eat thing is for us more a gimmick than anything else. It's also accompanied by stern warnings that a supplement will be applied if food is left uneaten.

I can't see us returning.

• Visited April 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, great price”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been coming here for about 7 years with my husband and a couple of times with my family. The all you can eat menu is good with lots of choice, it is no more expensive then other chineses and cheaper then the one opposite. I would probably avoid eating in from about 7 pm onwards on a Fri or Sat night as they cannot seem to cope well with take away orders and restaurant orders so there is often a long wait.

• Visited December 2013
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Absolutely terrible! Avoid at all costs!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We love a takeaway, and thought we would try somewhere new and we were extremely disappointed. I can normally eat anything but I really struggled to eat most of the food we got from here! The chicken chow mien was the only bareable thing! It is really overpriced too!!!!! Avoid at all costs!

• Visited January 2014
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Takeaway”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ordered a takeaway from Tai Kar spur of the moment and was not disappointed,me and my partner have previously tried a few takeaways in Haywards Heath, this is now our 'go to'. The quality of the food is superior to any others in HH and the staff are always friendly and happy to see us. Food's always ready on time, and not once have we been anything but completely satisfied with our order. Would wholly recommend, and good value for money too!

• Visited October 2013
West Sussex
“Food good but waiter very rude”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Have been eating here for a few years now. Found the food to be of a pretty good standard but the waiter serving us was extremely rude and lacking any personality.
A real shame as the restaurant is on my doorstep but IF I return I would certainly refuse to be served by the tall male waiter.

• Visited September 2013