“Gets 4 stars for the ambiance but pizza was a bit mean.”

Prezzo - Haywards Heath
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went on 22/1/2014 to use our Gourmet Society Card to this restaurant as since moving to this area had never gone to the Haywards Heath Prezzo. We walked in to a nice bright airy restaurant with a real open cooking area for the pizzas along with a open pizza oven ( powered by gas.) We were greeted nicely and shown a table which I thought looked two close to tables either side so we looked around and spotted one over by the pizza prep area. Our drinks order was taken quickly and we then also ordered our food when they came. No starters - as we cannot eat that much, so I order a Vesuvio and Nancy ordered a Calzone with beef and chicken and cheese as she loved the last one at Prezzo Midhurst ( see reviews) WE watched our food being prepared as we were 1m away. I watched the man bring out a huge pot of beef and chicken and cheeze, and fold it into the Dough, and make a pretty croissant / crab shape and then put it in the oven. About 10 minutes later the feasts arrived and looked good. Nancy said hers was crammed with meat and I tasted its unctuous, gooey deliciousness. My pizzas was thin and crispy but I thought the amount of cheese and pepperoni was a little mean for nearly £12 and I ate it in unimpressed silence. Yes, it was hot. Yes it was nice but not as nice as I have had before . Cheese really does not cost that much in bulk and I fail to see why they cannot be a bit more generous with the tomato sauce and cheese and pepperoni, as I have had more on a supermarket pizza. We had a dish of broccoli and green beans which was was lovely, to get a bit of goodness inside us although Nancy's calzone came with a nice side salad on the plate. I had dithered about going for a pasta dish or a pizza, and if the pizzas are going to be so miserable here then I might have to change. So I have given it average as for £12 I consider my pizza was poor but would have given it 5 stars based on Nancy's Calzone. It's a shame the wine is so massively overpriced. When will these chains realise that we'll happily pay £9.95 for a bottlaplonk which they can buy for £2 but in this instance I bought one beer for £3.80 However, the saving grace was that the atmosphere is clean and funky albeit tables squashed together to maximise profit. Having seen the proximity of other diners, this is definitely not the place for romantic, smoochy dining and talking about sweet nothings or what you want to do with your partner. We were lucky as we were the end table along a line and alongside the food prep area, but others were not so lucky. Purely because we used a Gourmet Society Card to get 2 Main Courses for the price of 1 it gets 5 stars on value as food became £6 a head on mains, not our sides or drinks. I know there are other vouchers eg Daily Telegraph out there aswell.

There are newer reviews for Prezzo - Haywards Heath

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have always had good service here, there are often lots of money off deals available so the price is very reasonable. Have been many times.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Not a patch on when the previous team ran this restaurant. Very disappointed, we booked well in advance with £5 per head deposit for a midday table, the restaurant was not full, yet we were one of the last to be served, only 12 of us for work/ friends Christmas lunch. One main course was forgotten, 1 was cold and 3 had nit all ingredients as stated on menu, waitress service was not up to much at all. We ended up with a fair amount off our bill. Such a shame as this use to be a good restaurant, it is run by different staff now and just not up to the same standard as before.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My fiance and I received a voucher for Prezzo, so we thought we would use it yesterday (Nov 5th) before walking to Lindfield for the fireworks. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a lovely waitress who showed us to our seats and explained that certain items on the menu could not be used with the voucher. It's a good job we mentioned the voucher.
The food was delicious and the service fast, which you would expect when we were one of only three couples there. After the mains, pizza for me and a chicken pasta dish for my fiance, we had and shared a honeycomb cheesecake, which was amazing.
Altogether a really good experience. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Not impressed with Gluten free choice. No starter, only Pizza For main meal, They said No desert to start then offered Ice Cream What a choice.Wont be going there again.