“Just excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jeremy's at Borde Hill

Jeremy's at Borde Hill
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

West Sussex is not exactly bursting with great places to eat in my view. However Jeremy's is the exception. The location is next to the Borde Hill Gardens, and the outdoor area and gardens of the restaurant are delightful. We had a drink on the terrace looking over the garden, but had dinner inside - with respect for the wonderful English climate.

So - the service was well informed, friendly and professional. The food was terrific - even managing to cope with my wife's rather inconvenient garlic allergy without batting an eyelid - in contrast with some places in France where announcing this fact generally produces the kind of reaction one might have expected if we had suggested an Englishmen be president of the EU.

Anyway - I digress. This restaurant is first class and well worth travelling to if staying in Brighton etc. As an aside during the day, attached to the main restaurant is Elvira's - which does a great breakfast, and fantastic scones for afternoon tea and is a very significant step up from the average cafe.... I have become rather addicted to going there for breakfast if I am working from home to have an outing! Lunch is probably excellent - but I have not had lunch there so cannot comment.

In summary - try Jeremy's.... it is Michelin star quality service and food but is not Michelin star pompous. Very suitable for a romantic meal on the terrace, a group or business dinner.

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location and good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Me and my brother and Mum and Dad recently went to Jeremy's for my brothers 21st. It was a beautiful sunny evening and we were greeted very quickly and asked whether we wanted to sit inside or out, obviously we chose out. The gardens and the outdoor area are both lovely and the waiters were friendly and quick to come and take our orders. We ordered from the A La Carte menu and the food was good quality but I think it was little on the expensive side even though it was very good. The portion size was quite small, but I think that is becuase of the fact it is 'fine dining'? The food was very tasty I had the milk fed lamb for main and the pea puree and gnocci potato was delicious. The only thing I didnt like with the meals is that they came with flowers on top which I thought were a bit much for each meal. Maybe on the dessert but not for the main or starter! I would definitely come back here but again only for special occasions as I think the bill was fairly expensive for the amount of food we ate. Definitely worth a try and the gardens and staff were very good and friendly.

2 Thank Fay M
Bridport, United Kingdom
“First class food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food is michelin star quality and it rightly scores highly in the GFG. Attentive service that is friendly without being over familiar. Fair prices for what is on offer. A lovely outdoor setting is an added bonus for those lucky enough to go on a warm summer's evening.
Very well executed a real find!

sussex
“sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

First visit at Jeremy's lovely gardens on a summer days food above average service good but portions were not very big ,felt hungry when we left .

Prices were the very top end for Sunday lunch and also wine .

Would return again for very special occasions only.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Great flavours.... but not enough of it. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm deeply embarrassed to admit that I write this review as I tuck into a fried egg sandwich, just a couple of hours after dining at Jeremy's. I have few complaints about the quality of cooking. My squid starter was delicious and the venison perfectly cooked (if a little overpowered by lavender and annis). But where was the substance? I'm not a piglet but the venison main course was just a smear of three small slices across the plate. Admittedly, a very pretty smear. Thank goodness for the cheese board. The wines were sumptuous - a rarely found Lugana and a robust, Portuguese Douro Reserva.
But please give us some substance over style.... Then all would be perfect.