“Very good food and great service”

Jeremy's at Borde Hill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Spent a few very happy hours here at a friends wedding. The wedding breakfast was 7 courses and every on e a gem. Considering they were catering for about 50 people, the attention to detail was amazing. I will return.

2  Thank RoaringBear

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Invited as a guest for a birthday gathering of around 50 people. Lovely grounds and the room was very charming although a bit of a squeeze. The weather was glorious so the patio area was made good use of. There was no choice on the menu front however the food was very good if a little 'out of season' in my opinion. The starter was very tasty (cheese mouse) and on the face of it if I did have a choice I most probably would not have chosen it however it was very good and extremely light. Main was basically a roast of rib eye beef with all the trimmings which was tasty as well however given it was 23 degrees C outside it was too heavy for me. Similarly for the desert which was sticky toffee pudding with caramel ice cream - absolutely delicious - but I would expect to find such a dish more on a winter menu? I appreciate the menu was chosen by the hosts and may have been subject to a budget but a lighter option would have been better given the time of year. Service was very good and friendly throughout. A very good venue for a sit down lunch/dinner party and I have heard very good things about the restaurant from the locals. I would like to return to sample the occasion on a small scale.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Dear All at Jeramys,

Unexpectedly we have talked all the way through our meal today and all the way home about the quality and standrad you have achieved here! We were both completely bowled over by it from start to finish 'what a treat'!

Firstly I had to call and say we would be late for our booking to which you were very accomodating..!

To then be greated with a no rush aproach and asked if we would like to have a drink at the bar first or go straight to our table was most welcome as we had had an extremly hectic start to the day and totally helped us to unwind and relax.. from that moment on we were comletly taken care of and able to enjoy every moment of an extremly pleasurable dining expierience.. to most definatly to be repeated on a regular basis!

Living locally myself and not having a huge choice of great places to eat that are 'inovative and differant' Jeramys has really hit the spot! Amazing food, fantastic service and relaxed chic suroundings..! Absoulutly 10/10 and now top of my list for the south of England!

This really is a hidden gem and one I am loathed to share as I need to be able to book but definatly should be first on the map!!

Selma

4  Thank Selma M
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Jeremy's 4 times in the last year and it has always been excellent, the food is very good as is the service. A very good restaurant especially if you are celebrating something special.

1  Thank VisitingFromSussex
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My partner and I visit Jeremy's now and then for special occasions and I have the odd business lunch there if I want to push the boat out.

Our experience on our anniversary was reinforcement that Jeremy's is the best restaurant for miles!

We were warmly welcomed back, lovely nibbles presented and just a smooth and professional service.

It was a busy evening but some how they managed to keep us feeling very special and as if nothing was too much trouble.

We both had the Duck starter which was delicious and then I moved onto the steak. Now this is fine dining so I was not expecting a large slab of meat, what I did expect was an exquisite piece of fillet and this is precisely what I got and it met my expectations.

I had the cheese selection for desert, again exquisite selection of interesting cheese.

We were recommended a wine for each dish by the sommelier and each one was perfect for the dish.

A week or so later, I had a lunch meeting at Jeremy's for myself and 6 others and again they didn't miss a trick or disappoint me one bit.

We will be back soon, the menu changes regularly, so there is usually something new to try out.