“Simply the best”

Jeremy's at Borde Hill
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Jermey's is a hidden gem, me and my family found this restaurant while wondering round haywards heath! and i must say iam glad to have found it ! it has beautiful outdoor seating, service was excellent, and food was superb. after our meal the chef came out to check on all the tables, he also gave us a free loaf of home made walnut bread! which was very generous of him! over all i had an amazing time. I would definitely recommend this restaurant !

Sussex UK
“Great place - isn't it about time they took on-line bookings?”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I go here often and don't get me wrong its a great place (as my Excellent rating will show) but there are a few things I wish they would change.
Firstly this is 2013 so why cant you book online?
Secondly why do they hardly ever seem to have steak on the menu (there always seems to be plenty of lamb...)
My only other moans would be the occasional lack of space when its busy and they try to pack you in and also the slightly uncomfortable weird plastic chairs out the back on the terrace (which are no good for larger gents!)

Now it would only be fair to follow up with some positives
Firstly the bread, its homemade and absolutely fantastic (and keeps coming too)
If its a sunny evening, there is nothing better than a nice glass of Champagne on the terrace at the back (ahh heaven!)
Lastly the presentation of the food and use of edible flowers and herbs to decorate the plates is always wonderful.
Anyway see you soon guys and keep up the good work!!

London, United Kingdom
“Just a little disappointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had only previously visited this venue once about 3 years ago as part of a wedding party. It's an excellent venue for such an event in every way, food, location,surrounding all excellent. So I was very much looking forward to having a meal there with friends recently.

It's a very lovely location with great areas to eat and drink both inside and out. We were given a very nice greeting by I think the owners and taken to a table on the restaurant veranda which is very nice indeed.

The menu was very good with just about the right amount of choice. I could have picked any of it. I always try and go for local dishes if I can, so I selected a rabbit dish to start with and local lamb main course, albeit in a kind of Moroccan style.

I found the rabbit a bit disappointing and the sauce somewhat strange. The lamb dish was very interesting and tasty but the lamb itself a little over cooked and tough.
We were recommended a French red which was excellent and very reasonably priced.
Service was very good and relaxing throughout.

I think it's decent value for money at about £50 per head (inc 3 bottles of wine) and overall it was a really nice experience. It was so close to being excellent but anything local should be 100% so thats a sin. I get the feeling if I went back another 5 times it would be 5* each time so I intend to do that.

If i lived locally i would no doubt use it all the time.

1 Thank Epicureously
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Great Ruby Wedding For David and Trudi Kluge”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I chose Jeremy's to celebrate our Ruby Wedding. With the help of Joanne we picked a superb three course menu for our 58 guests and each one of them were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the staff could not do enough for us. We have received thank you letters from most of our friends and family and all say what a brilliant time they had and what an amazing setting.
Many thanks to all at Borde Hill for making our day so special.

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After the surprise of being shown into the bar but not being asked for our drinks order, the service improved amazingly. Our waiter was (one of) Jeremy's sons and was very knowledgeable about the food and cooking method. The food was excellent throughout and our waiter's service was discreet but attentive; he was particularly helpful with choosing the dessert wine. I look forward to going back, next time we are in the area

Visited August 2013