“A welcome addition in Haywards Heath”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We're very pleased to announce that a brand new Thai restuarant in Haywards Heath will be joining the popular Lemongrass restaurant chain. From February 2014, we will be serving authentic Thai cuisine that will make your mouth water!
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This restaurant had been open less than three weeks when we went there and there were still a few finishing touches to complete, such as the lines drawn on the wall behind the bar which must indicate where the shelves will go. The service was very friendly and the food very tasty, and the portions more than sufficient. We are both vegetarian and we shared the vegetarian platter to start with, I had a soup and we each had a curry and rice and that was plenty. I would have liked to try the dessert but just didn't have the room. Our only quibble was about the oyster sauce listed as an ingredient in several of the 'vegetarian' dishes. Will definitely go again for the tasty food, and to see whether the shelves are up yet!

Lemongrass W, Manager at Lemongrass, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Management of Lemongrass Haywards Heath

There are newer reviews for Lemongrass

Reviewed March 22, 2014

As much as I would like to try this, they can't be bothered to answer the phone, so the service is obviously very poor. I'll stick with reliable and tasty Bangkok Brasserie in Burgess Hill!

3  Thank Allison L
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The service was attentive and friendly without being in the least bit overbearing. The atmosphere was a little quieter than I'm used to, but was charming for the quiet chatter of conversation... The food however is the real star of this restaurant... from start to finish, my meal was sublime.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was wandering around Hayward Heath when I randomly decided to stop at the Lemongrass.
I was a bit early, but they really nicely let me sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink.
The staff was very friendly and gave me good advise on the food which was very nice.
I often think Asian restaurant make too much food and it goes to waste, this was a perfect portion.
Definitely would go back!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have tried to order a Saturday night takeaway 3 times now since it's opening in February 2014. However, we have yet to have the phone answered and there is also no capability to order online.

I understand that early Saturday night is a busy time but not to answer the phone at all is surprising. Furthermore, going to the restaurant is also not guaranteed being served as we found out last week. After a 20minute wait at the door we were told that a wait of a further 90mins was likely.

Given the fact that this restaurant is part of a wider chain in Sussex, I would have thought such basic opening issues might have been ironed by now. However, they seem to be continuing with no noticeable improvement.

In conclusion, Haywards Heath's restaurant experience has not improved with the closure of River Thai and the opening of this replacement. I really hope this is merely a short term problem as return business is surely slipping away.

1  Thank SteveW0107