“Pleasant place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harvester The Beech Hurst

Harvester The Beech Hurst
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice friendly staff,food always fresh and a delightful salad bar.
Situated with Lovely views of the south downs.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester The Beech Hurst, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
We have replied to you personally as we were so pleased to see your kind comments on Trip Advisor. It means a lot to all the staff, as the aim here is always to ensure that our guests enjoy their visits.

Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I generally would not go to this kind of restaurant - we took the kids once for lunch and the food was as we expected, one small step up from a little chef. This morning I took the kids for Sunday breakfast as there aren't many places for breakfast in town (fed up with miserable staff at Cafe Rouge). We were the only people in the restaurant and they still managed to burn both the sausages and the toast. However the food in general was surprisingly decent, they have several great options for kids, unlimited coffee refills, and the place looked really clean and well maintained. The service was good too (I know, we were the only customers, but that doesn't guarantee good service!) and the price very reasonable. And of course the garden and playground is right there to work off that extra bacon rasher afterwards. So we will go again for breakfast and I will try not to be such a snob!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your visit to Harvester The Beech Hurst and I have shared your comments with all the team. We have replied to you personally and look forward to taking care of you again soon.
Rickmansworth, England, United Kingdom
“Execellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my ( fairly elderly) parents and family on a bank holiday Monday. The service and food were excellent. We were sat next to the speaker and the pop music was irritating the older folk within moments. I asked the staff to move us somewhere quieter, but instead they simply turned the music off so we didn't have to uproot. We were served by John who was a credit to the restaurant. The only thing missing off the menu was the tinned pineapple in the salad. I had the gammon with some added mushrooms, most of the others had the scampy/prawn mix or the harvester combo. I made use of the £9.99 menu.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
May we thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, it is good to know that you found your visit to be a pleasurable experience, and we have replied to you personally.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“very much better than I anticipated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I were taken to this restaurant by an elderly friend, and frankly I thought it would be dreadful. It is not the sort of chain run of the mill restaurant that I normally like. However, I was in for a very pleasant surprise. The food, although hardly haute cuisine, was made from good quality ingredients, nicely cooked and presented. The staff were pleasant and attentive, and the surroundings clean and more than adequate. All in all a very pleasant experience -- I may even try some other Harvester restaurants nearer where I live.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Another good harvester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

i have been to quite a few harvesters and this is a good one,visited here in the afternoon on bank holiday monday after a day out with my mother and even though it was very busy was sat straight away.We ordered two original combos and then went to the salad bar,all the salad was cold and fresh our combos were lovely the ribs are so tender and tasty and the chicken moist.Our waiter was very polite and friendly nice decor too will definately come here again if in the area

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.