“Best bread for miles”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
“Best bread for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I go here regularly for special occasion bread. The baguettes are authentic and make you realize how bad the supermarket bread is. They also do amazing sourdough and of course cakes. I have had a couple. Of celebration mousse cakes from here for christenings and they are awesome. The owners are not very chatty, I think they are Spanish with English as a second language but they are very helpful and really know their pastries.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Simon G

Brighton, United Kingdom
“genuine Continental bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been visiting Delice since it opened and you can rely on excellent quality food. When it opened it seemed pricey but nowadays the quality reflects in the pricing and it is well worth it. The owners are friendly enough but not over enthusiastic in their greeting. Its good to have a coffee and croissant after a morning work out or to catch up with a friend and has resisted the temptation to try to compete with the chain coffee shops that have sprung up in recent years. Its a timeless classic and well worth a visit. They open early on Sundays which makes it a perfect choice for picking up fresh baked produce to have at home if you have friends staying and dont want to cook. IF you want a cake made for a special occasion its well worth the money.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mendesmob
Mid Sussex
“Proper French Pâtisserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

O Delice is a small french pâtisserie on the High Street in Haywards Heath. I can honestly say that I have not had better baguettes anywhere in France. They are simply wonderful. This is to say nothing of the wonderful pastries they have on offer like their almond brioche, cannoli and an array of cakes and cookies.

If you are looking for a family-friendly, children running rampant coffee shop, I'd suggest Costa or Cafe Nero. But if you want to purchase high-quality French breads and pastries, you simply cannot get any better than this little gem.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DrNBC
Eastbourne
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went to this place for a quick coffee and pastry before a christening. We were met with a fairly frosty welcome but the owner seemed happy to take our money in exchange for coffees etc. my wife was feeding my 5 month old daughter and I was tending to my 3 year old daughter. I nipped out of the shop momentarily only to find on my return that my wife and baby daughter had been asked to leave. My wife said the owner had stated that someone else was waiting for the seats. I confronted the man who appeared a little aggressive and said that my £8:20 mean I couldn't stay there all day. I had been there 15 minutes.
Shocked by his lack of sympathy I left feeling very disgruntled.
If I were you.........give it a swerve

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Firefighter8
Chester, United Kingdom
“Incredible Pattiserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is outstanding. You will not find better pastries and coffee for 50 miles, at least! The service has always been a little on the minimal side, but still courteous and quick. Also excellent value. Can't recommend highly enough

• Visited April 2013