“A real Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I can't believe people try to compare this with Zizzi or Prezzo, which are pretend italian restaurants and where the menus are so banal and the quality about as good as McDonalds

Paolino's is good, the prices are fine given the quality, the staff and service is knowledgeable and friendly.

For me its the second best Italian in the area after Buon Appetito in Burgess Hill. Menu is not a big and the atmosphere not a cosy but by far better than the other offerings in the area.

2  Thank magoadrianino

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a work do. Excellent service and the food was fab. I have eaten here before and stick to the basics as the pasta and pizza is so good. Always a pleasure and I will be back.

1  Thank Gankster
Reviewed November 22, 2013

When I read some reviews about this restaurant I think to myself that some people have a hidden agenda. I, my wife, family and friends have eaten here on quite a few occasions and we have never had a bad experience. Someone has said that it is not a Michelin starred establishment and that is quite correct. I have eaten in many such restaurants and the one thing they have in common is people who only go there so that they can be 'seen'. Paulino's is welcolming, atmospheric and a pleasure to visit. The hosts and the staff cannot do enough for you. To me, the standard of a restaurant is the ease of obtaining a table. At Paulino's you have to book.
Keith Ridgewell

3  Thank Keith R
Reviewed November 10, 2013

24 hours later and still the memory, or rather the smell, lingers on. No ventilation, condensation running down the windows plus an open kitchen with a poor extractor system - next stop a visit to the dry cleaners. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a stale fish smell. There is no excuse for this so if you must go there wear washable clothes.
A crowded, tightly packed, lively if somewhat noisy atmosphere. The food - probably best not to comment - but do stick to the simple choices pasta, lasagne etc. The desserts are the high spot but cannot make up for the preceding mediocrity. Main course that gave the impression of being plated in advance then kept in a hot oven rendering the food soggy and tasteless.
No chance of giving this place a second chance, now where is my dry cleaning ticket?

2  Thank Chailey_Paul
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have eaten many times at this lovely restaurant in Lindfield. The staff are lovely and welcoming always. We took my granddaughter there for her 18th birthday meal along with the rest of her family. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and the staff and other guests sang Happy Birthday to her. We have never had anything but excellent meals at all times, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Paolino's to anyone - and we have!

1  Thank Lyn G