Meeting relatives in Brighton over the Easter weekend, but not able to find a suitable hotel on the coast which would take dogs, we compromised by booking the Birch Hotel in the pleasant small town of Haywards Heath. The hotel is conveniently situated out of the centre but close enough to walk in to visit the park.
Because of the dog, we were restricted as to choice of room and were in the newer annexe. The room was not very large but comfortable and clean. The decor and furnishings were in good condition as though there had been a recent redecoration. It was a cool weekend but the room was very warm. Just one small niggle; one receptionist informed us that the dog was only allowed in the bedroom, while the next day another said that we could take her into the impressive lounge area.
The breakfasts were very good, though we wondered why there was fresh fruit as well as tinned on only one of the three mornings. The staff in the restaurant were by and large efficient and friendly. Overall we thought it was good value, especially if compared with London hotels and certainly justified the short drive to the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Birch Hotel is located in the West Sussex town of Haywards Heath , 3 miles from Burgess Hill, 18 miles from Brighton and 15 miles from Gatwick Airport. The original building was built in c.1874 And still retains some of the original features, including oak panelling in the lounge area and stained glass windows on the main staircase. The Birch Hotel has undergone extensive refurbishment over the last few years making it the perfect venue for business or leisure. The main facilities of The Birch Hotel are: 51 en-suite bedrooms, all with Free wired internet access, 6 Conference rooms ideal for interviewing up to theatre style for 60 persons, (all rooms have wireless internet access), 3 banqueting rooms suitable for the small family celebration from 10 guests up to 80 guests for a seated reception. The Birch Hotel is licensed for Civil and Partnership ceremonies. The Birch offers the Courtyard resytaurant or our new modern Bistro Bar for dining .On site free carpark with a small side garden. The Hotel is Non Smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western The Birch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Haywards Heath
- Haywards Heath Best Western
- Best Western The Birch Hotel Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK