“Excellent, Fantastic Value”
Review of Burghurst Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haywards Heath
Burghurst Lodge
Arundel sussex
“Excellent, Fantastic Value”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at the end of September and I have to say that the whole experience was fantastic, we paid £65 per night which included an excellent continental breakfast with homemade fruit composite, fresh yoghurt, fresh ground coffee, cerial, and rustic crusty loaf. There is a cooked option at £5 extra pp. The accomodation is a self-contained cottage, with bedroom, small sitting area, kitchen and large shower room. everything was spick and span and very relaxed, would go back again, great value and something for other providers to copy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pauldendle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only needed an overnight... what a shame. Very comfortable, very well appointed, private, but with very friendly owners on hand. A lovely part of the world, so will definitely be back to relax, and explore. Thank you.

Room Tip: 'The room' is the best room you could choose!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magicstay
London
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as we had to do something in the local area. It had everything we needed. A well equipped small kitchen and its very cosy. It's located in a lovely village with 2 pubs. Highly recommended.
Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank viddo
Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed here as we had a wedding close by at wakehurst place. It was a lovely place and an ideal location for what we were after. Jessica went above and beyond to make our stay as welcome as possible, including taking me to wakehurst place to collect my car the following morning. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something in the area

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beard3D
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a really fabulous place to stay set in the delightful village of Horsted Keynes. The accommodation was excellent and the service provided by the owner was first class. I felt well looked after.Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Wow great place to stay, a B&B with a difference. The accommodation is separate from the main house (owner’s house) which means you have privacy but also the service of being waited on, with all the comfort and space of a holiday rental. The quality of the decoration is staggering, the little extra attention to detail makes the difference and sets this guest house apart from any other that I have stayed at, for example, we were given fresh fruit, unlimited supply of tea and coffee facilities, fresh orange juice, cereal and best yet they left us chocolate brownies (had it not been Easter, where I had already consumed vast amount of chocolate I would have devoured these, however I did cheekily wrap them and took them with me for when I came down from the sugar rush and they were luscious ).
The accommodation itself was made up of a large double room with a comfy bed and a small table to eat breakfast at, there was a TV and a radio alarm clock which both had good signal. There was a very well equipped kitchenette area that leads onto the bedroom/living area, and through the kitchen is a lovely bathroom, with an amazing shower which is idiot proof on/off switch and then a dial to adjust the temperature, the water was hot at all times and the shower area was very clean, there was lovely under floor heating in the bathroom.
There is off road parking and a small court yard if you wish to sit out in the sun, the weekend we stayed, we were very busy with a Wedding hence we booked this location, so unfortunately we didn’t get time to sit and relax out there (plus it may have been sunny but it was snowing!) I said to the Jessica (the owner) I would be there at 7pm however due to work/traffic I didn’t arrive till 9pm which I did inform Jessica of on route, Jessica was very understanding and said she had made plans that evening and told me how to gain access to the property, when I arrived I found that Jessica had thoughtfully left the heater on and all the lights, with a little note apologising for not meeting us (although it was our fault we were late) also a brief summary of where things were and asked what time we would like our breakfast in the morning, it was all very refreshing having someone accommodate us in this manner.
The breakfast........oh my word, I read on here (Trip Advisor) from another review it was the best breakfast they had ever had and they weren’t lying! It truly was amazing, the bacon was delicious, the eggs were perfect the whole thing was hot and fresh and all served on a tray from the main house (Jessica walk it across the court yard and would have set the table however we got there first), the butter was in our fridge and also fresh yogurt, the toast we made if we required it, you can then have as much and as little as you want and the toast can be hot with the breakfast. You could set your watch by Jessica, if you ask for breakfast at 10am then that is when she will be there (amazing).
My partner accidentally spilt nail varnish of the bed cover (first time anything has ever happened like this in our stays) we did our best to prevent it from staining nevertheless it did stain and I informed Jessica and stated I would pay for a new cover however she simply said “these things happen, don’t worry” I thought she would be angry or disappointed but with the good grace she simply made us feel welcome in every way possible, Jessica took time out to get to know us a little bit and spoke with us both mornings we were there. As stated earlier we attended a wedding which meant my car was left at the wedding event, Jessica even offered to take me to collect my car rather than paying for a taxi (just another example of going above and beyond my expectations).
Part of me didn’t want to write this review as I know it was a exceptional place and I have nothing but positive things to say about it and because of this I know it will get fully booked all the time and I won’t be able to revisit due to the overwhelming demand for this B&B, however when I see greatness to this extent, it would be selfish of me not to share this with all of you.
I hope this helps you in making an informed choice regarding Burghurst Lodge.
I apologise for the photos, i had already unpacked my things and the room looks better than my photographs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amazing247
London
Reviewed January 4, 2013

What a lovely place. Beautiful room, very comfortable,very welcoming and delicious breakfast. Thoroughly recommend, extremely good value. We spent a very restful night here. The room is in a garage conversion, so you can come and go as you need. Great facilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Roebuck Hotel
The Roebuck Hotel
#1 of 2 in Forest Row
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa

Been to Burghurst Lodge? Share your experiences!