“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Burghurst Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haywards Heath
Burghurst Lodge
London
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

What a lovely place. Beautiful room, very comfortable,very welcoming and delicious breakfast. Thoroughly recommend, extremely good value. We spent a very restful night here. The room is in a garage conversion, so you can come and go as you need. Great facilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HPLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have returned home and I felt compelled to telling everyone about Burghurst Lodge. What a little palace! A gem of a place nestled in West Sussex beautiful countryside. Read the reviews from the past visitors and I would magify them by 100. The whole embiance of the Lodge is first class all the way. From the tea and chocolate cake on arrival to the delicious full english served to perfection on both mornings by Jessica's fare hand. The bedroom, shower room and kitchen all fitted to the highest standard, every detail covered. We didn't want to leave, and as a result I forgot to sign the visitors book. Well never mind we'll just have to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DA364
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I booked a single night at Burghurst Lodge as we needed to be in Haywards Heath the following day. The location is excellent - being only a short distance from the main road but in a quiet, rural spot.

The owner, Jessica, was very welcoming and struck a fine balance between being friendly and interested in you without being intrusive.

The accommodation itself is a detached annexe to the main house and is like your own one-bed studio apartment. You have a large sleeping/living area, a kitchenette and a shower room. The whole place looks to have been recently renovated and with impeccable taste from the good quality bed and linens to furnishings. It's one of those places where we both looked at each other and said 'nice'.

Normally I like to include any negatives we found just to provide some balance but really, there was nothing to complain about. Especially when at £65 I think it offers excellent value for money. By the way, it's worth paying the optional tenner and going for the cooked breakfast - spot on!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UK_Author
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for two night before travelling on to Gatwick.

I can recommend this lovely B&B if you want peace and quiet and comfortable accommodation.

I endorse all the positive comments made about Burghurst Lodge so thank you to Jessica for your kindness and making us feel welcome.

A relaxing start to the holiday and so near to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bodle Street Green, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

What a lovely cottage Burghurst Lodge is. Quiet, private and very comfortable. We stayed here overnight to attend The Ardingly Antiques Show. Lovely large bedroom, with en-suite bathroom, sofa and breakfast table overlooking the courtyard where we enjoyed breakfast. The hosts had thought of everything - even a torch for getting home from the pub. Had we stayed longer we could have used the kitchen facilities but we chose to eat out - there are two pubs in the village and the Coach & Horses at Danehill which was excellent. Secure and private parking. Breakfast was full of choice - delicious bread, yoghurts, museli and even free range and organic eggs for their own chickens! We'll definitely return and reccomend to all our friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna P
Antwerp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in this sweet little cottage. It is everything we hoped for and more. Lots of fresh, home made produce for breakfast (more than enough) and chocolate cake and fresh flowers to welcome us. I've already put it on my 'favourite places' list.
Also a very good shower. I rated sleep quality average because it is a queen size bed and we are used to a king size.
We went twice to The Crown (pub within walking distance) and enjoyed both meals.
Hope to visit again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Working locally nearby for a week and a long way from home, I was looking for comfortable, relaxing accomodation and Burghurst Lodge exceeded my expectations. Such a pretty village and good food at the pub The Crown a minute walk away, but most of my five nights stay I was easily able to cook for myself with the excellent hob and kitchen facilties, a real bonus in keeping my costs down. I can't fault anything about my stay, spec, facilities, design and comfort, and nice to know the owner Jessica and family were just across the driveway at home. I didn't want to leave! If you like the look of their website you'll love it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
The Roebuck Hotel
The Roebuck Hotel
#1 of 2 in Forest Row
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa

Been to Burghurst Lodge? Share your experiences!