“Great evening”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Bolney
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family And Doggie Friendly Good old Traditional English Pub in the heart of Sussex with a Warm Welcome and a smile! Home cooked food and good old fashioned Traditional Pub Fayre
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited on a Saturday evening at the beginning of April, it was very busy, a large party through middle of restaurant. We were a little concerned that our food would take a long time, but we were shown to a corner table, drinks order was taken and drinks delivered without delay. I can say that the service on the food was also excellent. The food was well presented and tasted delicious, a good steak. Thanks to the Eight Bells for all their hard work, we will be returning soon.

Emma W, Owner at Eight Bells At Bolney Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eight Bells and I and all the staff really appreciate your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Emma Wasyliw

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Four of us went to the restaurant last night for dinner. We have lived in the area for 30 years and are blessed with an abundance of eateries but had never previously visited this pub for dinner. On the advice of Emma the landlady, I had squid for starters. It was wonderful. For main courses my wife had the vegetarian sausage and mash, my sister had rib eye steak, her partner had the fish chouder stew and I had the BBQ ribs. We all found the food to be of excellent quality served by very polite attentive staff.
We will certainly be going there again in the very near future.
The squid eater!

Thank you for taking time to post a review of the Eight Bells. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your meal, especially the squid which is a relatively new addition to our menu.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Emma Wasyliw

Reviewed April 14, 2014

A large group of us had a very enjoyable midweek lunch at the Eight Bells. The staff were helpful, the food good and it was excellent value.

Thank you for submitting a review for the Eight Bells. I am so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Emma Wazyliw

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited on a Sunday and were also staying in the B&B. Delightful staff & delicious food (if a tad salty) would recommend this for groups of all ages as they had a large outdoor area and a jungle gym for kids.

We made the most of the pool table and darts. Made to feel truly welcome. Thanks Eight Bells!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just had lunch with 6 friends in the Eight Bells, superb food and service. Can definitely recommend and will be returning again x

Emma W, Owner at Eight Bells At Bolney Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Eight Bells. I very much enjoyed our chat and hearing all about your family history. I hope that you make it back to the Eight Bells soon, perhaps even for an overnight stay.

Emma