“2nd Time to Butlins but important to know.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlins Shoreline Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at Butlins for the 2nd time this year for a 4 day break in September. This time we stayed at the Shoreline Hotel. This is the hotel that is said to aim at younger children especially whilst the other two hotels on the resort are for older kids 12+ the Wave Hotel and for 8+ the Ocean. That's not to say you cant take your kids to the other two (we stayed at the Wave last time) and to be honest other than the billy bear bedtime and the open child bedrooms and special small toilet seat I could not really see anything that made it that much better for children of a small size. The hotel is the oldest of the three and it is showing a little, its still clean and its still looked after but yes its looking almost dated compared to say the Wave hotel. I cant vouch for the Ocean hotel as yet as I am staying there next time. But several of the staff told me the Ocean is their favourite and has the best rooms. The hotel staff as usual were just lovely. The red coats as usual extra specially energetic and my kids loved them. We tried the Science Show this time as it was not open yet when we went in Feb. My kids loved the 3D part of the show and my youngest daughter took part in the show and was thrilled. This time around my children were not ill on the break so we enjoyed ourselves much more. We had the hotel dining plan and at first I was not sure if this would be any good as unlike when you stay at the Wave hotel you can turn up at the deck when you want but at the Shoreline you have to book a slot the night before as its a much smaller restaurant. But i need not of worried as the food in the hotel restaurant seemed to have more care taken in its presentation i.e there were specific little starters like duck pate with focaccia or salmon and prawn roulade which were delicious and also individual made puddings like chocolate tart or banoffee fool, blackberry panacotta etc . Where as at 'The Deck' (where we ate one night and yes its still a good restaurant) you would just get the cold meats and salads or soups as starters and for pud you would get crumbles, custard and or ice cream and perhaps black forest gateau if there was some left. So still good but more care taken at the hotel dining. The main courses were just lovely as well. The fish goujons were hand battered and tasted so good! also they had a beef madras and a lamb rogan josh and again I was so pleased they were really tasty. The entertainment for the children was excellent as usual considering its term time and all the speciallty entertainment they had in the summer is gone now. We did not get to see any of the adult shows (no not that sort of adult) but the after 9pm ones with music in the theatere part as the kids could not go and needed to sleep. Perhaps if I get my parents to come one time I can sneak in a performance or two. All in all it was very good. One problem though was the plugs in the bath and sinks at the Shoreline as they have a terrible design flaw where if there is any grit or sand at all on your person and its gets into the water you will REALLY struggle to turn the plug hole to the side and let out the water. Twice we had to ask for someone to come and open the pulgs up. The maintenance guy that came said its their No.1 call out issue. Please sort this out Butlins!. All in all we had a lovely time and although I preferred the Wave hotel to the Shoreline that's not to say the hotel was not good as it was. I wont stay there again anyway as I have three children and I don't think they have the option of a room with a sofa bed like the Wave and Ocean do unless you can book a Nelsons Stateroom and I have never as yet seen one available. I can only assume they book up a full year in advance. (I may be wrong though about the rooms you would have to check) but I would only stay at the Wave and or Ocean now anyway. Great break though. We were in room 234 and we did have lovely sea view.

Room Tip: 234 Had a lovely sea view.
1  Thank Esandi81

Reviewed September 28, 2013

After a 3 year gap from Butlins we had a great stay - my two teenage daughters and myself. Lots to do and lots of entertainment on the resort/holiday camp for all of us. There is a huge selection of things to do. And entertainment is top rate. We were lucky with the weather and that helped, for going on the Fairground . But had a great time even when not outdoors.
The hotel is clean bright and light. Top breakfast selection. We only ate in other than breakfast at the Sunday Carvery and that was outstanding.
A jolly place full of kids on holiday and in holiday mode. The environment on it's own would lift spirits. Several adult groups partying [and off to the nightclub] as an addition to the mix.
The resort is great for a short break. And this hotel is comfortable and fun. We'd stay there rather than in the other accommodation on the resort.
We wondered why we had left it 3 years to return. We'll be back soon this time.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just back from my impulsively booked second butlins break this year.Stayed for 4 days and loved every minute.Just me and my 4 year old Isabella .As we had only just visited in august Isabella knew what to expect.This time she got more involved and dressed up as her favourite skyline character or should i say characters as she had several.The skyline gang made her feel very special .They are really a lovely group and very talented.Regular appearances from Billy and Bonnie made my little one's week,as did the other characters ludo and darwin.She especially loved putting Billy to bed each night.
Booked again for june and im sure i'll visit again before that.Really lovely feel good place especially with the sunny redcoats. Perfect for toddlers and it seemed the older kids enjoyed it just as much judging by the looks on their faces.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice holiday. The hotel was very nice, modern & quiet. Good sized room. Cleaners could be a bit more thorough, when it comes to vacuum cleaning. Not very nice finding someone's else's toe nail by the bed. Other than that it was fine.
Rooms was a decent size.

The only thing that disappointed me was I had to chase the hotel reception up a number of times for a cot and bed guard. Really annoying when you have been travelling most of the day and you need to put your kids to bed.

Breakfast at the hotel was a buffet which had everything you could think of to eat. Very nice. We had bed & breakfast, so eating at the resort was very expensive. Even just to eat at burger king. We had to go to McDonald's down the road a few times.

There is plenty to do for children but my two year old was very scared of the big characters and big rides. So bear in mind if your two year old is very timid and is a bit like mine.

Swimming pool was great and had slides for all ages.

Overall it was a very nice holiday and at least you can go in the sky walk if the weather is bad.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived at The Shoreline Hotel Butlins Bognor Regis mid September for a two night stay. I have never been to Butlins before but my husband had stayed in The Ocean Hotel one month earlier and was advised by sales staff at the resort that The Shoreline Hotel would be more suitable for him to bring his family along, so we took this advice and thought that the Shoreline Hotel would have been to a similar standard but it was not.

When we arrived at the hotel the receptionist was very friendly and welcoming and we were able to check in straight away. When we arrived in our room my heart sunk, the carpet was all bumpy and one of the children tripped over straight away, the faux leather arm chairs were all cracked & grubby. The kids bunk beds were not very sturdy. There was a partial view of the sea but the main view was the car park.

We approached the hotel staff who were very helpful and they agreed to find us another room. They kindly found us another room however it was not much better, the carpet was not as lumpy but the cleanliness of the room was worse than the first room. There was a liquid substance on the faux leather chairs which were also cracked. The windows were filthy on the inside too. The room was very bleak. My husband advised me that the Ocean hotel was much nicer than this so I requested to be moved to the other hotel.
Fortunately the hotel was not full and we were moved to The Ocean Hotel which was much much better.

Although the rooms at the Shoreline Hotel were not very good I must add that the staff were very helpful indeed and very attentive.

Room Tip: I would advise to stay in one of the newer hotels on the resort
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlins Shoreline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis Resort.
Our Shoreline Hotel is perfect for families with children aged 7 and under as characters come to visit and your children can take part in Billy Bear’s Storytime, so I'm really sorry to hear the hotel didn't live up to your family’s expectations.

All our accommodations are regularly refurbished and are thoroughly cleaned before and after every break, so I was surprised to read about the condition of both rooms you were allocated. So I can make sure both rooms are given some thorough maintenance, please email tripadvisor@butlins.com with the room numbers you were allocated and I can make sure our team put things right ready for our next break.

Thank you for your lovely feedback for our helpful team. I'm glad to hear they were able to find you an alternative accommodation at our Ocean Hotel. I have shown them your comments as I'm sure they’ll love reading them.

Once again, really sorry that things weren't perfect for you at the Shoreline Hotel and hope you can join us for another break very soon.

Kind Regards,

Serene

Butlins Customer Care

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked last october for a 4 night break amd got a lot of discount for booking early. We went with the hotel dining package too. We are 2 adults and twins aged 2.5yrs.

From the moment we arrived to the time we left our kids were entertained. The hotel was in good condition and clean enough. The room was big enough and we had the columbus quarters which had a small patio. This was perfect for us as when we had put the kids to bed we could sit out there for a nice glass of wine. In the room there was a mini fridge and a small safe and plenty of storage space. We also had two buggies with us which could also be easily stored. The kids loved their little den too.

On the actual park there was tons to do. Most of the activities were free but there are alot of small rides that cost £1 ago. There are free rides so just stay away from the arcades if you dont want to spend extra money.

The dining plan was without a shadow of a doubt well worth the money. We ate most of the time in the hotel reataurant as we felt the food was great. However one night we ate in papa johns pizza place which was equally as good.

If you are looking for a cheap break that entertains your kids then I would highly recommend this place. If your lookjng for a relaxing break dont go here. Before we had kids butlins would have been our idea of hell but the smiles that were across our little ones faces all week made our week.

We were out of season (term time) so no queues anywhere.

Before we left we already booked for next year!! And most people do that so butlins must be doing something right.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went with 2 teenage kids and the room was ample. It was clean and comfy with plenty of plug sockets for charging various ipods, iphones, kindles etc. The kids room didn't have a door on which meant we all had to dress in the bathroom but perfect for those with young children. Not much of a view unless you love car parks but you don't go to butlins for the view. It was central for all of the amenities. Its fairly quiet at night but its loud on a morning due to the number of young kids. I think that is to be expected tho. Great customer service and the staffwere very helpful. Margaret in the restaurant was particularly helpful so I hope the Butlins officials read this and recognise her.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlins Shoreline Hotel? Share your experiences!