“dissapointed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Shoreline Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had stayed at chalets for weekend adult soul weekend fab service food excellent staff happy to help ,then crossed over to shoreline hotel with partial seaview which would be nice if we could see through glass very dirty bed uncomfortable we stayed with two young children at hotel from mon-wed as we thought it more comfortable ,we put sign for our room to be cleaned they made double bed but not kids no loo paper and clean towels had to be chased down ,dinner which was looking ok before opening time was nice by time we ate we asked on entering if staff would take photo of us for our 15 anniversary seemed to do it reluctantly asked where condiments etc where was pointed in one direction even though it was not busy spanish guy keep coming over and whisking plates away before we finished on more than one occasion also wiped table while we ate why it wasnt dirty or busy assumed we paid bill on leaving hotel however was shouted at on leaving resturant and asked to pay bill highly embarrising whomever was in charge said they haveing lots of problems due to no manager and staff said oh maybe we could have assisted and greeted you ,they did agree that service food was poor I said I was happy to pay for drinks not food but they decided to squash bill very good but a little to late to make a special night good for us ,will say last year we stayed there and all was good so make up your own mind but dont be afraid to say if service is bad

Room Tip: ask for sea view before booking
2  Thank aud472
ButlinsResorts, Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Shoreline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Shoreline Hotel.

I’m sorry to read you were disappointed with your return stay. I know that if I went back somewhere I would expect the accommodation and service to be as good as my previous experience, so I’m sorry this wasn’t the case for you and your family. I hope you were able to speak to our Guest Services team regarding the issues with the cleanliness of your accommodation and the beds, as they would have been able to put things right for you.

I’m glad to hear things were resolved after your meal in the restaurant, but I’m so sorry that the issues you had spoilt your anniversary. Please be assured that we try to keep the best standards of service, which is why I’ve passed your comments to our hotel manager so that things can be addressed with the team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we’re able to do something about it and make things better for future guests.

We'd really like for you to come back to Bognor Regis again so you can experience another holiday like the previous one you say you enjoyed. Thank you once again for taking the time to bring things to our attention - I do hope you decide to come and visit again.

Kind Regards,
Serene
Butlins Customer Care Team

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel and resort and were pleasantly suprised with the whole experience. I travelled with my wife, 3 year old and 18 month old and we all had a good time. The good points were that there was plently to do for my 3 year old and she loved it. Even my 18 month old got involved and both were coming back to the hotel exhausted and falling asleep instantly. The good points with the hotel, centre around the staff and the positive level of service. We had an early check in and requests for a new kettle and cot were met. The hotel is smack in the centre of the resort so central to everything. The food is excellent and the buffet always included the safe option of a different roast every night plus a indian, chinese and traditional english dish. The food for children was good too. Breakfast again was good. There is a generous sized fridge in the room where you can easily store a 4 pint milk jug + other bottles so that was really helpful though annoyingly it is so noisy.
Bad points included that the travel cot is useless because there is no matress provided so we were provided with an actual cot. You have to bring your own cot bedding and we were also told that each floor has a baby station, (heating equipment) that is NOT TRUE! and the only microwave is on the ground floor so if you need to heat milk or food in the middle of the night you would have to go downstairs, this was a big disappointment.
Quick points:
SPAR on site is a total rip off. There is a Morrisons in the nearby town, Bognor. Which is a about a 15/20 min walk. You will also find other shops that you would expect on a town high street. Also there is a KFC and McDonalds.
The beach is pure pebble.
There are a lot of slot machines, gambling machines at the resort.
The Activity Centre is great for keeping children occupied while parents take a rest.
The Skyline Pavilion had the best shows for the children so make sure you keep the schedule book with you to see whats on.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the beach - the sunshine and view are better.
2  Thank Prithy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Shoreline Hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments about our staff and customer service - I’ll pass this onto our team at the Shoreline Hotel as I’m sure they’ll be happy to see such lovely feedback about the hard work they do.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the food. For your next visit you might like to know that opting to dine in the hotel also means you can dine in our Turner’s restaurant, which has lots of tasty British dishes like hot West Riding pork pie with minted pea gravy and braised beef stew with tomatoes and spring onion (I’ve had the stew and it’s totally yummy!). If you did fancy giving Turner’s a try next time, just ask one of our hotel team when you arrive and they’ll be able to sort this out for you.

I’m sorry you weren’t made aware of the travel cot situation when you booked. They specifically don’t have the linen or mattresses provided for hygiene and safety purposes to ensure all our tiny guest’s requirements are met – such as allergies etc. The cots we have are a fairly standard cot size so any bedding and linen you bring with you should fit perfectly.

I’m also sorry you were advised that we have baby stations on each level within our shoreline hotel. As you discovered this is not the case, so I’ll make sure this is communicated to our team.

Thank you once again for your kind and very useful feedback - we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Serene
Butlins Customer Care Team

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on 05/09/11 for 2 night, we took our 3 year old daughter.

The hotel is good, it is clean and had no problems with it. We arrived early about 12.30pm, although they say you cannot check in until 3pm our room was ready when we got there. The room was clean in all aspects and had a partial sea view.

We had breakfast and dinner included at the hotel. The breakfast is the same every morning with a variety of cereals and hot breakfast food, tea and toast has to be ordered from your waiter, we had about 10 minute waiting time each morning. Dinner was ok, kids menu had nuggets, chips, beans and pasta, adult menu was ok - i only ate chips. The restaurant in the hotel is very baby friendly, they have microwaves to heat baby milk and food if you bring your own, lots of highchairs and colouring to keep them busy.

At lunch time we ate at the pub on the first day and on second day we ate at Papa Johns which I would highly recommend and would say was the best meal we had on holiday.

It rained the whole time we were out there but lots of shows on at the skyline pavillion and rides for the little ones, wasnt able to try anything outdoors or visit the beach as the weather was too bad. Splashworld was a big hit with my daughter, it wasnt crowded and plenty of spaces in the changing rooms.

All in all a good holiday, it keeps the kids happy which was our objective, would go again next year.

3  Thank sonu_johal
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed in the Nelson State Room on a 4 night break with our 3 and 1 year old boys during term time and had a fantastic holiday. The room was brilliant, very spacious with a separate kids bedroom, a hallway, floor to ceiling windows right round the room, complementary robes and a huge balcony. We couldn't fault it. I was a bit nervous about going as I'd always promised never to set foot in Butlins, but my image of it was far from the truth. The resort was spotlessly clean, not at all tacky like I'd imagined and there was so much to do we were never bored. Going during term time, the break was aimed at younger children and we didn't find it too busy. We saw a few shows and didn't have to queue once which was a bonus as this was something we were worried about. Billy Bears magic show and the Lazy Town show were brilliant and both the children loved watching them. My 3 year old even got to put Billy Bear to bed which was a nice little touch. As we had booked bed and breakfast we were offered a free character breakfast where the boys met Bob the builder and Fireman Sam. I'd recommend doing this instead of paying to do the character lunch as this was just as good and free. We ate out most evenings and found the Sun and Moon pub and Pappa Johns good value for money with lots of choice. The whole holiday was great from start to finish and we will defiantly be going back. If your worried about Butlins being full of unruly children and being tacky, don't be as we didn't find this to be the case at all. What a great holiday, thanks Butlins!

3  Thank UkLjay
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Id just like to stress to others if you have mobility problems or you use a wheelchair butlins will be quick to take your money like everyone else but not give you the service they promise.
I booked a three night break in Shoreline Hotel for myself my 6 and 9 yr old children.
Although im poorly and i use a wheelchair i decided to book this break has it fell on my son 7th birthday and due to heartache theyd been through lately they deserved a well earnt treat.
I drove to bognor from devon has we prefered this site due to having luxury of staying in a hotel.
Before hand i spoke with butlins special needs team to discuss my needs due to my illness. I requested a grand floor room double bed for myself. Also due to bringing luggage for us space was limited so i was told to hire a wheelchair from butlins. Finally that my dietry requirements would go to the kitchens of the hotel.
When we arrived we had 2nd floor room. Twin beds. And when we went to collect and pay for my wheelchair they hadnt got any. Nothing had been booked. So i was stood on my 2 crutches wondering what to do.
Staff went and fetched a scooter for me yet i wasnt good at driving it. Id been on it less then hr and it died on me.
Great. Cut along story short i waited to nxt day to get wheelchair from bognor motability shop in town.
I couldnt eat in restuarent although id paid for us to eat. Chef hadnt been told about food requirements.
They couldnt move us to the ground floor and to make double bed they pushed beds together made bed with a double sheet.
My 7 yr old slept with me and fell through the middle of bed!!!! Great when it was hes birthday.
I orderdd a cake they bought it to us and it was frozen. Someone had written badly on the cake my sons name. You couldnt eat it.
I explained to managers all these issues yet i was told there was no record of my conversation on the telephone when i booked.
I explained the holiday was important has i wasnt well and due to not being able to go away far or for long due to my treatment.
I was told the food package for the 3 of us would be refunded.
Thanks butlins for ruining my childrens holiday and my sons birthday. When i got home i was admitted to hospital.
I will never come to any of your resorts again.
You took my money and gave me nothing in return.

• Stayed: September 2011
11  Thank pottymaid
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel was excellent, staff friendly helpful and efficient.The piped music in corridors made you feel v.relaxed, the hotel rooms were comfortable, and we had great sea views on fourth floor. leave early or late when departing or elseyou have to wait for breakfast,lifts etcAnd staff get in your way when tryiing to manouvere trolleys.only criticism was the shortage of teaspoons at breakfast on tables,because they brought you mugs of tea/coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms on fourth floor have excellent views,you can request a nicer room.
1  Thank adelejosie56
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have to say we booked the Shoreline Hotel thinking it would be like a premier inn, but actually it's much better. You get a Fridge in the room, hot chocolate, nice toiletries, free mouth wash to take home, iron and ironing board, flat screen TV with freeview channels and another TV in the separate kids part of the room and even two large leather chairs by a huge ground to ceiling window that goes across the whole room bringing in lots of light. You don't get all this with lots of space in a premier inn or travel lodge!

Breakfast was again very good, with fresh juices for breakfast and hot food and you get to eat with no added charge in the restaurant over the road with the characters once during your stay.

The hotel is a two minute walk to everywhere in the camp, so very central. We stayed in a standard room overlooking the camp and after 9.30pm didn't hear much noise. The hotel has music in the corridors to add to the Butlins feel but that is turned off about 6pm ish I think. Young children can put Billy bear to bed at 8pm.

Everything in the camp is geared up for the children, so much to do and see - the children will not be bored if going for 3 or 4 nights.

Re Food: I would highly reccomend the new 'Turners' Restaurant - great food and service and not that expensive. The Italian was also good, as was the sun and moon pub. Although if I had one choice I would choose Turners over all the eating outlets on camp.

The only downside for us was the amount of arcades and paid for children’s rides in the skyline pavilion. There was far too many slot machines! This is the only thing that lets Butlins down and makes it feel like Blackpool or Margate seafront! Butlins needs to move on with the times, like they have elsewhere in the camp, especially as they are building a 3rd apartment hotel next year. The market segment that will pay for hotels do not want 3 arcades - 1 is plenty; also it doesn't give a very good impression to our young children encouraging gamberling at a young age. Shame on you Butlins!

One thing I would say was good over August Bank Holiday weekend was the queues for the rides were only about 10 minutes if that and the shows there were seats for everyone. Unlike Disney and Lego Land they seem to know when to stop letting people in!

We would consider going back again if we got a well priced weekend break. We paid £380 for 3 nts for 2 adults and 1 child B&B in School holidays and I don't think I would want to pay much more than this.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
The Royal Norfolk Hotel
The Royal Norfolk Hotel
#7 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel

Been to Butlin's Shoreline Hotel? Share your experiences!