“Butlins wave hotel stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Wave Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Aylesbury
“Butlins wave hotel stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was appalled by the service we got at the hotel, room not being cleaned, had to keep asking for towels and reception staff ignoring requests and promises.
I booked a partial sea view room and got a car park view and the hotel Manager never even contacted me to discuss, instead I got the head of housekeeping instead!
Even after telling me they would discuss with Hotel Manager I never got any callback or even an apology!!
I had to keep on ringing down to reception to ask for enough towels for a family of four, still only giving us two bath towels and no hand towels!!
It has put me off staying at Butlins again and the fact that nobody has responded to my complaint shows that they are not bothered by this and my money is not important to them. I shall take my business to other holiday companies as I think it is disgusting that they have ignored my valid complaint. I would ask you to do the same too!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Wave Hotel as they are not giving the same service that the other hotels give...
2 Thank joen274

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
england
Reviewed September 2, 2013

booked to stay in silver apartment but ws offered an upgrade to the Wave a week before we went so took them up on they offer and REALLY glad we did.
The room was great we had an adapted room for disabled with wet room that helped with my disabled son,also we had emergency pull cords so we could let him stay in aprtment on his own with no worries ( he is 16 ! ) we ate in the deck restaurent and food was good , we were always put near food area and offered help getting food as we had a wheelchair with us.
My younger son found the games area great and he spent alot of time in there whilst we sorted out in our room.One problem we did have was a lack of towels in our room,when we arrived we had 2 hand towels for 4 people. We asked twice at reception for towels and in the end at 10pm i went to reception to ask again and wait for them to take back to room.This happened every day we only had a max of 3 towels for 4 people :(
Staying in the hotel made our holiday alot different than in the chalets,so much so we have booked to go back at christmas time staying in the Wave.
Coffee shop in hotel was good and well priced ,gives you an area to sit away from main skyline area and not have to go back to your room.
Keep up the good work Butlins we will be back at christmas and no doubt in 2014.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

On arrival there were no parking spaces. Directed to overflow which is a considerable distance. We opted to unlooad and then luckily a space appeared which we grabbed. Be warned no one moves their car whilst here it seems for fear they will lose their space. Cars were parked on kerbs and every possible space the only free space being disabled. There is a chronic lack of space and I wonder if the apartments next to the hotel opted to use the "hotel" car park as their allocated parking is a long way from the apartments but the hotel is closer...
The room itself clean and loved the layout except the balcony which as we had a corner room had a door which opened outwardly rather than patio sliding so effectively cut the balcony in half and could not sit outside with door open.
We had no hand towels on arrival. Reported and restocked however as the shower screen leaked considerably had to use to mop up the floor. These towels were taken and despite asking several times never replaced. Just told sorry we've run out of hand towels. This should not happen in a hotel supposedly of this standard. No towels in the entire resort? Also no remote for the second tv in the kids den. Again housekeeping very apologetic and polite. Never turned up. We booked and paid extra for the wave as it (we planned) would avoid arguments over what the kids wanted to watch. So now we just had arguments over who had the remote instead.
We arrived late and thought we had sorted out all missing items. After a nights sleep went to use the tea and coffee making facilities. No tea. No milk. Not good. Didnt fancy black coffee so tap water it was. By now we were getting fed up asking for things we should have as standard. Little things but they are annoying.
Breakfast was great in the beachcomber and dinner too. Found the resort restaurants all closed at 7pm for dinner (?) ok this is a family place and we had not paid for food inclusive but 7???? Most days we are not even home from work by then and on holiday the kids eat later. Luckily beachcomber to the rescue good food not too long a wait and helpful staff
Splash world Sunday morning early start hotel only 0830-0930 although disinterested staff did not even check so anyone could've gone in. Still nice and empty and we all enjoyed spending time and no money for a change.
Money.... There is so much not included it is disappointing. Almost everything was extra. Shows included but have to pay for a pass to get a seat. Circus and 3d shows extra. £20 for a family of 4 for each! Food expensive and had planned to go out and get some bits from local supermarket but daren't due to parking.
Kids loved the place. Games port included but would be nice to avoid the games on holiday and enjoy some sun!
Parents fed up and broke
Could be so so much better come on standards slipped Butlins!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Weekend stay idea of room lay out was good but the small things really let this place down. First off no hand towels anywhere in the whole hotel for the whole weekend no glasses in the bathroom which is a real pain when brushing your teeth. Hotel readily advertises individual tv for each child in bunk beds but this is a bit hard when with only one remote and when asked for not another remote to be found anywhere in the hotel ( I feel a pattern emerging here ) some rooms have not got a full balcony so look before you accept room. Main restaurants on site all close for evening meal at 7pm this dose seam a bit early after all I am on holiday and its not a school day!!! So this only leaves you with the pay as you go restaurants which aren't cheap so be prepared to have very deep pockets this is not me being tight eather near on four figures for a weekend away. I feel this is a real shame because this could be a really great hotel but they really need to sort themselves out

1 Thank Vanadd1
Bilsthorpe
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My five star review was probably helped by visiting during a week when every day was blue skies and in the 20s. I had selected a sea view apartment on the higher floors and was allocated 635 a south facing apartment with wrap around balcony giving beautiful sea views. The apartment was lovely, housekeeping was good and the reception staff could not do enough to help you. I was with 10,12 and 14 year old sons on my own and the Games Port was a huge favourite with them especially the FiFA tournament day. The facilities on site were good and the location right next to Bognor was excellent so you didn't feel you were out on a limb. The kids said the pool at Skegness is better and we had visited before the refurb but it was still good. We had breakfast which there was bags of choice. There were veg sausages and smoked haddock but no mushrooms which would have been nice. Also the fruit juice machines kept running out. Other than that can't think of any complaints!

Room Tip: Unless you are scared of heights pay the bit extra for a higher floor room and sea view - worth the...
1 Thank helluvsfood
portsmouth
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in a wave apartment with our two year old grandaughter ideal place to stay when you have a fussy eater because you can cater for yourself. A lovely modern clean apartment and very spacious with a cooker microwave and dishwasher, and housekeeping every day. However they did miss us one day but within an hour of letting reception know two people came up to service the room. We where five floors up, not a very exciting view but a good view of he Butlins resort. My grandaughter loves Butlins however not really our "cup of tea" but children do love it. Some amazing children's shows and the Butlins team from the redcoats to the cleaners are fantastic so very friendly and helpful and great with children. Not exactly a cheap holiday especially as we picked premium accommodation , and prices round the resort are quite steep, would hate to have a large number of children because the extras could cost a fortune. My husband remember Bulins when he was a child when all the entertainment was free, this is not the case nowadays. However the resort has defiantly moved with the times and is a totally different experience to what it was. A great place to keep children amused but not a very relaxing place for adults.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took our 2 Sons 6 & 1 yrs for a Mon-Fri break.
We've been to Skegness before but found last time it was in need of major TLC so thought we would try Butlins @ Bognor Regis and really glad we did.

Wave Hotel lovely and modern, clean and welcoming. Lovely Soho Coffee Bar in lounge as well as tea & coffee facilities in room which was cleaned Nd made up each day.

We had the Premium Dining Package which again I could not fault. Food choices a plenty each evening too.
My only negative would be breakfast time. Each morning we were there for 8am and none of the coffee machines were hot enough to serve coffee so it was a waiting game, the juice machines were a disaster and the kids running the shift tended to treat it more like disco with music banging out of the speakers so not to impressed unfortunately.

Entertainment good a plentiful also lots if other activities to do. We bought the action passes £14 each which was actually worth it rather than paying out £4 for this and £5 for that.

However it's a holiday resort and the kids enjoyed it so if you've never thought of going to Butlins give it a try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
#5 of 7 in Arundel
Chichester Park Hotel
Chichester Park Hotel
#6 of 8 in Chichester

Been to Wave Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!