All reviews games room bunk beds deck restaurant large wrap around balcony dolphin room premium dining mini fridge towel art reef apartment iron and ironing board lovely balcony plenty of storage butlins resort hotel entrance papa johns hotel guests enjoy your stay
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great venue , hotel has good facilities - great set up and resort
Would def recommend to anyone looking for a fun weekend away
With a pretty well travelled group of mates ranging from 40 to 58 years not sure all would love it , but they did - everyone had a great stay - Hotel had all we needed and I would def come back as would the others
Everything easy to reach and accessible

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We got a great deal for a weekend stay at the Wave Hotel Bognor Regis -Butlins. We stayed in an apartment and it was wonderful. Spacious, clean, modern and stylish. We all had a great weekend and will return.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We returned for the second year during the Christmas and New Year period, to celebrate our daughter's birthday but this will be the last time we go to Butlins. The first time we stayed at their Shoreline Hotel which was nice enough but this time we decided to book an appointment at the new Wave Hotel. We arrived there to find the hotel's car park completely full and were directed to the overflow car park at no time were we instructed to drop off our luggage etc. When we finally parked up we then had to walk around the site to the hotel. Considering this is their new hotel it was an extremely poor set up. Check in was ok. When we arrived at the appointment first impressions were boy this is lovely. Upon closer inspection it wasn't so good, the tap was broken in the bathroom and was repaired very quickly when we reported it to reception. The light shade in the dining area was so thick of dust you could write your name in it, there was food under the sofa, the headboard light in the main bedroom didn't work, one of the reading lights in the main bedroom had a piece missing and was exposing wires. We reported this to reception and we later found out that this was not logged and no one bothered to repair it! Not impressed with that.

During our stay the fire alarms went off 3 times, once in the middle of the night. As we walked down the stairs we were met by one of their receptionist who was physically shaking as he vacated the hotel. Whilst trying to find out what was going on I asked a female member of staff and she responded by saying "I don't know I work in one of the other hotels". Surely they all work from the same procedures?? The fire brigade was not even called. It was well over an hour later we were able to go to bed only to be woken up at 8am by yet another fire alarm.

The staff in The Deck were brilliant
We found one of the Redcoats to be extremely rude and obnoxious. She certainly had an I'm more holy than thou presence about her and looked down at us.

We were literally lied to by several members of staff and as a consequence would never return here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DAD1972
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a trip to Butlins but (basing this mainly on the hotel rather than the facilities) but I found the hotel to be clean, bright & modern! The double bed was comfy and the extra room with the bunkbeds was most welcome as I was staying with a platonic friend. I agree with other comments about the parking - get there early if you can! We were told to park wherever we could slot in but then told to move within the hour as we weren't in a bay!?!?!

Lovely clean bathroom, loved the disco shower!! I expected to hear more noise baring in mind it was an adult music weekend but I didn't hear any. We had premium dining which worked very well for us - a help yourself buffet.

Some of the Butlins entertainment venues could do with a bit of modernising and deep cleaning - very sticky carpets and 'Jax' where we went to play Bingo was so filthy I didn't want to put my bag down!!

All in a fabulous weekend and we can't wait to go to the next one!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and didn't have any problem using the lifts ( I notice a few people have said how busy they were).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiny_teen
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just spent an enjoyable week in one of the two bed apartments on the 7th (top) floor. The apartment had a double, twin, bathroom and lounge dinner compete with kitchen.

Pros;
* We stayed in apartment 733 which (in my view) has the best view along the coast, over the Skyline Pavilion and the Funfare.
* It was clean and in good condition (just under 1 year old), had freeview TV's in the lounge and both bed rooms which all had integral DVD players.
* The Wave bar on the bottom floor was a quiet respite in the evening away from the noise of the Skyline Pavilion.
* Anyone to do with the hotel was well presented and courteous, especially houskeeping who were very efficient.
* Chalk board on kitchen wall for ideas and plans....take some chalk as you only get one small piece.
* Games room for the kids was unexpected and well used by our two.

Cons;
* Not enough lifts. The queues for these on changeover days were horrendous.
* Kitchen utensils and cutulry was basic and minimal.
* Parking....get there early.
* Same week next year has gone up by £500+ (why?)

Room Tip: 6th or 7th floor with sea view have the best views. you can request sea, or no sea view when booking. No sea view looks over car parks.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family