“Lunch review”
Review of The Southdowns

The Southdowns
Ranked #149 of 195 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I have eaten at southdowns pub on many occasions and the food has been good. Today we were there for a meal with a friend. The food was not at all good my friend had fried beef chilli strips with rice. She could not eat it as it was grizzly and horrible. My half chicken was dry but OK. The chips and onion rings were limp and cold. My husband had penne arrabiatta which came in such a small bowl like a kids portion.
To say the least the meals were horrible. I don't know if your chef has changed and your menu changed as well but after so many good meals there I doubt if we will go there again in a hurry to eat.
Peter Smith email p.h_smith@btinternet.com

Date of visit: September 2019
The_Southdowns, Manager at The Southdowns, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Mr Smith

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent visit. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the meals you recieved. We strive for high standards of food service but it appears we have fallen short on this occasion. I will be looking into this matter further with the team involved and retraining given where nescessary.
I have asked the guest care team to contact you shortly.

Once again, thank you bringing this matter to our attention as all feedback helps us improve.
Any concerns, please don't hesitate to contact one of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Southdowns@sizzlingpubs.co.uk

Write a reviewReviews (221)

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Friendly, clean pub and testaurant
Our 4 meals were well cooked and presented.
Overall I would give this a 5 star rating and I'm not easy to please

Date of visit: July 2019
The_Southdowns, Manager at The Southdowns, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Hi Celia

The whole team sincerely appreciate your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

We had a table of 7 who all ordered food and drink, everything was fine with the drinks and everyone was enjoying themselves until the food came out which was all wrong and missing parts of the meals and one meal wasn’t even correct!! A guy wearing glasses came over to speak to us and was quite frankly rude from the off over the mistakes he,made everyone feel very unwelcome and one of our party did t even eat in the end as everyone wanted to leave. Looked like they were understaffed as the place was a mess and the toilets were horrific, there were people taking drugs in the gents and even tried to sell some to us. Not sure what kind of place is running here but not many positives to take from our experience we will not be coming back.

Date of visit: May 2019
The_Southdowns, Manager at The Southdowns, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Hi Char86Yeovil

I would like to sincerely apologise for the experience you received on your visit. This is not the high standard of service we expect and something I will be looking into further with the team. If you could please email me with the date and time of your visit, I will investigate further your experience with everyone involved.

Once again I apologise and sincerely hope you visit us again so you can see this was a one off incident.

Southdowns@sizzlingpubs.co.uk

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

We received Great service for our family meal. There was a really friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended

Date of visit: May 2019
The_Southdowns, Manager at The Southdowns, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Hi Simon.

Thank you so much for a fantastic review. Your feedback means alot to the whole team and we're happy you enjoyed your visit.
We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Got served from Jackie, so friendly and always had a smile on her face. Couldn’t do enough for us always happy and bubbly and the rest of the staff are always very helpful love this place will surely be returning soon

Date of visit: May 2019
The_Southdowns, Manager at The Southdowns, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Hi Phillip

Thank you for the great feedback. Your kind words are a real morale boost to the whole team and we truly appreciate it.

W elook forward to seeing you very soon.