“80s weekend butlins Bognor Regis Oct 13”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“80s weekend butlins Bognor Regis Oct 13”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great fun escapism for adults I've stayed in all the hotels and each one is great but the wave is my favourite stayed in self catering as well which is basic but good atmosphere very noisy so don't get much sleep in self catering some of the evening entertainment needs looking at especially the dj in centre stage likes the sound of his own voice especially over the music made fun at some poor guy on the dance floor not very professional some of the tribute bands are fantastic especially complete madness dance floor always full when their on :-) more ska music please all in all had good time and I'm going again

Room Tip: Any rooms in the hotels
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

went with my 3 childrens 1 crwling so wasont pleased the carpets smelt and dirty ...didint ruin the holiday as we wernt in there much... had a good time the kids loved it very friendly red coats kept the kids entertained in the evening..we would go back :)

• Stayed October 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

complained about first apartment because it smelled of urine so we got moved to another which was also filthy limescale all over the taps and in the shower, not good when we have 3 children under the age of 8, they really need to sort the apartments out before someone gets ill, i had to go to the shop, and clean the apartment myself as i wouldnt let my children stay 4 nights, disgusting. overall the whole place needs a good clean,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank happydayz2013
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis resort.

I can understand after a long journey, you want to be able to settle in somewhere which is comfortable, clean and perfect for your family’s needs, so I'm really sorry to read about the condition of the apartments you were given. I hope you were able to speak to one of our accommodation team, about the cleanliness of the 2nd apartment, as I'm sure they’d have been happy to arrange for your room to have been given a deep clean. So I can make sure things are put right for our next break, please email tripadvisor@butlins.com with the row names, apartment numbers and village names where you stayed and I can arrange a deep clean of both apartments as soon as possible.

We’re really sorry that things weren't perfect for you on your break and would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Butlins and show you how good a Butlins break can be.

Kind Regards,

Serene
Butlins Customer Care Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

WOW!! what a weekend.
Arrived Friday for a 50th Birthday surprise for my husband .We traveled with a couple of good friends.
On arrival we headed straight the bar awaiting the arrival of our friends.
The bar was absolutely packed, and everyone was in good spirits .
Once our friends arrived and after a couple of drinks we checked in and went to find our apartment.
Was pleasantly surprised with our apartment , we chose a silver self catering apartment .
It was clean , well equipped and nicely decorated.
Now to the entertainment, what can i say, it was second to none , it was absolutely brilliant, could not fault anything.
The high lite of my weekend has to be the silent disco, was such a laugh , and whoever thought of this idea is on to a winner. Its a "must" !!
Everyone was so friendly , all staff and security were great and nothing was too much trouble.
The general public were also great, there were so many people there but did not see one bit of trouble everyone was there for a good time , and im sure no one could have been dissapointed.
People put so much effort into their fancy dress and it was great just sitting there watching people come in all dressed up.
The D.j was brilliant to such a friendly guy.
I would defiantly recommend it and cant wait to go back. Want to do the bootleg weekend next.
I thought it was value for money ,with full on entertainment , and a good time had by all .
Husband loved his surprise. A great weekend with great friends to enjoy it with.

Room Tip: book early for adult weekends ,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kazza995
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis Resort.

It’s so lovely to read you, your friends and your husband all enjoyed celebrating his special Birthday at our We Love the 70s weekend. We try to make sure there’s something for all our guests to enjoy on our Music Weekends, so I'm glad to see you made the most of your stay with us.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to our Bootleg Ball soon.

Kind Regards,

Serene
Butlins Customer Care Team
Egham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Back from a 3 day ultimate 80s weekend at Butlins Bognor - and now that my liver has recovered, I feel I should write a review. I went with a group of eight, 40/early 50 something's and must admit my initial thoughts were "what have I let myself in for?".

We stayed in the chalets, which were pretty grim to be honest and felt quite prison like. The noise every minute of our stay was unreal . . . Shouting, screaming, singing 24 / 7 . . No chance to have any sort of meaningful sleep . . Take ear plugs! Or book into the plush hotels on site. A negative.

BUT . . It's the only negative. The camp site was full of large groups of men and women, all having a drinkie or 2, but the atmosphere, was always incredibly good natured and friendly. I did not see any trouble at all over the 3 days.

The entertainment was a little hit and miss . . The bloke from Odyssey was pretty good, Midge Ure was too self indulgent and Leeee John from Imagination was excellent (although his music is not normally my thing).

The tribute Blondie and Madness bands were superb, however the David Bowie tribute was okay, and killed the cheesy dance atmosphere on Sunday night.

Everybody dressed up in fancy dress on Saturday night, other than us - we didn't know. Wish we had dressed up, felt like party poopers!

The queues in the bars were annoying, but the bar staff were all very friendly.

I enjoyed the weekend, would go back (and stay in the hotel), would recommend to fun loving people, who like to reminisce.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lee P
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my 3rd trip to Butlins in Bognor in just over a year, so we pretty much knew what to expect of Butlins.

Unfortunately, for me, the holiday was slightly marred even before we arrived. 6 months before in fact when i booked up. In some ways it was my fault, but there was some misleading information given by the booking agent that led to me to feel i had paid over the odds for the break, just because i booked early. .
There were 7 in our party so we needed a certain sized accommodation. At the time there was,, according to the website,, only one of the larger accommodations available Though i felt i was paying a lot more than i had previously, i booked so as not to disappoint my family. There was no mention of fluctuating prices, when i booked over the phone or that more accommodation could become available. I was told i was getting the best deal. This turned out to be not true as two months down the line more larger accommodations became available and the price had dropped by nearly £200.
I did e-mail Butlins over the matter and though they sent me an e-mail straight away to say that they would pass my concerns to the complaints department, but it would take them up to 28 days to reply. They replied on the 29th day with a formal letter which i wasnt entirely happy with but as it took nearly a month for them to reply i just gave up corresponding this way as it was pointless and just leading to more frustrations.
in the end i spoke to someone when i arrived at the resort who put me in touch with one of the managers in the booking office. This again was a waste of time and i ended up going round in cirlces with my complaint over misleading information and paying nearly £200 over the odds.
Though an apology is nice, a goodwill gesture would not have gone amiss or even an upgrade.
The ironic thing was that the booking manager mentioned that if i bought a telly at one price and it was cheaper a week later i wouldnt expect a refund. Funnily enough this did happen with Amazon and they coughed up the difference as a goodwill gesture because they saw me as a valued and regular customer.

So my advice is to not book up too early, as the brochure suggest, but to hang out for a better deal as is seems the prices, in my experience fluctuate, down, not up. A holiday i paid £748 for i could have got for £558, which would have been a fair price for a 4 night stay.
Considering the place was much more quieter than previous visits im not sure why there was only one available accomadation in the size i required 6 months before the actual holiday, when there were loads of vacant apartments in the block i was in.

Anyway back to the actual holiday. For a sliver accomadation the place was fine, though the carpets could well do with a deep clean. Bathroom was tiny but clean but i had to keep moving in the shower to actually get wet, the flow of the water was so poor, The bedrooms were spacious, well mine was, but they really need to get rid of those awful plastic mattress's. Not only uncomfortable to sleep on but on checking them out beneath the clean sheets they were disgustingly stained.
Food, again canteen style. didnt reallly impress me this time round. Was lacking in presentation and taste, and please Butlins make your custard with milk, water made custard ruins a perfectly good hot dessert.
Entertainment. I found Kevin Cruise to be entertaining, and judging from the woman doing hyena impressions sat behind us she must have thought he was hilarious. Some of the shows were repeats of what we had seen in March and the Redcoats party dances do get a bit repetitive night after night, but obviously popular with the young ones.The tribute shows were very good mind you.

A Special mention to a Redcoat called Claire, i think. She really made an effort to entertain my grandaughter who is usually shy about getting up and dancing, but with coaxing from this very friendly Redcoat she even got her up on the stage.Usually we have no dealings with the Redcoats so it was nice to have a more personal touch from them.

Activity passes bought before you arrive saves money in the long run, and now that they have increased what you can use them on its worth getting if you intend using these facilities.

Was tempted to buy the B-line passes as with previous holidays the queues to get in the Centre stage were long and to get a table with a decent view of the shows you had to get there real early but this would have been a total waste of money this trip due to the resort being a lot quieter. As each member of your party requires one, even a 13 week old baby, this would have been £72 wasted.
I also noticed that you now cannot get WiiFii in the Skyline unless you pay for it. Previoulsy it was free in this area. Luckily my daughter knew how to use my mobile with my Ipad to get internet connection.

Whether i continue my holidays with Butlins im not sure, but my grandaughter loves the place but if i do i will be a lot more wary of prices and i now know what is a bargain and what isnt..Lesson learnt....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked this in the summer holidays, I really wanted a sun holiday over sea's, my kids really wanted to go. We arrived and the booking in was ok, but only one lift so leave your cases in the car until later in the evening. The rooms where great and clean, the whole experience is a little too much for me, but once you get used to it, it was great, its kids heaven.... and remember to save a lot of money for the arcades.
Probably wouldn't return because my kids are now 11 and 13, too old. But if you've never done it, you should..
Normally would of cost £1800, we got it half price,

#7 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!