“Butlins Bognor day visit”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Shrivenham, England, United Kingdom
“Butlins Bognor day visit”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cant comment on accommodation as we booked ourselves in just for a day visit, good fun place to be plenty of things for my toddler to do and the fair and toddler rides are mostly free, food was nice and sensibly priced with a good range, there are loads of arcade machines to many i think older children could easily spend a small fortune, pool was really good fun and on the whole clean.
All in a good fun day out and well worth the £25 cost for our family (pre-book its cheaper)

1 Thank Neil P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The kids loved butlins when we 1st introduced them to it last year and so thought we'd book and pay for it early this year so that, we had one last thing to worry about and so we did that 7 months in advance. Had a family bereavement which forced us to change the date for our booking only to be told that because the mrs had made some changes in the past, that our ONLY option would be to cancel the booking and get no refund back despite us having at least 6 weeks left before our travel date. The point is, they are happy to take your money in advance and make good interest on it, but in the case of an emmergency SUCH AS A FAMILY BEREAVEMENT, when you're at you're at your most vulnerable, they try and force you to CANCEL as quickly as possible, not give you back a penny of your hard earned cash, in our case (over £650 for a weekend), but obviously re-sell your holiday/accommodation to the next unsuspecting customer to make a double profit. i was fuming when i realised that they had tried to convince the mrs to forget all that money but what's worse, tried to encourage her to spend even more money as she simply tried to re-book it for a few days sooner. SO DEAR READERS, DO NOT PART WITH A PENNY TO BUTLINS UNTIL YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING, INCLUDING A BEREAVEMENT DISRUPTING YOUR ARRANGEMENTS, AS THEY JUST DON'T CARE! Even the insurance people will ask you for insensitive information like DEATH CERTIFICATE and all sorts and not really give a damn about, what it would mean to get it. otherwise, yeah its a cool place to unwind for a couple of nights away from city life, but for that amount of money, i could get the whole family (2 adults 2 children) to Spain for 1 week. WHICH IS WHY, I WILL NOT BE SPENDING ANOTHER PENNY WITH BUTLINS!! Luckily, the travel agent who booked our flights to the destination where we will be attending the funeral has just rang to confirm that they would make changes for absolutely NO FEE or CANCELLATION CHARGES, due to the circumstances and so I am able to travel alone whilst the mrs still takes the kids for that (unchageable/nonrefundable) weekend at butlins before they join me the following week for the funeral. yeah it just simply means that we will not be travelling as a family in the first part of our journey to bury the dead, but i take comfort in the knowledge that butlins will not be rinsing nearly £700 out of our pockets for NOTHING!

12 Thank 345Chris_D345
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I’m really sorry of your loss and our thoughts go out to your family at this hard time.

We’re really sorry you were unhappy with your booking experience.

We do have booking terms and conditions, however are very flexible, so should something like this happen our friendly Customer Care team are able to offer a range of solutions to help you enjoy your holiday.

As our prices are subject to change, should you need to postpone or bring forward your holiday, the price of your new break can go up as well as down, so I’m really sorry if this wasn’t explained when you spoke to our team.

At the time of booking we offer insurance to cover you against cancellation, illness, injury or curtailment should the need arise. This is optional, however we recommend including it for peace of mind.

We’re really sorry you were unhappy with your booking experience, however if you’d like to email us your feedback to tripadvisor@butlins.com, we can investigate things for you as soon as possible.

Newport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Took the family away to butlins on the 13th-17th may this year, 18 of us staying in 3 apartments. arriving on resort early at 11am we were sent away till 12. We came back at 12 and checked in, we were told we wouldn't be able to get in the apartment till 4pm. Which we all knew before hand. When 4pm came the 18 of us couldn't wait to settle in, when we got to where we were staying, the cleaners we still cleaning and had to sit outside and wait for another 30 minutes. Which we weren't happy about.

On entering the apartments we found dirty marks on the walls, carpets that hadn't been hovered, cobwebs, broken beds that bent in the middle. After looking at the kitchen it looked clean until we opened the doors which had stains and filth on the insides, the kitchen didnt have any pots and pans to cook anythin,in the other apartments there was a pill found under the bed and just as dirty, plus glass in the sink and shower in another apartment.

After going to guest services we spoke to the resort manager who said all 3 apartments would have a deep clean within a hour, which we were happy about and he said he would then get back to us and meet us in a hour at the apartments so he could view the apartments with us.

When the resort manager arrived we went through each apartment, on entering the first apartment they had hovered the floors, the marks on walls and cobwebs were still not cleaned. On entering the 2nd apartment the cobwebs were still there and the floor hadn't been hovered. We didn't enter the 3rd because I had seen enough and a deep clean was oviously just a buzz word the resort uses to make you feel like there doing something.

After been offered food vouchers as a way of saying sorry, I pointed out that we were staying self catering and had bought food with us. We were then asked what do you want then? Discount on a holiday next time you book? Or how about 250.00 back of the cost off your holiday. After feeling like I was in a Turkish market, bargaining for some sort of compensation.

I finally said we would take the money back off the price of the holiday. Went and signed the contract to say the money would be back in my account within 7-10 working days. We went on to have a great time, the only sour point being the apartments. Which we would never stay in again.

Having arrived home we waited for the money to be paid into my account, now it's been 25days and counting. Butlins have since then sent me two letters saying hope you had an amazing time and book again next year.

If going on holiday stay away from the self catering apartments at Bognor regis

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Wight-Choice W
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis resort.

We want to ensure that everyone enjoys their stays, so I was disappointed to read about your experience staying in our Silver Apartments.

I'm really sorry to read you’re still awaiting for the money to be refunded back to your account. If you’d like to send us an email to tripadvisor@butlins.com with your details and booking reference number, I can look into this for you as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We visited a Silver apartment at Bognor for a mid week family break with twin four year olds and their grandparents. It was our fourth visit and whilst enjoyable overall, there were a couple of issues that you should be warnded about (particularly in the context of having visited severla times before);

1) There were very few activities on the Friday we departed and the pool was completely closed (for cleaning and turnaround prior to an adult only weekend). We were not wanred about this in advance, and rudely advised that "it is up to them" if they choose to close facilities. We have writtem to complain about this an await a response.

2) Whilst broadly comfortable our silver apartment was very tired around the edges (mouldy shower sealant, cracked plasterboard where doors have not been "stopped" and an old fashoioned style TV etc.

3) Drinks are expensive, albeit there were some promos (e.g. bottle of wine for £9.99)

Positively, the football tots school was excellent (ours loved getting their medals), and we were very lucky with the weather.

I guess to an extent we got what we paid for (the hotel rooms are much nicer but more expensive), but I think we might consider a return to Centerparcs for our next break.

2 Thank Paul H
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Where to start really, firstly we had no information about our accommodation apart from being advised to request ground floor as we were travelling with our 14 month old boy. I called the 0845 number and was told that as we had booked delux accommodation we were on the ground floor.

It is important to know that we had never been to Butlins before so knew nothing of the accommodation and just presumed we would be in one of the hotels, however this was not the case and were told we were in the block! The nice part it has to be said as we were in delux and at the front with our own parking place in front of the accommodation something I was very very pleased about as I stood on the balcony (yes balcony on ground level! more of that in a bit) watching the poor devils in the block behind us and not in delux having to wheel all their luggage across the resort and have to admit did have a few chuckles (later turned to distaste) at the wayne and waynettas coming along fags in mouths swearing at the kids and other family members.... welcome to Butlins I thought!

Anyway our ground floor accommodation was actually two story with a terrace and lounge, then some very very steep stairs to the bathroom and bedroom. Stairs that when next door went up you could have sworn they were in our accommodation (lost count how many times I had to check and how many times they woke our boy up).

We arrived on a 4 day Monday to Friday break and opted for the meal package so we pre-paid myself and my wife £21 a day for breakfast and evening meal.

On the Tuesday morning I attended guest services and mentioned that for a resort that protruded itself as a family resort and child friendly did they advertise in smoking times as ours seemed to be the only family that were non smokers and I did not much appreciate leaving the dining area or any indoor areas to be greeted by a deluge of smoke in my 14 months face nor did I like the fact that my sons buggy was being used as an ashtray by people in front carelessly flicking their ciggies in the air with ash normally landing in with him. The young Welsh lady laughed at my comments....
I then mentioned about the accommodation and had I known there were stairs I would have brought my own gate and perhaps this should have been something Butlins provided for its guests when putting people in accommodation after all they do know our ages when we book again she responded if we thought of everything then we would never get the park open for guests would we?
In that case Butlins perhaps you should re-evaluate the industry you are in?

Anyway there is so much more I could write but suffice to say we tried staying for another day but felt it just was not safe enough in the accomodation for our boy or very pleasent in the resort, had the weather not been awful we would have spent the days out but that too was bad. We cut our lossed and rather than stay till Friday left on the Wednesday afternoon.

I called Butlins on the Thursday explaining that we had left and asked for the credit back on our food that we did not use two days worth which is £84 not an amount I am happy giving to them in light of my experience, I did appreciate that the holiday cost was gone though.
The lasy on the phone promptly told me that I was not to get any refund at all so I emailed their customer support and apart from two requates to fill in a survey and tell them how wonderful they are have not even received a response!

They could at least acknowledge my email you would think but nothing... would I recommend Butlins to anyone? Never in a million years I'm afraid you get what you pay for and it is incredibly cheap for a break but that means you attract not very nice people.

Oh and forgot to say the resort is incredibly loud right to the early hours so beware if you take young infants.

5 Thank 275david1968

I'm really sorry to read things weren't perfect for you on your break. We’d really like the opportunity to put things right for you, so if you’d like to send us an email to tripadvisor@butlins.com with your details, we can investigate and discuss things further.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wave hotel looks great but housekeeping was poor, the room smelt on arrival and was not maintained to a high standard throughout. The rooms are of a good size and there was good storage for clothes and bags. Staff in the hotel were courteous and friendly when approached.
Food in premium dining area 'The Deck' was appalling. The food was mostly tasteless and of cheap quality (probably in keeping with the large amounts of the same variety on offer), the dining areas were disgusting and despite plates being removed from the tables and tables being set up quickly, the floors were not cleaned, neither the seats or walls which were vile and you had to clean them yourself. The only reason we kept eating there was that we had paid nearly 200 pounds for 4 days (we upgraded) and there was an exceptional female chef on the fresh cook stations who made our food great and was exceptional with cleanliness.
The activities are expensive so ensure lots of flexi passes are purchased online before you attend and be warned of the ridiculous amount of arcades smothering the main tent area which you have to walk through to get to the pool or the evening entertainment. Each go is from 1 pound up to 3 pounds, and each activity ranges from 4 pounds to 5 pounds each turn without a flexi pass. Evening shows were fabulous, indoor carpet areas were sticky and the ceiling leaked during a heavy rain fall. A round of drinks for two adults (two bottles of beer) and two small cokes for the children cost 19 pounds in the stage area, use the shop instead and take your own. Evening disco for kids was rubbish and then it was adults only from 10pm in a bar in the tent area. Review your holiday options before booking at Butlins Bognor Regis. Review height restrictions for activities and funfair for kids as they have to be pretty tall to use anything (approx from 5 years+)-this includes the rapids in the pool, and the flumes are from 8 years+!

Room Tip: Research dining options carefully. Stay in the hotel but ensure you are given excellent housekeepin...
1 Thank Hannah B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Wave Hotel, Bognor Regis.

We want to ensure everyone enjoys their stays with us, so I'm really sorry to read things weren't perfect for you during your break and want to address a few of the issues you mentioned in your review.

Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about the condition in which you found your accommodation when you arrived. I hope you were able to speak to our team about this, as I'm sure they’d have been happy to arrange for your room to be deep cleaned and for things to be put right for you. So I can make sure your room is given a thorough inspection and some maintenance ready for our next break, please email tripadvisor@butlins.com with the room number you stayed in and I can pass this onto our Accommodation team to make sure things are addressed as soon as possible.

A recent survey showed that the majority of our guests rated the quality of food on offer at our Premium Dining restaurants as very good or excellent, so I was surprised to read you found the food quality to be poor and were dissatisfied with the cleanliness of our Deck Restaurant. I have passed your comments and feedback onto our Guest Catering Manager to look into and address as soon as possible, so I'm sure if you were to return you would see some changes for the better.

We try to include as much as possible in the cost of every break such as our fantastic Splash Waterworld, Daytime Shows and Football Coaching. We also offer some more challenging activities which need specialist equipment and tuition as well as smaller group sizes which is why there is a charge for these activities. Thank you for your suggestion about including our Flexi-Activity Passes. You might also like to know that children taking part in our Club Red and VIP clubs can join in with some of our activities like our Go-Karts, Fencing, Archery and Ten-Pin Bowling for a reduced charge to help you save money, so I really hope your family were able to take part in some of these sessions too.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our evening shows, however am really sorry to hear you were disappointed by the venues and the tots disco. I have passed your comments and feedback onto our entertainments and venues manager as he’s the best person to look at ways things can be improved in future.

We’re really sorry things weren't perfect for you on your break, however would love the opportunity to welcome you back to show you how good a Butlins break can be.

Belfast, UK
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bognor Regis Butlins is the flagship of Butlins and it doe not disappoint. I can do a good comparison as I went to skegness 3 years ago then the following year went to Bognor and although they have the same setup Bognor is far superior.

I stayed in the Shoreline Hotel with my wife and 2 boys 3 & 4 yrs old. The Hotel is great as you can have the meals included which adds the holiday as you can then have something less to worry about, its not fabulous food but good enough and you have choice of dishs so there is always something that you'll like.

The kids loved it so much to do for their age group and by the looks of it right up to teenage years. when you arrive grab a program see whats on and then you can plan you day around it. Fireman Sam, Barney, Pingu, Bob the builder and even Thomas the Tank engine on the main stage to entertain the kids. Great water park, fun fair for the toddlers some of it inside so doesn't mater if the weather is pants.

Not going this year and I'm a little sad as I had a great holiday there literally just from seeing how much they enjoyed it, every night they came back to the room knackered (always a good sign).

I would say its a bargain price getaway when you choose the hotel but it sure is worthwhile.

Room Tip: I don't think location of the rooms makes much difference although given the choice i would try...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!