“day visitor”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“day visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Never stayed but the site has lots new hotels and is right by the sea... loads to do for the kids undercover as well as outside.. lots restaurants including Turners one

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Ocean Hotel an excellent place for all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

i went when the ocean hotel was first built about 4 to 5 years ago and everything was fresh and new and found it amazing.
From the disco lights and music in the lift to the fish projected onto the tiled floor.
the bedrooms were funky and fun and the food was really nice i went with my now x partner and our child who was only a few months old at that time and even she loved it.
our daughter was captivated by the changing coloured lights on the bed,
i cant really speak for the place now but all i can say is when we went it ticked all the boxes fun friendly and good value for money.
i hope its still the same now as it would be such a shame if it has gone down hill as butlins which lets face it is the face of english holidays and has been for years were on to a real winner.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Desciple0
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Winter Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to Butlins in Bognor Regis last winter (2012) for 10 nights Gold Self Catering. I am now saving up to go again!!!
The price was high, but so was the entertainment!
We learnt a feew things though. Christmas Dinner was not encluded in the price. And no matter how hard the staff tried, we could not get a seat. But from those who did, the price of £100 was worth it; 4/5 corse meals, chocclate, champaine, dinner with all the trimmings. We had Burger King and a good floor show.
The two things I did try for the first time was the hairdressers next to the Spar shop and the Spa. Go there! Both of them! If you can go on the days that people come and go, they are quieter.
Never been to a Spa before. The Ladies there took great care of me. The only thing I had to bring was my swimming costume. they provided the dressing gown, the towel and the slipper/flip-flops.
Try the outside jacuzzi. It may have been winter but the water was lovley! The Snow Cave looked great but I did not stay there long. The Sauna was HOT, No more then 10 mins for me. But the Steam Room was great but the best was the Giant Jacuzzi in the middle of the room. Bubbles every where!!!
As for the hairdresser. My hair had not been cut for at least 11 years. I had forgotten my conditioner and had been swimming ALOT. The cut was so good my hair felt then and feels not totally different to what it was.
As for the rest of Butlins. It was its usual very high standard. Glyn was entertaining as always and the Hot Chocolate With Everything was very welcome after a swim, or a walk, or anything really.
Reds was great and the Centre Stage was as entertaining as it ever was.
The Carols sung by the Red Coats was beautiful to hear, hard to find a table though. But thats the way to make friends.
If you have the time and energy, especially the energy, hire one of the four wheeled 'bikes' and ride around the parts of Butlins that you don't tend to see. Great for the legs.
There is a restaurant called Turners. Take your appetite with you and try the menu from the top. There is also a menu for children.
This February the new Fun Fair is opening. I will not be seeing that for at least a year, but if anyone can tell me what it is like I would love to know.
Take Care and Have Fun!!!!!
Lots of IT!!!

1 Thank Jo C
Douglas, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“wave hotel wish our restaurant was closer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

stayed 6 days between xmas and new year booked premium dining ,which was fine ,but to eat we had to trek every morning to the restaurant over by the swimming pool ,which is a nice start to your day when its windy and pouring with rain. But guess what the Deck restaurant was right outside the hotel door nice planning Butlins. Also i think since the opening of the Wave and all the extra people that can stay there now on busy times to many people are on the resort ,so standards do drop and theres not enough seating etc for the resort. the entertainment is on a 3 day cycle so after 3 days it repeats, thats everything is identical ,bit of a swizz if your there for more than 3 days.Cinema was closed for refurb, why when it could be done on 3 week break after new year has finished. not good enough.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wave Hotel Butlins - New Years Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've been going to Butlins for nearly my whole life and have now started taking my daughter - on the whole it's a great place for small children and my daughter loves it. This was my first stay in the Wave Hotel and whilst it has some great perks - kindle lending library and a games console area but it seems that the rooms are lacking in some basics like toilet brushes, soap dishes and heated towel rails (which would encourage you to hang on to your towels for more than one day). However, the Soho coffee bar in the Wave Hotel serves a good selection of food akin to Costa or Starbucks but sadly without the customer service levels expect to have a long wait for your daily coffee!