“Comfortable and friendly. A good place to eat”
Review of The Beresford

The Beresford
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly. A good place to eat”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were staying nearby whilst we visited a sick relative and out of three in the area, we chose The Beresford and were glad that we did. The staff were welcoming and very efficient. I chose the homemade fish cakes (delicious) and my partner had the carvery (again excellent). Good range of beers and wine and we stayed on to watch the England-Poland match. If you are not staying in Middleton-on-Sea, then this is a pub that you should seek out.

Visited October 2013

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Good value pub food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Have eaten carvery here couple of times recently and can't fault quality of food. Range of freshly cooked veggies,all cooked perfectly. And the roasts were all good meat, no gristle or fat , and lovely thick gravy!
Returned today for another perfect carvery, other friends had fish cakes ( very good), battered fish ( good but too many chips-can you have too many chips?!),liver, bacon and onions ( cooked to perfection) and perfect jacket potato. Desserts were very good too. Perfect banana splits, not too much cream. All very nice.
Only query was dogs allowed in bar where we were eating. Must admit dog ( in this case) was well behaved but think it is not good practice where food is served. Only hope chef washed his hands before serving food after patting dog on head!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently had a surprise birthday party lunch at The Beresford for my partner and it was such a marvellous event, that I thought that I would share my experience.
Victoria handled everything, including booking a disco/karaoke for me, I had absolutely nothing to worry about, except getting the guests there and keeping it a surprise. The service on the day was impeccable, the carvery was delicious, people are still talking about it even after four weeks.
I chose lunch time so that friends/family living some distance from Middleton could attend.
We had the area at the back leading out to the gardens, so it was very private, although we did spill out into the main area just below for the meal as there were over 50 of us.
From start to finish it was wonderful, the carvery started at 2 pm, followed by desserts, the karaoke and music started shortly after 3 pm and although it sounds unbelievable, everyone was having such a great time that we ended up leaving there after 8 pm.
Victoria has such a great team of staff, they put the customers first, they are always cheerful and they all get on well together, so it is a big thank you to all of you for a great day and a memorable 65th Birthday Celebration.

United Kingdom
“Great Carvery”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

After a busy day out we just wanted a great British roast and The Beresford certainly delivered. Everyone ordered the carvery in our group and there was no dissatisfied faces. The meat was moist and cooked to perfection and a great selection of vegetables to choose from, the only thing I found was that the gravy was a tad to salty for my taste, but that did not spoil it. I couldn't believe that the sponge pudding I ordered was served with custard, cream and ice cream, lovely. Will visit again.

• Visited September 2013
“Steak to die for!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner won a competition on a local radio station for £50 to spend at The Beresford. From the moment we arrived everyone was so friendly and welcoming staff couldn't do enough, my partner had the carvery after reading other reviews on here, he was please to say these reviews dont lie the carvery was amazing, fresh, hot and a good variety I had the steak which I get whenever I eat out and I can honestly say the tastiest steak I have ever had. All together we had a three course meal each and two drinks each and it came to £50.70 which I think is very reasonable especially when you think what some bigger chain pubs and restaurants are charging for their food which couldn't meet this quality. We will definitely be returning.

1 Thank anna-marie18