“Disapointing”

Malthouse Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 158 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bognor Regis
“Disapointing”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went here after seeing the good reviews. Our starters were ok. I had steak for my main which was described as pan fried. I know my steak and regularly cook myself. This steak was grey on the outside and was one of the toughest I have ever eaten. It was as if it had been really heavily chilled or frozen.

• Visited April 2014

Worth
“Little Gem”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here Saturday. Food very good, service friendly and efficient. If we lived in area would be regulars, surprised it was not busy considering quality. The outside would not entice passing trade but perhaps not much of that down quiet street

Visited June 2014
Bognor, null, United Kingdom
“Great homemade cooking”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went to this restaurant for Sunday lunch, was recommended by friends, and I have to say it was lovely. This has to be one of the best roasts I've ever had.The staff are very friendly, and the service is very good.they do other dishes on Sunday apart from roasts but I haven't had a roast for a while, so I didn't even think twice. It's so good we have decided to go once a month,can't wait for the next one lol. And at £9.95 what a bargain.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Visited this restaurant a few weeks ago as my parents were staying and wanted to take them somewhere local, but nice. I can only really describe it as being very average. Nothing really stood out which was slightly disappointing. Will probably give it another try when someone else visits to give it a second chance. The service was polite and friendly but inattentive.

• Visited May 2014
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Oasis in the deserted restaurant scene”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

No so long ago, Felpham and the surrounding area boasted a number of good "English" restaurants. This is no longer the case. Only the Malthouse now offers good dining at a reasonable price (assuming that you want a stand-alone restaurant rather than a pub). However, I think that it needs to promote itself more vigourously as it has never been particularly full on the ocassions that I or members of my family have visited.

• Visited April 2014