“Really good Service and food”
Review of Madlows Restaurant - CLOSED

Madlows Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Really good Service and food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very accommodating staff, good value for money and varied mmenu, given the location. Will certainly be gong again and have been about 3 times so far.

Visited October 2012

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Off Day?”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As central Bognor is a bit of a culinary desert I was delighted to see all the postive reports when we were looking for somewhere different than our usual haunts in Pagham or Chichester when visiting relatives in the town. It looked hopeful when we sat down and ordered two scallops & black pudding and a wild mushrooms for starters followed by two sea bass and the lamb for mains. The food and wine prices were sensible as people have mentioned and the service attentive. The starters were fine although three small scallops each wasn't over generous. The sea bass arrived as the whole fish complete with head and tail and whilst they were kind enough to fillet it for my ageing mother both her and my wife described it as tasteless and uninteresting. My lamb arrived as thin slices of lamb cut from a pre-cooked joint in an unexciting sauce with new potatoes.
We were also near to the toilet entrance which the staff had to continually close as the door closer didn't appear to work.

1 Thank SugarloafView
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a lovely restaurant this was, food was absolutely delicious and the staff in there were very friendly and attentive. A definite place to visit again .

Lenham
“'A very nice experience'”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The occasion was a friend's move and to cap it off we had a celebratory dinner at Madlows. I had heard good things about it from a local cabbie.

The good things I heard were certainly proved by our experience - from the warm welcome and good service to the very good food and drink. This was a very pleasant evening indeed and I'm looking forward to revisiting this cozy bistro very soon.

• Visited April 2012
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Best value meal I think I have ever been served”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Staying in Bognor I was wandering and looking for a suitable place to take my evening meal. A local cafe owner recommended this place as good value for money. I went and called in a secured a table for the evening. I have to say that first appearances were a bit off-putting. It looked a tad neglected and in need of some T.L.C. Some of the windows were stuffed with paper to stop drafts, and a lick of paint would not go amiss. But when I went for my meal it was a different story. What a treat. The food was just as good as anything I have eaten and at a price that makes some very expensive restaurants look rather wanting. Even the wine was sensibly priced. I could not praise the food or service too highly and it has to be the best value for money meal anywhere in the south of England. Try it