“Dont be conned into a large coffee!”

The William Hardwicke
Ranked #50 of 173 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One of Bognor's best known and well loved pubs, The William Hardwicke has something for everyone! We have just launched our new restaurant 'Little Italy' serving authentic Italian cuisine seven days a week, from 12:00pm until 3:00pm. All food is freshly cooked and prepared in our kitchen by our experienced chefs. Our coffee shop is open all day, everyday, with our trained barista’s making the finest Illy coffee and Damman Freres tea with delicious cakes and pastries. Our cocktail bar is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6.00pm. Alex and his team are excellent mixologists and create heaven in a glass. Cocktails are 2 for £8 from 6-9 each night. Please check our reviews................ lots of people say we are the best cocktail lounge on the South coast! In the Evening we like to provide you with entertainment, ranging from a fun quiz and bands on a Sunday, karaoke on a Tuesday and DJs at the Weekend. We have 2 huge outside spaces, separate drinking and eating areas, plus a coffee shop......we can guarantee you will have a great day and night.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The William Hardwick is centrally located in Bognor. It's nicely decorated. It has the potential to be so much better than it is.

The breakfast menu is pretty good value but the main menu a tad too expensive.

I visited in October 2012. My second visit to the William Hardwick. The food is generally OK, but on this occassion not brilliant.

The menu is huge - far too big a selection. They would probably do well to do fewer options better.

Service has been pretty poor on both occassions. On this occassion I bought a large coffee which had the same amount of coffee as a medium one (different shaped mug). When I mentioned it to the staff I was told I'd have to raise it with the manager.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was on the dance floor with some friends. One man was behaving obnoxiously and bumping into people, obviously too drunk to be there. Although the pub was as usual swarming with security, nobody bothered to do anything. Suddenly, for no reason, a friend of mine was punched by this man very hard on the mouth. A security guard was just coming by but didn’t appear to have seen, so I quickly told him what had happened but the man was already disappearing. The security guard tried to follow him but was not quick enough and did not seem to radio the many security guards that were standing on the door to advise them, so it seems the man just left.

My friend was bleeding profusely from the mouth and was in a lot of pain. His mouth had a very deep gash inside that needed stitches. We went outside to talk to the security guards about the incident but they were very unhelpful. Nobody offered my friend any assistance or first-aid or even anything to stop the blood flowing. In fact they wouldn’t let him back inside the pub to retrieve his coat, so one of us had to do that.

I am very concerned that the staff there do not appear to have any concern for their customers. The man that threw the punch may well be a regular and may strike again for no reason. Is anybody going to follow this up? I am also concerned that if a customer gets injured on these premises, no assistance or customer care is offered?

I would like a full investigation and explanation on this incident, as it is certainly not acceptable. I am sending this letter to the Manager of William Hardwicke and the Brewery Scottish and Newcastle and trust this will be investigated immediately.

6  Thank Jo L
Reviewed July 8, 2012

fantastic find the curry is very good value and very good for veggies like me

Reviewed June 27, 2012

really lovely pub with great atmosphere looks very posh but is realy family friendly and fairly laid back. a great pub to take kids into without seeing a load of drunk types.

1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Used to be the best pub in Bognor - never any trouble. However, lately it seems that there are fights brewing / breaking out every weekend and it's just not worth the risk.