“Great choice of well-cooked food”

Navigator Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 161 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Great choice of well-cooked food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate at the Navigator in a party of 9 and were treated very well: often large parties turn into a logistical nightmare. The Navigator has a special deal where you can 'swap' a starter and a dessert for a 'package' of starter, dessert and half bottle of wine for just £9.95 on top of the cost of the entree. So, it wasn't rocket science to decide to go for that deal and get a couple of glasses of really quite good wine with our meal.

The food is freshly prepared and cooked but the portions can be a little hit and miss: my daughter ended up with a huge portion of chips with a half-pounder burger and couldn't eat it all, whereas I had a small portion of chips with my salmon and could have done with more! Still, we all left the table feeling stuffed, so no complaints overall.

I had freshly made chicken soup - very tasty; a salmon fillet (really beautifully cooked for my taste), chips and salad. Dessert was their own concoction called 'Lumpy Bumpy'. We thought it would be really sweet and sickly, but it wasn't.

This was my second visit, and I'm sure we'll all go back as a family when we're visiting my local parents.

• Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty grub in a cosy pub!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nine of us ate here yesterday (Friday 28/11/12) for dinner and all enjoyed it. The restaurant was cosy and had great theming. I wish I had brought my camera! The service was friendly and prompt.

I had the garlic bread side for a starter, which was a huge portion complete with salad and was delicious. For my main course I had the New York burger minus the cheese. It was topped with bacon. This was served with salad, chips and garlic rings. It was a ENORMOUS portion and I couldn't finish it! I thought it was gorgeous and would order it again, but only if I was really hungry! For dessert I ordered the apple pie with vanilla ice cream which was served hot and was lovely.

The toilets were clean and satisfactory.

Overall, I would visit this restaurant again for a great, very filling meal at a good price. The only issue I found was that it was very loud and I sometimes couldn't hear my family's conversations.

• Visited December 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Best Of Bognor!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I used to live in Bognor Regis (well somebody had to!), and the Navi, as us locals called it, was always one of my favorite spots. Whether you just wanted a quiet drink, bar meal or main meal in the Restaurant, I was never disappointed. The staff are always friendly and accommodating, their is plenty of choice, and I never found the quality lacking in any way. Yes, when they're busy, which they often are in the season when all the 'Grockles' (tourists) turn up, service may be a bit slow, but it's worth waiting for and is always very reasonably priced.
My wife and I went back to the UK for a visit this August, and were pleased to be able to spend some time there. There will never be anything to equal the ambience of a good old English pub/restaurant. You can sit in there for hours with just a coffee or a beer watching the world go by, and you will not feel pressured to pay the bill and leave. I really hope Mike Lacey (the owner) and the rest of his team will still be there when we go back to the UK next time.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank richbam
Chichester, United Kingdom
“On the seafront”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The restaurant is very quaint, staff are great and food superb.....I recommend the king prawns in lime and chilli......................................

Visited August 2012
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Slow service unless you're a regular”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked a table for four here for an evening meal. We all got a drink at the bar and were shown to our table, the menus arrived about ten minutes later. We all decided to have a starter and fish for our main course and we ordered a bottle of wine. Over an hour later our starters arrived after prompting the staff and we had almost finished our bottle of wine. Our main course followed in reasonable time, but they forgot the salad. All the food was served hot and cooked well and tasted alright. We had a desset to follow. The cost for a three course meal with one bottle of wine was approx £25 per head. Whilst waiting we noticed that other customers (we assumed were regulars), that had arrived after us, got their food before us. For this reason we were disappointed. I will think twice before taking friends there again.

• Visited August 2012