“Charming B&B in North Bersted”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Priory

The Old Priory
Ranked #2 of 28 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
London
“Charming B&B in North Bersted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a very comfortable stay here for one night. Stayed in The Staddled Barn's Luxury Double En-suite, which was spotless and had everything we needed. Breakfast was incredibly tasty, with a delicious full English, as well as cereals, pastries, cheeses and fruit salad. Deborah was the perfect hostess, both friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here because of the reviews and was expecting something special. When we arrived we had to press a buzzer and wait for the gates to be opened which took at least 15 minutes. We were then greeted by a large black dog which has been described as a puppy, which it maybe, but not in size as it was up to my thigh and was covered in slobber, lovely! We paid up front as we were leaving early (7.30am) and would not be able to have breakfast as it was not available at that time (bare that in mind when booking) but was still asked to pay the full £100! We stayed in the barn which was OK just a little tired looking. The bed was a bit lumpy and sagging. The shower worked well although the head was a little loose. The bathroom in all was adequate and up to standard comparable to a middle rated hotel. The towels were a fawn/brown colour and not put on the towel rail with care and was also threading considerably. There was an overpowering smell of air freshener that I couldn't find where it was coming from and I couldn't open the door as the dog was laid outside and would come in. I would say that this B&B is overated. If you don't go there reading the reviews and having high expectations then you may enjoy it and the breakfast may be lovely just don't leave early or make plans till 10-11am! I wish I hadn't stayed here for the price as I think £60 would be a reasonable asking price. It is not stated the higher cost of rooms on here, I think they price per person? There was no service, the sleep quality poor as uncomfortable, the cleanliness acceptable, the location if you want to be in Bognor is reasonable

Room Tip: Book a room in the house as cheaper!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 123honey
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a lovely stay. We were 3 adult women who shared the family room. Everything you need and more. Great breakfast and they will cater to vegetarians. Picturesque and comfortable. Great value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We returned to the Old Priory for my girlfriend's names day (Polish tradition) for a long romantic weekend and once again had an amazing stay - thanks again Debbie & Nigel! We stayed in one of the rooms inside the house this time, which had an amazing jacuzzi bath with candles etc and was a lovely addition to the normal high standards of the room. It was a water bed which was a new experience for us, but we were pleasantly surprised at what a comfortable nights sleep we had! The breakfast as always was welcomed the following morning and having been there several times now, we always enjoy catching up with Debbie and the others and will no doubt be back again in the future. The weather was nice this time, so we got a chance to view the pool and hot tub outside, which was a lovely secluded area and we also sat out there for a BBQ which was really relaxing. We have uploaded some nice pictures for anyone thinking of coming here to view and I promise you you will not regret coming here and like us will more than likely return! In our eyes there is no question that this is in fact the Number 1 B&B in Bognor Regis no matter what Tripadvisor says!! Geoff & Patrycja ;) x

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, but the outside barns are a must to try!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LUXEMBOURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

A short overnight on 05 Sep. Very comfortable room in lovely timber-framed barn atop staddle stones. Quiet and well appointed, our room ensured we slept a good night before enjoying an excellent breakfast in good company of 4 other guests. Our hostess took very good care of us all. We will certainly return and are happy to recommend.
J. Clarke, Luxembourg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
kent england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here in the Spring. We had a double room in the main building and my parents had a room in the barn. We arrived in the afternoon and were slightly shocked to be greeted by the enormous Bobo. Fine for us but alarming for my disabled mother as she tried to get out of the car! Having read all the reviews we were expecting to be delighted with our choice but found the smell of cigarette smoke offputting. To be fair the owner was away and a friend was on duty so this may not be usual. The room was slightly 'gyspy wedding' in style, as was the barn room. Having had a lovely meal in Bognor Regis at a Trip Advisor recommended indian restaurant we returned about 9pm. By 10pm some noise started, first of all heard in the main building - other people going to bed and by 11pm a couple were having an extremely noisy and violent row upstairs heard in the barn and main building which culminated in the police arriving and forcefully removing the man at 3am!!! This was obviously very bad luck but an awful experience and very frightening. We went to breakfast and could still smell stale smoke but the breakfast was amazing. All in all a rather traumatic stay but the house is very clean, not our taste in decoration, and the cooked breakfast is delicious. I did find the amount of doilies and huge chocolate cake and boursin on the table rather odd but each to his own.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

After trying a number of hotels and B&Bs in the area, the Old Priory was recommended to me by a co-worker and since then I have always stayed here when on business in the area. When I have emailed about changes of schedule and plan I have always received a prompt and helpful reply and when I have asked they have been able to accommodate me at short notice.

The owners, Deborah and Nigel, are excellent hosts. They take a pride in good customer service. The rooms are warm and maintained to a high standard.

Breakfasts are perfect - my favourite is the traditional English cooked breakfast. However, there is a wide choice of other options: fruit, homemade cakes, toast, Danish pastries, cheese, yoghurts, cereal, etc.

They own a young-good natured New Found land dog that has been trained well. He seems to me to be learning which visitors want to play with him and who to leave alone.

I have always felt at home here and this has enabled me to relax after a long day in the office. The Old Priory is located in a peaceful corner of Bognor, in the North Bersted conservation area.

Plus I have peace of mind that my car is parked off road behind security gates.

Would recommend the Old Priory to other travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Trevali Guest House
Trevali Guest House
#10 of 28 in Bognor Regis

Been to The Old Priory? Share your experiences!