“Lovely stay, just wonderful”

The Aldwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 26 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Booked this b&b as had won tickets to Goodwood Festival of Speed at late notice. Arrived early and room was not ready, but did not think it would be.

Asked for a coffee and got bought out a lovely pot with some biscuits, owner offered to take our luggage, but we did not have a lot so just went on to the festival

Lovely room, although one point i would make was the tv was so far away from the bed, i could not watch it.

Bed lovely, breakfast amazing, asked for bill, and told all ok you have paid, i said about the coffee we had, and was told no problem which i thought was lovely

would def stay again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm reluctant to recommend this B&B as I have enough problems getting in, particularly with the short notice I am sometimes stuck with giving! However I have to give credit where it's due, and I've stayed at the Aldwick many times over the past 5 months, it is now my hostelry of choice in Bognor on frequent business trips. I think I've stayed in most if not all of the rooms at one time or another and though they vary slightly, particularly in the bathroom facilities with bath/shower. I find the rooms, and the beds comfortable and of course clean, yes like others I would prefer a duvet to sheets and blankets but I have no problem sleeping as it is. I think I'm correct in saying all the rooms have flat screen TVs, albeit small ones, and Freeview, as well as Tea and Coffee making facilities. Parking is limited but there is plenty of space on the quiet roads surrounding. The Aldwick provides free Wifi The breakfast is excellent, very well cooked and the choice of breakfast items wide. The lift, in such a small place, is a bonus. Bob and the staff are friendly and helpful. Finally there are good places to eat and a selection of takeaways within walking distance, also a small Tesco open late if you run out of essentials.

Do I have any complaints about the Aldwick? No, nothing really, and in addition it is really good value. Are there any improvements I'd like to see? Well, judging by what I've read and experienced about the quality of the food, it's a pity they don't do meals during the week, though I fully understand why and I won't starve with restaurants like Mamma Mia and Madlows round the corner. Apart from that, Duvets and maybe a larger TV would be nice, and I wish it wasn't as popular so I could get in more often!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank R2e
Reviewed April 28, 2012

A great, good-value hotel with friendly staff and a really delicious breakfast! The room was large, clean and with a good ensuite, tea/coffee making facilities and freeview television. Recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Booked the small double room for Good Friday, as we were visiting friends who live in Bognor. The room was clean and comfortable and not as small as some of the other double rooms we've stayed in over the years. Breakfast was superb, with a good range of options for all tastes. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who wishes to stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was looking for a hotel in the bognor area just for one night for a family meet, and the reviews and information given on the aldwick jumped out at me, as meeting all our requirements, so great, i thought and booked! I now wish i had gone somewhere else! First impressions on arriving were that the hotel looked lovely from the outside, in a nice area not too far from the seafront, all be it the quiet end of Bognor seafront. We arrived a little earlier thant he stated check in time but thought it wouldnt be too much of a problem to leave our bags and then go off for a walk but when we arrived at the reception desk, no one was to be seen at all, we rang the bell numerous times and still no one appeared. so we decided to give up and come back later on. Second time round, again the reception desk was unmanned, rings on the bell unanswered and we eventually tracked down someone in the kitchen to come and check us in. Granted, one of our rooms had been upgraded from a twin to a double, one thing that went right. We enquired about what time the restuarant would be open as we were looking forward to a lovely meal with a couple of bottles of wine and a nice wind down. But we were told there was no evening restuarant and they only did sunday lunch and breakfast....this was against the information and all reveiws we had read beforehand, had we known we wouldnt of booked. The rooms were ok, small tv, tea and coffee facilities, and clean enough, but quite basic. The bathroom in one of our rooms only had a shower cubicle which was VERY small, and the other room had a bath and shower, however the bath was quite high to get into, not great for an elderly gentleman, particularly seen as the were no grab rails at all to help. There was a fair bit of noise throughout the night but the bed was comfy. A nice selection of breakfast available and all freshly cooked for you. The bar i would describe more as a fridge with a small selection of drinks. On the information booklet in the rooms, it even stated a "weekend" restuarant on friday and saturday evenings - we stayed on a staurday night. On check out, once again no one at the reception desk, after ringing the bell numerous times, we gave up and just left the keys on the desk. Overall, the lack of restuarant/bar would be the main reasons for not staying at the aldwick again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We booked the Aldwick for a one night stop over. My initial emails were answered quickly. Due to the nature of our visit to the area, the hotel was more than sensitive to our needs and requirements and we felt at ease from the moment we arrived. We checked in quickly and easily and the manager/owner was most helpful.

Our room (No2) was large, clean, well equipped with the usual coffee making facilities, tv and so on, the en-suite was very nice and clean. Breakfast was served in the pleasant and roomy breakfast area and the food was more than ample and well cooked.

We can highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again later in the year.

Friendly, value for money, clean and close to the sea front. It gets 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Small, privately-run guesthouse, comfortable rooms, well-appointed. Standards better than many chain hotels, but in a "Fawlty Towers" sort of way. Excellent breakfast which must be hard to beat at an establishment of this type. Comfortable bed, good-sized room, quiet neighbourhood. Limited parking but plenty of safe on-street parking close by. Bob, the owner, was helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
#7 of 9 in Bognor Regis
The Elmer Pub and Hotel
The Elmer Pub and Hotel
#2 of 26 in Bognor Regis

Been to The Aldwick Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!