“Good. Excellent staff”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
chipper127
“Good. Excellent staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Great friendy staff who cant do enough for you a really high standard Premier Inn
i stay in a different one nearly every month and this is GOOD only downside the underground parking scary at best wouldnt recomend for ladies on there own BUT you can park outside if you gone by 8am looking forward to another 2 weeks there

please don let the parking put you off park infont off the building

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TeamTurners

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I can not praise the staff at west bromich central enough ... I stayed there with my partner and our son for 3 nights.. From the moment we booked in we were looked after .
The room was clean and spacious and stayed that way throughout our stay ... even the teddies were looked after and placed on our boys pillows. The receptionist were so helpful with every need.
The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel at home.
We didnt want to leave at the end of our stay and def will be returing at some stage in the year .
Marks out of ten i would give 100 .. i def would recommend people staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, England
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked this via booking.com purely for its proximity to the West Brom FC - the hotel generally was ok, the staff were pleasant & the bar not overly expensive for a hotel. We were a bit disappointed on arrival as we had booked two rooms & asked for them to be near each other, this didn't happen - our sons room was huge & ha almost a 360 degree window view our in comparison was quite small & when we returned to reception to ask to be closed to our son (which to be fair they accomodated) my husband & I both commented that the initial room had a smell of stale urine! The second room fortunately was fine and all in all it was a decent nights sleep with secure underground parking - the hotel is only a like from the ground, easy walking distance.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed here for work staff really nice room and food ok only bad bit was the underground car park which I didn't feel safe in

1 Thank 08062003
Kent
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I enquiried as to whether there were any disabled parking spaces and I was told yes there were at the front of the hotel but could not be guaranteed - not a problem I thought.
On my arrival, all the disabled parking spaces at the front were occupied but yet not 1 blue badge being displayed in the window dispite numerous warnings tht you could be clamped/fined etc etc. I called the hotel from my car and said that there was a contractors car parked in the disabled space and could it be moved please. Well talk about being questioned about my disability. The receptionist asked was I registered disabled - YES, then Have I got a blue badge - YES, then I got told to hang on. I waited a few minutes then a member of staff came out and moved her car - yes thats right, the staff use these spaces for themselves!!! I can understand to a certain degreee that they wouldnt want to park in the underground car park and walk through the dark car park but to make me feel like an inconvenience when I simply wanted to park using my entitlement. I cant walk very far and I had a suitcase in tow aswell.
The staff were all very friendly - a little over friendly i would say always asking if everything was ok at the beginning and end of every course at dinner. It kind of gets on your nerves a little bit but they were just doing their job.
The room was huge, but freezing. A small radiator was so not sufficient enough for such a large room so ended up going to bed with my coat on!!
Breakfast was standard and plentlyful.
I would have spoken to reception on my departure but there was no-one there and quite frankly couldnt be bothered to wait and wanted to get back into my car to warm up!
Overall, not impressed with my second stay at this hotel. When I am back in the area I would rather stay at another hotel due to this times bad experience.
Premier Inn - Please investigate the parking issue and the heating!

Room Tip: Ask for a small room otherwise you will be very cold!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Convenient family-friendly hotel with comfortable rooms and a great brealokfast.

Norwich, United Kingdom

Great Barr Hotel
Great Barr Hotel
#89 of 117 in Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Perry Barr

Been to Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel? Share your experiences!