“Birthday treat”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booked a 3 night break for my birthday intending to take in the football at aston villa v man city whilst my wife went on a retail therapy trip into Birmingham. Football was postponed until monday night (i came home monday morning) Hotel was one of the older ones,very well kept friendly staff and very easy to get to via motorways.
We enjoyed our break but beware of adjoining pub for meals staff very unhelpful and to a point downright rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
bedford
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went to this premier inn by mistake as had booked into the town central one. This inn was closer to work and we had eaten at the adjoining pub. It cost a little more but to save us driving they transferred the booking and let us stay. The room was big and clean, bathroom was tired and telly was old fashioned but I slept like a baby. Did not bother with breakfast but was only 7.50 so not expensive. Will purposely book here next time as near to work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bradford, England
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Got into room even though we arrived early. Room spacious, clean, bathroom immaculate. View of Morrisons car park spectacular. Underground car park free.
Very easy to find from M5.

Breakfast a little pricey but staff incredibly cheerful and helpful - we didn't even have to make our own toast!

Short walk to tram which goes to Birmingham and Wolverhampton. We'll definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly staff in the reception, room tired, bath rusty in bottom, mirror very tarnished, bedroom fittings a bit battered. Clean but tired. Ate breakfast at the Table Table restaurant. Arrived at 9.45am breakfast was on till 10.30am, waited for a member of staff to appear, eventually my husband knocked on the kitchen door, no reply , went in to the kitchen, shouted, no reply. So we gave up and helped ourselves. Eventually a girl appeared and said they had been unloading a delivery. We ordered a cooked breakfast, we waited, and waited, after 25 mins we chased it up. Sorry said the waitress, I had to cook it myself as the chef was unpacking a delivery.
Second morning, not much better, 2 different staff on, one completely ignored us whilst she wrote notes in a book, the other did not acknowledge us as she walked past us. Eventually she came to ask if she could help. Not the normal customer service we are used to with a Premier Inn. Did not eat in the evening Located on a busy roundabout, some traffic noise.

Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Arrived tired and checked in easily enough having negotiated our cases around the smokers right outside the main doors. Not the best start! Had phoned 2 days ahead to request two of our 3 rooms be placed together and this wasn't achieved which was disappointing. Didn't eat in the restaurant on site and checked out having slept reasonably well in our quiet room at the back of the building. Clean and quiet and satisfactory Premier Inn. Perfectly located for The Black Country Museum.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Could do with a good refurb, bathroom wasn't massively clean with oranging shower curtain and dirty anti-slip coating in the tub. We had a family room with the sofa converted for our daughter but this left little space for cases etc. In fact even without the sofa/bed the room was tiny. Fan in the bathroom didn't work, I have no more to say about that, you can work out why it was an issue! We did have a connecting door in our room which was slightly disconcerting - we had requested 3 rooms together so why they couldn't have allocated us the room we were connected to I don't know! We had stayed as we were visiting a museum up the road and for proximity to that, this met the requirement. Uninterested staff although one did have the courtesy to hold the many interconnecting doors for us on the interminably long corridor back to reception!

Banbury
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My second Premier Inn stop in 4 nights saw me in West Bromwich on business. I had to carry a considerable amount of luggage into the hotel on checking in. I struggled to open the entrance door whilst a woman intend on smoking a cigarette looked on disinterestedly. It crossed my mind that she may at least have given me a hand with the door.

At reception, no-one was around so I rang the bell and waited. A minute passed with no response, so I rang it again. The cigarette smoker eventually then came back inside and asked 'can I help you?'. Yes, she was the hotel receptionist! Really not the best of first impressions!

The room was regular Premeir Inn fare and quite clean and comfortable, but I was disappointed by the very old fashioned 14 inch portable TV which ad a remote control but needed to be switched on at the set. They really need an upgrade to a modern flat screen.

Breakfast was good and plentiful, but when I initially arrived I had a drink in the bar with colleagues before going out to dinner. The only real ale on the three handpumps ran out at that moment. Fair enough, but when we returned for a nightcap about three hours later there was still no replacement real ale on tap. There was also a very nasty patch of slippery ice on the path between the hotel block and the bar/restaurant which I feel the staff should have done something about, or at least put out a warning sign.

Some road noise overnight.

All in all a fairly unimpressive experience and not up to usual Premier Inn standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
The Robin 2 Hotel
The Robin 2 Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bilston

Been to Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel? Share your experiences!