“Google value! We will definitely come back!”
Review of The Real China - CLOSED

The Real China
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Sunday morning and we had our lunch in real china. Fantastic food selection, sea foods available, and tasty deserts. Ten pds per person, five pds for kids- good value. Less greasy too.

There are newer reviews for The Real China

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We recently decided to go on a double date as such to this new restaraunt as we planned on going Harvester but saw The Real China had finally opened so thought we would try it out. We walked in and was welcomed quickly and seated however the waiter just seated us and vanished. We then got asked if we would like a drink and we ordered, the drinks literally came after we had already had a plate of food and I mean the cup came for us to fill ourselves, I asked why the drinks were taking so long and the waiter stated the cups were being washer- wow- the food wasn't that bad but was limited if you ask me, compared to other restaraunts within a short distance offering the same service. The dessert section was SHOCKING, and I mean shocking. The desert looked like they were from Tesco, swiss roll, pink waffer biscuits. small muffins etc the fruit was bland, the grapes were large but tasted of nothing but water. The ice cream was very boring. The sweets were basically a bag of haribo dumped on a bowl. The floors around the food were very slippy. The toilets were nice but hard to find and the staff looked as if they didn't want to be at work. The lady who takes the bill payment was very miserable and wasn't customer focused threw your receipt and mint at you, can't recall a smile from her. That area of west brom is only going to get busier with the new Primark opening so I can only hope they fix the problems they have before more and more negative reviews come flooding in.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the Real China in star city before and had a great experience so i was very excited to hear it was openong up in west brom.

How wrong I was. The decor is fantastic and adds some class to west brom. But thats where the compliments start and end.

Firstly the meat was not halaal (as it was in star city). No big deal as there is plenty of veg and seafood options. But for the price you pay you get very "average" food. If you are vegetarian there's maybe 2 mains to choose from. Which is why I filled up on starters and chips. The desserts were laughable! Looked like the nipped to the tesco round the corner for some value biscuits and put them on display. The ice cream wasnt ice cream- just cream. Not even scoopable. There was 3 of us eating there and the bill came to over £40. Even paying the bill was a mission because there was no staff at the till. When it was obvious we were looking for assisstance a staff member suddenly emerged from one of the tables from eating her dinner! I was so embarassed to have recommended this place to my friends. Out of politeness they didn't say anything but the looks on their faces said it all.

Avoid avoid avoid!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Popped in here on date night as we had walked round the new complex for the first time. Decor is stunning but that's where the positivity ends I'm afraid! We were seated without a word by a surly looking youth, no drinks offered. Choice was limited on the food but at first glance looked good. On further inspection anything meant to be crispy was stale, chicken skewers still pink, all English dishes were cold. Teppanyaki bar unmanned but food out ready to cook. No check from any staff to see how our food was as I'm sure they already knew the answer! Waste of 11.99, will not last 6 mths as decent Chinese buffets are plenty within a 15 mile drive of west brom!! Such a shame as a beautiful looking place.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Thought we would give this restaurant a try and was very disappointed, staff really do need to get some sort of personality, was shown to our table with no explanation as to where the drinks, plates ect were. The food wasn't great, Im sure it wasn't chicken in the curry that i had! The puddings were jammie dodgers, wafers with the pink and white marshmallow in them and fruit. Very disappointing will not be going back again.