“Beautiful free open space, right in the middle of Birmingham!”

Sandwell Valley Country Park
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I love this place! Winter or Summer it's always open & accessible for everyone, just a mile off the main A41 highway just before the WBA football ground. Long rural walks are easily possible especially if you cross the M5 motorway bridge... On warm summer days (well if you're lucky!) swim in the lake too - just ignore the 'No Swimming' signs like everyone else!

1  Thank marcianaspector

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My family visited Sandwell Valley Open Day & had brilliant day.. It's only about 15 minute drive from our home, so it's perfect for a 'get away for a few hours'.
There was lots to do (including animal petting, face painting, children's play area, etc) & the sun was shining that made the day even more a pleasure..
We will certainly go back during the school summer holidays - maybe even find a nice area by the lake for a family picnic..

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Have been here many times and never disappointed. Two big playgrounds with a variety of equipment for kids of all ages. Playgrounds are well maintained. Haven't tried the high ropes adventure yet but planning to book this on-line before next visit.
Toilets are kept clean which is rare!
Lots of areas in the park to walk and explore but haven't tried them all yet.
Plenty of ice-cream vans and refreshment areas but would like to see a few more benches or picnic tables.
The farm is another option at a small charge but worth a visit particularly for young kids with some lovely animals to see. The teashop is worth a visit too, not too pricey.
Sometimes there is the added option of a small fair and a small double decker bus which takes you on a trip.
So much to do and I havent done it all yet, despite many visits! A fun day out, well worth a visit if you haven't been.

2  Thank Tibbyhatton
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The park is lovely, but Forge Mill Farm was a big disappointment! More of a gift shop than a farm shop, with over priced merchandise. Hardly any animals to be seen either. Fortunately it was a lovely day so we made good use of the park.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were visiting friends in bournville and thought we'd look for something to do in the area so searched country parks as we had the dogs with us. The park was so clean and we'll looked after and the walk itself was great so much space you weren't on top of one another. The place looked great 2 massive parks an adventure course and a farm so we decided to go back the next day without the dogs to explore with the children. My 3 eldest 16, 14 &10 did the closer to the edge adventure course and loved it. I booked it the night before online so saved a little but at £15 each it was well worth the money. The 2 parks was great so much to do and my little ones thought it was great. The onepark had all rope activities, zipwires etc and the other was more a traditional park with the added sports area and the only park I've seen a ride specially for disabled children which I thought was very good. There was a small double Decker bus that took you round for a £1 per person was very entertaining. We got dropped off at the farm just across the field. The farm was ok nothing special but very inexpensive and passed half hour. Back across the field was a fair with enough for everyone the tokens were 15 for £10 and most rides were 1-2 tokens. My kids certainly enjoyed it. There were plenty of refreshment vans for drinks and ice creams and toilets were close and clean. Overall a very good day out and very inexpensive unless like myself you have 6 children! Where everything because expensive!