“Sandwell Valley in Heart of the Black Country”

Sandwell Valley Country Park
Reviewed November 25, 2013

A a local I might be slightly biased but I love Sandwell Valley at all times of the year. Who would have thought that there was such a green space full of wildlife in the middle of West Bromwich. Perfect for bird watchers, mountain biking with the new trails,older kids with the rope outdor adventure area and the farm and tea shop for families with small children ( Santa comes in December!) . Perfect for everyone

3  Thank diane W

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Good place to visit in the Spring if you are keen on bird watching. You can see a variety of water birds.

1  Thank Honest-John7
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure to enjoy this Black Country park based in Sandwell. If you love to walk and enjoy the green open land with and great deal of effort gone into it to maintain it to a high standard. "Great Park"

3  Thank Chauffeurs
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am fortunate to be only 10 minutes away from here so visit regularly. There is something to do for all ages. Lovely walks and opportunity for bird watching at several pools. Sandwell Park Farm great for children with cafe for adults and entrance fee is cheap. The play area is great for little ones and outdoor gym equipment and the high rope course for older ones is brill addition. Good free parking at all areas,

1  Thank Sheila B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

this is one of my favourite places.
I visit here 3-4 times per week as I love walking.
I'll often visit with my fiancé, but i'm not opposed to visiting alone either, although if I do visit alone I will stick to the more public walk ways than venturing off though the various trails.
being local to the park and visiting since I was a child I have to say it has developed in leaps and bounds the past few years and its so nice to see. there's so much more for children to do, the play areas are clean and safe and really fun. there's also the new high ropes which is great fun if your not scared of heights! there's also mini golf and football pitches. from time to time I do see water activities taking place but I don't know much about this as its not really my thing.
the farm is great, it's about £1.80 for an adult, less for children, you can come in and see all the animals, walk through the gardens and see where all the produce is grown, go through the maze, play a game of life sized drafts, there's also a quaint little tea room, which serves full breakfasts, sandwiches, hot drinks, cakes etc and the gift shop which sells the produce from the farm including a small selection of meats, which I have tried and are delicious.
there's plenty of bike trails for those who enjoy mountain biking in varying degrees of difficulty, some of these are still being developed.
there are toilet facilities in the park that a clean and well maintained.
the park is beautiful and well maintained, I really love it here, it's a little gem in West Bromwich!

1  Thank Emmytots