“Excellent Hotel - Would definately recommend!”

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I stayed at the Park Inn hotel for one night on the 6th January and having stayed in many hotels due the nature of my job (sales) i can honestly say that this is one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in!
I had no trouble finding the hotel as I had been made aware of the difference in the sat nat postcode when making my booking so cannot comment on the ease of finding the hotel as per the previous review.
I arrived at the hotel around 5.30pm and was checked in by a lovely girl who was very polite and friendly (a rarity in some hotels!).
The bedroom itself was a little on the small side however it had everything i needed... a flat screen TV and an extremely comfy double bed with a big thick quilt!
As im a bit of a gym freak I headed to the hotel's gym and was pleasantly surprised - most hotel gyms are very tiny and have equipment dating back to the 80's but all equipment was up to date and in good working order. Unfortunately I didnt get to test out the swimming pool, spa bath or sauna but from what I could see it looked very clean and not too crowded.
I made it into the hotels Restaurant around 8.30ish and helped myself from the carvery, range of dishes to choose from but i just opted for the home made lasagna and salad which was very nice.
Breakfast the following morning was your usual hotel breakfast of a mixture of full English or continental items, again all very nice and no complaints.
I must also comment on the staff, from the girl on reception to the waiting staff - all were very polite and friendly and made me feel very welcome.
The only negative comment I have to make is that due to the weather we have been experiencing recently my car was incredibly difficult to get off the car park due to the snow but with the help of the maintenance man and a passer by I was on my way in no time!!
I would highly reccommend this hotel and whenever I am in the area again I will be making sure im booked in here!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
APickard, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2010

Thank you very much indeed for your detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. The team here at the Park Inn Birmingham West were glad to read your review . We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Adrian Pickard

Reviewed December 2, 2009

The bathroom in our room was very clean as was the bed and surfaces. The carpet was grubby and had not been cleaned for some time. The heating worked in our room (unlike our friends on the lower ground floor) however when we came back from the bar it was blowing out cold air. Ah yes the bar. There were 3/4 coaches in and one barman working his socks off. There was a broken firedoor catch on the 4th floor. The veneers on a lot of the corridor doors were rubbed off making the doors dirty looking and not nice or necessary in this day and age. Just don't use the lifts unless you do so without treading on the filthiest carpets I've ever seen

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Rooms are not what they look like on the website, small but comftable comes to mind. Good for the town centre and metro, also darkmouth park is a short walk. Staff were friendly but didnt help much with directions. Good use of swimming pool for free.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crazylifekitten
Reviewed October 18, 2009

After reading some of the reviews we neary didnt stay at the hotel but we were so glad we did,the hotels rooms were really nice,the food in the restaurant was fantasic they had just lanched a new menu i think it was called RBG because there was flags in our burgers saying this,breakfast was really good as well and we booked with late rooms.com so we didnt pay that much either,would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed for one night. Last time we visited this hotel it was the Moat House. Liked the in-room safe. Had 2 drinks in the bar, expensive, but that's what I expect in a hotel - they're not pubs/social clubs. Breakfast was good. Leisure facilities good. All in all, an enjoyable stay. Met our needs completely.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mountino
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I have stayed at numerous hotels over the years and this hotel stands out as one of the worst I have stayed in.

I requested a No-smoking room business friendly room. The room allocated reeked of smoke, had a small desk, half of which was taken up by a tray with coffee/tea and kettle. Hardly enough space to put my lap top and open the documentation I needed to work on. The room had a 3rd bed which surprised me for a business friendly room. The space taken up by the bed would have been better utilised by a larger desk. Their website advises that with a business friendly room there is a welcome fruit bowl, one hour WiFi voucher, complimentary newspaper of my choice and bottles of still and sparkling water. None of this was provided.

The kettle didn't work and was not fixed during my 2 night stay.

Although the food at dinner was good and the waiters polite my impression is that they were understaffed both front of house and in the kitchen with my evening meal taking about 45 minutes to appear after it was ordered. The carvery served the same 2 meats (Turkey and Gammon) on both nights I was there so didn't try the carvery at all.

At breakfast (08:00) there were no eggs available. The eggs had not been replenished by the time I had finished my breakfast some 20 minutes later.

On the first night there was a group of people talking in the next room keeping me awake until 3 a.m.

All in all, a very unpleasant stay in what could be a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We have stayed quite a few times for football matches,but this was our first visit since the hotel has been completely refurbished.
We had a room with double bed and extra bed for our son(He said it was comfy!)
Opening window and also airconditioning/heating controls in the room.
A new feature since our last stay was the free Room Safe which was operated by entering a code of your choice.We had also been left 2 complimentary bottles of water with wine glass.
The bathroom is small,but adequate,with bath and shower over it (not fixed into ceiling sort , so you could take it off the holder & spray where you wanted!
There was a kettle & tea-making equipment.A flat screen TV with remote control.
There was also a trouser press in the room.The wardrobe still only has 6 coat hangers and no-where else to hang coats etc.

The Leisure Club is still free to use for guests,but they now charge 50p to lend a towel.
You can however take you room towel down with you.The lockers in the changing room need a refundable £1 coin.
There is a nice swimming pool,Jacuzzi,Steam Room and Sauna as well as a well equipped Gym.With glass side windows and roof,it is relaxing watching the wildlife outside,(squirrels &birds)
The leisure club is also used by locals,but we have never really found it too crowded.

The free car park is large with ample spaces,but on matchdays they do charge £5 for Football Supporters to park there.So if arriving for the hotel at this time,tell them you are staying in the hotel and they will let you in with no charge.There is a code operated barrier to exit the car-park(get code off reception )

Our price was' room only 'this time and they were charging £13 each for the breakfast,so we decided not to bother with it. (Other times it has been thrown in free and we have gone down for it,but it is 'a bit hit or miss' as to the quality).

There aren't any nice pubs to have a walk out to in the area,so if you don't want to drive out,the refurbished hotel bar is the best place at night.Can be a bit pricey.

The hotel is actually situated right by the North Bound entry slip road Jct1) but not accessed from there any longer.
To find the hotel,exit Jct1 M5 and head towards West Bromwich(Birmingham Road).Turn first right off the Birmingham Road,then 2nd right.Hotel is down the hill,just under the Expressway bridge) .There are now sign posts to it off the motorway roundabout,(by the Northbound exit)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!