“Rooms smell like smoke”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
London, United Kingdom
“Rooms smell like smoke”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel is well located and close to the motorway. Rooms are basic and I still could smell cigarrete smoke. The aircon was very noisy and I could hear the others room aircon/toilet extractors. Fitness facilities looked OK, but I did not use them. I was in the 4th floor and have good views, though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you Isabel for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. The hotel is completley non-smoking and I apologise that your room may have been smoked in by a previous occupant. Since your stay we have improved the hotels non smoking policy and communicated it clearer in all of our bedrooms & lobby areas that fines are in place for smoking in any bedroom. Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Jason Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight stay whilst attending a conference. The hotel is set off the main roads so you are assured of a quite room unless disturbed by other guests. Our booking had been lost in the system but the reception sorted us out quickly The hotel is very clean but a little dated and the chairs in the lounge have seen better days . The staff are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is both Continental and full English and there are plenty of seats. We ate as a large group in a suite and therefore my comments on evening meal apply to that meal which was succulent and well presented. Our room was adequate with a shower which was of the walk in variety which was good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you Laurie for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable time and found my team to be friendly & welcoming and hope you return again soon.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

For me a Hotel should tick a few boxes......Location, Friendly accommodating staff,Comfortable bed & room, Good shower, Decent Food & hopefully Spa facilities . This hotel in my opinion was acceptable. The location was outside of Birmingham in the middle of a housing estate which was further than we expected so we had to get a taxi into the city...that was the downside. The reception staff were ok although not the most hospitable as I have come across. The bar/restaurant staff were friendlier especially Amo who was more accommodating. The room was clean, fresh & the bed was comfortable with excellent shower facilities. The food is where they failed......my friend & I ordered our food earlier than the 6pm sit-down which Amo agreed to arrange which was good of him as we wanted to get our taxi on time. However my friend ordered fish which had minted mushy peas included(which she particularly likes) only to get garden peas then changed to ordinary mushy peas not the minted mushy peas mentioned on the menu. As for me...I am a huge lover of Goats cheese so I ordered the Burger with Goats Cheese & Flat mushroom only to get a bread roll with Gouda cheese! & NO burger!! Naturally I complained only to be told that it was a Vegetarian Burger!!! Anyone who knows what a Burger is would know ' A burger is a flat round mass of meat or vegetables, which is grilled or fried' so effectively what I got was NOT a burger! I ended up getting a bread roll with goats cheese & the mushroom still with no burger. I was not happy as I didn't get what I wanted. You cannot state on a menu something that is incorrect. I have mentioned it to the Hotel so hopefully they will rectify this & not have on the menu 'a Burger that is NOT a Burger'. Breakfast food was average - have had better but it was acceptable. The spa facilities were good accept the Ladies changing rooms stank of what my friend thinks might have been Cleaning agent - it actually made me feel sick so hopefully they will avoid that happening again. Just one other fault about the Spa facilities which they could easily rectify is to have clear directions to get to it. We were a little confused as Innaction did not make us think of Health & Spa. Overall I was happy with the hotel facilities & would recommend to other people as long as they get their menu amended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you had a comfortable stay and have messaged you directly regarding some of the issues you encountered. Indeed the wording on our menu will be changed accordingly and our internal signage for our leisure club will be changed as part of its rebranding following the change from Innaction to Pace Club.

London England
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a nice hotel only problem is the restaurant and lounge area was cold all the time. The reception staff are excellent the rooms although on the small side are lovely and everything you want comfortable beds lovely room in all ways the restaurant is nice but cold all the time the food is always buffet one word of warning if you stay Saturday and Sunday you will not get fried eggs chef doesn't do them at weekends we complained and he was made to cook them and they all went as soon as they came out. The best food of the weekend is the Sunday carvery it is a must was absolutely delicious three choices of meat and all the vegetables you could eat desert is nice as well. One other word of warning look to see if West Brom are playing at home because alot of the fans come to this hotel for the bar and restaurant so does get busy overall a very nice hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Elaine for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our Sunday Lunch offering and do hope you return again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Park Inn last year whilst I was pregnant to visit my sister who lives in Birmingham. The hotel is very easy to find and has good access to Birmingham. Generally the hotel is very good value for money; however, the massage made it worth going to stay there for! I had a pregnancy massage with Anita Aheer and my mum had a holistic massage. It was so good that my mum asked to go back for a massage again this month (feb 2014) and I decided to have one again too. My mum loved it so much that she asked for a further 30mins on top of her 1hr massage. My mum has tried and tested so many different massage therapies in other places and nothing has helped her shoulder and lower back pains as much as Anita's massage. She uses a range of sports massage, relaxation, Reiki, etc on you and I also think her massages are great too. Her skills are phenomenal and I would happily go back again and again to stay at the hotel due to her massage. I've also had many massages with others eg beauticians, spa days etc but no one comes close to Anita's massage.

If you go to stay at the hotel, it's definitely worth going to have a massage too and have a dip in the jacuzzi!

I'd like to go back regularly to stay and have a massage. It's definitely worth the money, especially if you book in advance to get a good hotel rate.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your five star review following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to read Anita looked after you and Mother so well and we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon for further treatments.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was a good hotel ... but i think the management can do a lot better. Best part is the pool area... its really nice.
The bar was a good in the night. The rooms were good as well and b'fast was not bad at all

Room Tip: Near the reception
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be convenient and hope you return again soon.

poole
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Everything was ok. Room slightly tatty, slightly grubby, restaurant not too bad and priced averagely. Service from staff very good, polite, friendly and helpful. Whole experience was ok and I would stay again but not as my first choice. Whole place just needs a little refreshing and a step up. However, room rate was about right for the place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read you found the team to be friendly & helpful and your stay overall was comfortable and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
#1 of 5 in West Bromwich
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,890 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!