“Very clean, pleasant hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Newcastle
“Very clean, pleasant hotel”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here with National Holidays. The hotel was nice & very clean. The staff were all lovely.....especially the waiters and waitresses. Our room was a good size and was clean with a nice modern-looking en-suite, tea & coffee making facilities, A hanging wardrobe, TV. There is free wi-fi. There is climate control in the rooms which was great. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

We ate an evening meal and breakfast there. The evening meal was a buffet (part of our national holidays trip) & was lovely. I had soup then chicken curry & chips & choc cake.......they served bottles of water with your meal which was good. The breakfast was also a buffet & there was a huge choice of continental and english breakfast. We had a drink in the bar downstairs in the evening. The bar prices were reasonable.

The only negative thing is could say was that the swimming pool is small and was always full, I did however use the sauna and steam room briefly (they were also very busy). The gym appeared rather empty.
Also, this hotel is huge & our room was down some steps, there is a lift but we were just down a few steps so I don't think the lift would cover that floor? If you have mobility issues i would ask for an accessible room.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed accommodation in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for one on same floor as reception if you have mobility concerns.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while on a National Holidays trip. The hotel is nice, very pleasant. The rooms are spacious, bathroom facilities excellent. The air con actually works too!! (Very rare in these kind of hotels) The staff were very friendly and polite, always smiling and talkative. Only negative is the weekend opening times for gym facilities.. Open later than a weekday and by the time it did open our coach was just about ready to leave.. Overall though one of the better hotels in all aspects and I'd recommend it

• Stayed August 2013
newcastle
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I only stayed here as I was on a National Holiday trip.
First impression it was a nice reception friendly and the entrance clean tidy and quite modern a ramp going up the side for wheel chairs.
We were at the very top of the hotel so we got the lift which was fine not a problem.
Our room had three beds which was unexpected but not a problem I was just hoping we weren't getting room mate haha. It was clean and there were enough towels also their was a kettle with coffee milk, biscuits etc. It was nice enough
As we were on a trip the evening meal was already booked. The bar area really nice was my favourite part of the hotel as it was comfortable a nice chill out place. The alcohol wasn't cheap but no more than bars and restaurants.
The food wasn't bad it could have had a few more options, the dining area was lovely and spacious with a melon starter or soup and a buffet style dinner, we had a choice of various vegetables (a bit undercooked) a vegetable slice, chicken curry with rice. fries, roast potatoes, gammon carved to suit and chicken nuggets if requested. I expected chicken and pizza or pasta I wanted the dinner style meal but didn't want it with gammon would have been nice to marry it with chicken or beef, My husbands a vegetarian so only the chips or vegetable and the pasty slice option. The puddings chocolate cake or strawberry or lemon cake very nice though so no whinges about that.
Pleasant evening in the bar having a few drinks bar and restaurant area ran by friendly staff.
Didn't sleep well as neighbours really noisy but as it was a Saturday night what can you do we did bang on wall several times and they got the hint, walls are thin but no different to other hotels, also the air conditioning was their if needed.
Only one major concern the whole place did have a bit of a musty damp smell no idea where that was coming from or why.
The Breakfast was good I had a full English and ate every mouthful, there was also loads of cereal and yogurts, fruit, tea, coffee and orange juice.
Theres a pool we didn't use it and some people were disappointed as kids had to get out at 6pm.
I would stay again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fordyuk
WHITLEY BAY, ENGLAND
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this through my works sports and social club which use National holidays weekend breaks. Hotel was within 30 - 45 minutes from Cadbury World and West Midlands safari Park. All the hotel staff were so friendly, the rooms were spotless and looked fresh/new looking. The bedroom had a kettle with coffee/tea facilities and there was an ironing board and TV. I presume you would need to ask at reception for an iron. The bed was so comfy and the air conditioning was a godsend. The evening meal was very nice which was a soup, carvery and a lovely slice of chocolate cake for pudding. I only had toast for breakfast but there was the option to help yourself to a full fry up if you so wish. The hotel has a spa and swimming pool which unfortunately did not get time to use. Overall a great hotel (I have stayed in more expensive hotels for short breaks) and I can honestly say for service and value and amenities this has been one of nicest. I would highly recommend the Park Inn by Raddison chain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Peter_Sivy, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences here and we hope to see you back in the future!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I did lots of online research to find a suitable hotel for us, a group of girls, who wanted a relaxing weekend away near birmingham.. We all had certain criteria for our hotel choice: free wifi, pool with jacuzzi, steam room & sauna, breakfast, ample free parking, and we all agreed we wanted to find a hotel that had spa treatments available on site so that we could all chill out by the pool whilst we each went for our massage treatments. We also wanted a hotel that was near some restaurants and a cinema, since we all just wanted to relax and enjoy some "me" time away from our kids for the weekend!

After lots of research, we found the Park Inn which was close enough to Birmingham city centre if we wanted to venture out to the centre, and it ticked all the boxes that we wanted.. The new shopping complex New Square was recently open too which had a new Odeon cinema, restaurants such as Prezzo, Harvester.. And also a big stylish Tesco extra! Most importantly, the hotel had an on site Massage Therapist. We read lots of reviews from previous people who have stayed at the hotel, who highly recommended the massage treatments they booked with Anita, the massage therapist. We went ahead to book the hotel and book our treatments for 1:30pm... We arrived at the hotel and even though it was a little early to check in, the friendly hotel staff did their best to ensure our room was ready as soon as possible.. We checked in and then went to the fitness centre to use the pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and have our booked massage treatments. We met Anita, the message therapist, at 1:30pm, and we each enjoyed the most amazing massage treatments. We were very surprised that Anita was highly qualified in lots of different massage techniques, such as Indian head massage, Swedish massage, sports massage, Thai foot reflexology, aromatherapy massage, and she also has had vast experience teaching yoga. I have to say we all thoroughly enjoyed our treatments that were each tailored to what we individually needed! Not only that, Anita also gave us all some very helpful tips and advice about stretches and exercises that we each needed to help with our different back, neck, hip, leg issues we had! Our weekend away was pretty much focused around our spa treatments, and it was most definitely the best decision we made, to stay at this hotel and book massage treatments... Anita was extemely friendly and helpful, not forgetting to mention, her massage treatments were absolutely bliss! She's extremely wonderful in what she does, and we were so amazed at how hard working she was! We started our treatments at 1:30pm and she didn't finish the last treatment with us till 7pm! Our spa treatments were a great start to our relaxing weekend away from our kids!
After enjoying the pool & treatments, we returned to our hotel rooms to freshen up before going out for dinner & cinema.

The hotel itself is very welcoming, as the lobby is very stylish with comfortable sofas. There's also on site costa coffee which we enjoyed every morning, as it was open from 7:30am... Not that there is anything wrong with the coffee provided in the hotel room, but if you have fresh costa coffee option available downstairs, then it's definitely an incentive to get up early out of bed to get a fresh coffee! Especially as we are all so used to getting up early with kids! Those with kids will understand!! The restaurant is also very nicely set out and inviting, and if we had wanted to dine in the hotel, the menu option was very good.

There was a wedding function going on during the weekend we stayed, and we were a bit worried that there might be a lot of noise as our rooms were very near the function rooms.. But surprisingly, once our room door was shut we couldn't hear anything so it was great!
The hotel rooms were very clean, bright, quite spacious, and very modern. The bathroom was wonderful as the showers were awesome! Very modern decor, and we loved the overhead shower! The beds & pillows were very comfortable too.

I think the location of this hotel was perfect as it was close to birmingham town centre, and the cinema shopping complex was only 4 mins drive away. The Tesco extra was also handy too, as the weather had turned cold from the hot period we had in uk, and we all brought summer clothes with us! It was very convenient to have Tesco extra there as we were all able to buy a jacket or cardigan when the clothes shops were all closed!

All in all, we enjoyed our relaxing weekend, which we have to say, it was all down to Anita, who made a great wonderful start to our weekend! The massage treatments really were the highlight of our whole weekend away! We all recommend this hotel and HIGHLY recommend you book treatments with Anita! You will certainly not be disappointed! It's a shame we don't live anywhere near West Bromwich, otherwise we'd all be regular clients for Anita's massage therapies!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a comprehensive review! I will pass on your thanks to Anita who is probably reading this now and feeling very proud.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely hotel, very clean rooms and air conditioning was superb. Meals were delicious, staff very friendly. Good location for Cadbury World and Severn steam trains.......close to west midlands safari, would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey G
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to the Park Inn as they were very reasonably priced and they had leisure facilities. I specifically wanted a pregnancy massage and I had read many good reviews on trip advisor about Anita who is the massage therapist at the hotel.

I have to say, the massage made my stay worth it as it was one of the best massages I've ever had. She was very considerate of my stage of pregnancy and even finished off the massage with some free Reiki. I would definitely come back again to have a massage with her.

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly; however, my room rate did not include breakfast which was a shame. Saying this, it was good affordable accomodation without all the fancy frills and value for money as it is close to Birmingham city centre (tho you do need to drive as the public transport links are not that easy).

I would definitely go again as Anita's massage makes it worth a trip to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#6 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!