“Horrid”

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from a visit to the BBc good food show at the NEC Birmingham, We decided to book a hotel away from the centre of Birmingham, Have a nice pool . relaxation, what a shock the minute We walked into our room I new we had made a huge mistake. I opted for a smoking room, naughty I know . so u expect that the room will be a little tired, but this was beyond that. Although the room was clean, everything was tired and worn out , and for £65.00 quid a night out of town I thought I'd be a bit of a winner . wrong. don't know where to start really. Picture missing off the wall which stuck out like a sore thumb. frayed discoloured lampshades, duvet so thin and worn out duvet cover that didn't have any fasteners on it so it was forever slipping out, 4 hangers . taps so stiff couldn't turn them, hole in the divan base , it was horrid , and was glad i had only booked for 2 nights, We decided to eat at the restaurant, big mistake . don't order the rbg burger it's bland and dry as we're the chips . no condiments we're offered . no side dish of mayo or coleslaw nothing, my Husband ordered steak and ale pie. the waiter came back and said there wasn't any pastry would he mind having mash instead , after an age of waiting it finally came .very disappointing . nobody came to see if everything was ok , so we just left . end off. Breakfast was a lot better except I had to ask for egg as there was just an empty dish , not much choice in the hot food, but plenty of continental choice. we enjoyed the breakfast. also I will say the staff we're very nice. At last I will come to the swimming pool, a no go area for us. One of the reasons we booked the hotel was for the swimming. But the swimming pool was like a goldfish bowl to public. and very tiny, so gave that a miss, Don't bother venturing into west Brom it's like a ghost town full of poundlands and 99p stores . The only good thing about our weekend away was the shows at the nec excellent ......

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ann m

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were travelling with our 4.5 year and 18 month year old children and picked this hotel primarily because of it's location (convenient to a wedding venue) and facilities - a pool and interconnecting family rooms (a bargain at £75 B&B per night). We were not disappointed and the hotel exceeded our expections especially the friendly, personal service shown by waiting staff who managed to be attentive despite being busy with guests travelling as part of a UK coach tour (in total 5 coachloads of guests breakfasted at the hotel). The staff recognised that we were not part of this homogenous group and differentiated the service provided both at our evening meal (in R&G Grill Restaurant) and at breakfast time when we were offerred tables discretely tucked our of the way. Rooms were clean and comfortable (room 146 had a broken window handle but that was the only fault we noticed) and QUIET - despite being so close to the motorway and the hotel being presumably close to full occupancy. Our children enjoyed the pool - the shallow area was sectioned off - and there was a bubbly spa pool. Ample free parking and we could even see our car from our room!

Room Tip: If you would like easy access to the pool and it's entrance (which provides easy ground floor ac...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy100London
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I travel regularly for business and choose my hotels based on motorway access, car parking and leisure facilities so I can train for my combat fighting..oh and a decent bed too! This ticked all the boxes and would stay again.

What topped it off was Anita Aheer's massage therapy at www.massage-therapies.co.uk I went to her due to a back problem i suffered for a week sustained in training. She pinpointed from. Her holistic approach. Her vast experience in field and experise fixed me by the end of the session! Dont tell my boss but i'll be booking the park inn many times now because of her services. Great food too guys!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Saj12345
Peter_Sivy, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Saj,
Thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next time tou are travelling this way,
Peter Sivy

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here on business at the beginning of May 2013. The rooms were very small but clean and had lovely contemporary showers. Heating worked well and beds were comfy. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and the calamari with dip was absolutely gorgeous - well done to the chef. Excellent service from the waiters too - much better than I would expect for this type of hotel. I still dream of how yummy those strips are now...! Breakfast was also really nice with a great choice and good quality. Wi-Fi was free too and easy to access.

Unfortunately the leisure facilities at this hotel let it down considerably. I booked this hotel so that I could enjoy a swim before dinner but I wish I hadn't bothered. The pool is 7 strokes long. The changing rooms were dirty, lockers hanging off the wall, hair on the floor and showers that trickled water out. I was the only woman in the whole swimming pool/sauna/hot tub area and feel a little bit intimidated, to be honest. Groups of men shouted (not in English) to each other across the sauna/Jacuzzi/length of the pool and it was not one bit relaxing. It is 50p to be given a towel (so I took the one from the room!). As I left the facility I went to speak to the male member of staff on reception. He did not look up once from texting or acknowledge my departure at all, so I did not feedback about my disappointment over the facility - I did not feel it would make much difference.

My check out the next morning was good and for £68 with free parking then the hotel was fair value and 2 miles from my business conference. Thank goodness for the calamari otherwise the leisure facility would bring my rating for this hotel down!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kerry S

Dear Kerry,
many thanks for your review, I was gald you enjoyed your stay and your calamari in our RBG restaurant. Dissapointing to hear about your leisure centre experience, I will pass on your comments to the LC manager to address with the team.
best regards Peter Sivy, General Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends for my hen weekend and was pleasantly surprised. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, especially James at reception who welcomed us on arrival. The hotel was clean and breakfast plentiful. Would definitely stay again. I had a wonderful back and shoulder massage by Anita who was very helpful and professional (would certainly recommend) Unfortunately some other members of my group had very disappointing manicure and pedicures with the beautician, nail varnish was old and gloopy, they had to remove their old nail polish themselves, and there was no foot or hand care. However that does not take away from the other benefits of staying here. I would love to know how to get hold of the pillows they have, they were amazingly comfortable. I would love to buy some.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spend a lot of time in this hotel and it is FINE. Cheap and cheerful and it has got (a little ) better over the last year or so....but, The Massage Therapist, Anita at Inaction is just amazing. She is the best thing about the whole place! Go and see her to de-stress, reduce your aches and pains and rejuvenate.

Ask at reception to book her in or google her. She is amazing!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Me and some friends turned up late on Saturday afternoon looking for a fairly cheap place to stay after going to another hotel and finding it was under construction and to be honest was a hell hole.

When we arrived we were greeted by James a very enthusiastic helpful receptionist. The room was great, very clean and modern, and so was the shower room. We decided to have a meal in the restaurant and were very surprised, fairly well priced menu and wasn't disappointed in the food although the bar is rather expensive.

The next morning we had breakfast and were pleasantly surprised by a wide variety spread of hot and cold food, cooked breakfast was very nice and plenty of it.

While there we made plenty use of the pool and spa facilities, no complaints and the massage given by Jen was amazing.

Overall we all had a great time, all the staff were well mannered, helpful and professional. We will definitely be returning soon.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
#2 of 5 in West Bromwich
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!