“Satisfactory” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Bromwich
Bolton England
“Satisfactory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to this hotel with National Holidays on Saturday 16th February. The check in was speedy and we were in our room in no time. We had room 220. This was a twin room and was OK. The shower was good but you had to unhook the shower head to get the right temperature before getting in. This could have proved a problem for some people.
The food in the restaurant was basic but you would not go hungry. The evening meal was carved ham and the usual vegetables. There was a vegetarian option as well. The dessert was gateau, this had been frozen. The breakfast was varied. The choice was, cereal and toast, bacon, eggs and other fried items, plus cheese and ham, fruit and yoghurts. All in all for what we paid it was good value.

Room Tip: We had room 220. We found this room to be quiet. It overlooked the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
crowland, lincolnshire, uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

As others have commented, difficult to find. I made the mistake of following my sat nav into a somewhat run down trading estate. Reception straightforward, save for all the aggressive signs (in the car park too) about the dangers to your wallet of parking in the car park. Need to enter registration number on an electronic system accompanied by threats - get it wrong and it will cost you £100. Easy to do with hire cars and even my own car reg no gets forgotten all too easily. Bedroom fine but very cold and doesn't warm up. Went to bar for a drink and a sandwich. Alas, the very cheapest ingredients. Yes, it was a tuna sandwich, but the bread? Almost no filling and made me aspire to a filling station sandwich. Salad alongside fine. Noticed that adjacent table sent their meal back as cold instead of hot. The staff comment "I can't think how that happened" made me smile. The bed sounds like it is a fold up bed with springs but it isn't. I haven't yet worked out from where the squeaks and rattles emanate, but if this is the standard bed frame in the hotel, I would advise active couples to think twice before staying here.
Staff fine which is why this gets a three, rather than a two point rating.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Orgeres, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here as we were exhibitors at a major trade fair at the NEC, Birmingham and used my Club Carlson points to pay for our room. The Park Inn is a perfectly good business hotel in our opinion; the room decor is bright and the fixtures and fittings, especially in the bathroom, are of good quality. Internet access in the room was free (but for only 1 device) and parking for guests was free both of which were very welcome. Of the hotel facilities we only used the restaurant. We used it every night of our stay, mostly because there was nothing else around the hotel and we were too tired after a day at the trade fair to search out alternatives. The food in the restaurant was, again, of average standard. One waitress told us that the main menu hadn't changed in a long time. There was, however, a buffet available on most nights. However, considering the lack of alternatives in the immediate area, we both felt that the prices were a little high.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful . Apart from the restaurant prices, our only complaint was that smokers congregated immediately outside the main doors. I feel that they should have to move a minimum distance away from any building such as a hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room as near reception, or the lifts, as possible. Some rooms on the same level as recepti...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hull, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here with our granddaughter (2 yrs old)...... Form entering the hotel to leaving it was perfect. Staff were on hand very cheerful and attentive. Room was very basic but VERY clean.
The evening meal we had was beautiful and there was plenty of choices, a guy called Joshua ran the whole restaurant like it was a mission. He was with out doubt one of the best managers I have met in a hotel environment. (If he is not management he should be).
Nothing was too much trouble even down to warming up milk for our granddaughters bedtime.
Breakfast was again on level to many top hotels, it was tasty and hot.
Booking out was simple and the staff are so polite and helpful.
Would we return there? Dam right we would.

Room Tip: All I can say is some people like to have a moan, but I would definitely stay there again
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ware, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed here for the last two weeks, with one more week to go, as I am on a course in West Brom. The staff are brilliant and the rooms are fresh and bright. Bathrooms are newly refurbished and the whole hotel has a nice friendly feel.
The restaurant provides very good food in the evening and the breakfast is spot on. Thoroughly recommend for business and local base.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and clean. Stayed in two parts of the hotel and both rooms have been perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was in Birmingham for business and this hotel selected by colleagues. I would not stay in this hotel again.
Location is quite remote, taxi cost to city center is about 17 GBP.
Breakfast and dinner quality and service level is very low.
Stayed there for four days and I was able to get tea for breakfast only one day.
Waiters do not know teh menu. I waited for 40 minutes after ordering to get my food and it turned out that the food was already avaliable at the food-bar. He told me that he didnt know this after 40 minutes.
Rooms are dusty but bathroom and toilet are clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Peter_Sivy, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was shocked to hear some of your comments. We are indeed located 4 miles from Birmingham City centre. Taxi from the hotel to city centre bookable at the front desk is 12GBP and not 17GBP. I was sorry to hear that our restaurant service failed to meet your expectations, I would like you to contact me to provide us with more details in order to improve the service we provide for our future guests. Kind regards Peter Sivy, General Manager (peter.sivy@rezidorparkinn.com)

Travelers are raving about these West Bromwich hotels

Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business trip, room ok but a bit cluttered and looking a bit worn, breakfast quality very poor and cold, did not use restraunt for evening meal but judging from the breakfast maybee a good move, staff very good and cheerfull and courteous "made up for the rest of the lower points", would I stay again? at £75-00pn no I have stayed in a lot better for a lot less money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter_Sivy, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear dave k,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I was sorry to hear our breakfast selection fell short of your expectation. I would appreciate if you shared with me a bit more detail so that I can use your feedback to improve our selection for our future guests. Please contact me on peter.sivy@rezidorparkinn.com. Kind Regards, Peter Sivy, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Bromwich
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge
Ladywood
Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!