“This place always seems empty!”
Review of Di Napoli Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Di Napoli Italian Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good steaks and a decent wine choice. If you turn up for a late lunch, they don't seem to like it though. Pasta is reasonable...

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Absolutely no atmosphere. Only customers at 9.30 on a Friday night, felt like we were an inconvenience. Having said that food was nice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

there spagetti dishes are brilliant, service excellent, mid priced aprox £46 for 2 with wine, atmosphere electric and the ambience was excellent

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Was a bit sceptical about this place, having seen scathing TripAdvisor reviews, and because it's not run by Italians, which raises questions about authenticity. Was pleasantly surprised though.
Couldn't believe how crowded it was when I entered with my family just after lunchtime on a Sunday, as it's not in a very cosmopolitan location. Thankfully I'd reserved a table. Had a short wait as we were early, but the staff were very friendly and accommodating during this period.
When we were finally seated, we got a good look at our surroundings. I have to say that it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing restaurant I've been in, but it was nowhere near a dive.
I ordered the Calamari Pizziola starter, and a Cannelloni main. It was my first squid experience so I have nothing to compare it against, but it was delicious once I got used to the texture. I have to say the Cannelloni was a little bland, but nowhere near the worst I've had. My wife said the same about her dish.
Receiving the bill was a pleasant surprise. I would say that this is the perfect place to dine out when not going all out. I wouldn't mind going again. I would guess the bad reviews are from people who went there expecting a lot more for less...

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been here on two separate occasions, both were business lunches. The establishment was very quiet on both occasions, the food and service were fantastic. I love Italian food, and my only regret was that I chose the steak as a main course on the first visit.......it was soooooo good that when I revisited I could not force myself to move away from this selection.

This restaurant comes highly recommended.