“Good example of a Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Nottinghamshire
“Good example of a Premier Inn”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Getting familiar with Premier Inns as always choice when staying for business and often holidays. Women put on first floor which is good, but no lift.

Fantastic staff both in the Inn and in the pub next door. Internet was not working either in Inn or Pub when I was there and got instant refund on my £3. Bit of a pain when away on business hope it's working this week as going back.

Good clean comfortable large rooms. Was quiet to last night then person next door snored (he was very loud), but that's not Premier Inn's fault. Could do with a luggage rack but love large room to spread out in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Clean hotel with friendly staff. No lift here so Ladies beware if travelling alone - travel light as single ladies usually up on 1st floor. Intermittent Wifi can be a nuisance. Large flat screen TV's but limited channels. Although close to busy main road it is quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

A truly fantastic stay - terrific value for money, attentive staff and the most amazing bed I've ever had the pleasure! If ever you need anywhere to stay near Birmingham - i can totally recommend the Premier Inn @ Oldbury.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had a nice weekend at oldbury, quiet comfortable and clean, bed was on the small side plus hard mattress, overall stay was great, great helpful staff and a KFC next door, deffo recommend staying there :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My stay at this Premier Inn was to visit friends, and the staff were so friendly; as a woman travelling alone I was made to feel very comfortable and I knew I could ask if I had any concerns (which I didn't). Speedy and good service for food, the room was clean and all the staff helpful and friendly. I will definitely use this Premier Inn again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed just before Christmas, booked earlier in year so got a cheaper room rate. Car park busy when we arrived but no problem finding a space.

Check inn was quick & efficient & the resection is on duty was friendly & knowledgeable. Quickly gave us our key & directed us to a room at the far end of the hotel facing onto the road, which was not a problem as it was well glazed. No table on one side of bed, returned to reception to ask for one & we were brought one very quickly by the receptionist. Room spotlessly clean as usual, as was the bathroom. Pressure in the shower was very low which seemed to use more water, also the non slip surface of the bath was non existent (mats are available from reception). Bed was very comfortable & had an excellent nights sleep. Also a large flat screen TV on the wall with all freeview channels.

Overall very comfortable stay again (2nd visit the year), very little has changed. Would recommend & definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013
South Staffordshire
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised! We visited family for Christmas and rather than hire an expensive taxi back (it was Christmas and I wanted a booze up) we decided to stay here. The main plus for me was the bed. Now, I have a dodgy back and I can honestly say this was the most comfortable bed I have slept in. Oldbury; well let's be honest it's not the prettiest of surroundings and this hotel is adjacent to a KFC- not great or us vegans. But we were situated at the back of the building, away from the car park and I slept soundly, with no outside noise to disturb me.( tip= ask for a room along the same side of the corridor as room number 17) Didn't take advantage of breakfast, i think £ 8.25 is excessive given our dietary requirements . Not for lack of trying by the staff member who checked us in. Not sure if this can be classed as excellent customer services or uncaring , corporate upselling. That is a by the by. We had no interest in eating, so I cannot pass fair judgement. Few unsavoury specks in the bathroom and the shower head wasn't working 100% because it was loose, but the overall standard very good. I actually like the simplicity of the rooms- I don't want nic-nacs cluttering up the place when I stay in a budget hotel. If I want character I go elsewhere. This Premier Inn was convenient and it it did it's job. Not enough coffee- just TWO sachets - but I'm sure the staff would've obliged If I'd been bothered to ask. To re-cap; not the best deal we found in the area, but by jove it was the best sleep I've had in ages.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Jurys Inn Birmingham
Jurys Inn Birmingham
#21 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel? Share your experiences!